Release Diablo

Discussion in 'Software Releases' started by notaz, Apr 12, 2015.

1. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

@Notaz:

I found an issue. I suspect you don't see it when using the touchscreen, but using an external mouse, it's pretty obvious. when you click in the inventory (to drop an item as exemple) the mouse move imediately to the left of what look like a "black border width" I guess it's related to the touchscreen fix...

2. drock

drock Member

Finally had some free time to try this out.  Amazing work.  

3. asimov-solensan

asimov-solensan Member

First of all, thanks a lot notaz. Never played Diablo before (gaming confession), now I have the perfect excuse to try it.

Next, a question: Is there a way to remap keys. They are not changed from pc version, and I'm trying to play with the stylus, it leaves many useful keys out of reach that could be assigned to the keys next to left thumb. At least in the game menu I haven't seen such option.

4. BAFelton

BAFelton Well-Known Member

5. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Okay looks like I won't need to make a three way pandora multiplayer video now.

6. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

There is no built-in way, you can only do it at OS level. I guess I can patch next version to run pre-run/post-run scripts from appdata (like some other PNDs do) where you could put xmodmap commands to set up and restore custom keymap.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
    Mr_Loon likes this.
  7. sebt3

sebt3 homebrew player (P. & C.)

As far as I know the pre/post scripts known around are started by pnd_run.sh (I also have this in my pnds but for other usages).this should already work with your current pnd :)

8. ckblackm

ckblackm Member

Is there a way to get the data files from the CD without installing it to another PC?  I don't have anything running windows atm.

9. PowerGod

PowerGod Advanced Member

I suppose the main problem is patching the files with the last version, but maybe wine can do the job

10. TrashyMG

TrashyMG Sarcasm Dispenser Staff Member

Well I used wine to install it on my Linux machine. You just need the mpq files. I believe you can get diabdat.mpq right off the CD. The patch may be a little tricky as it's distributed in an EXE, Patch_rt.mpq may be able to be extracted using an archive manager or something, but I fear that may not be the case.

I'd say wine is your best bet.

dimag0g likes this.
  11. doragasu

doragasu Member

Tested the full version and it's working perfect. It looks great on the Pandora.

Thanks again for another "impossible" port!

12. JippyKahJeh

JippyKahJeh Newbie

Hey, look what i found recently:

photo_2015-05-17_19-25-05.jpg

photo_2015-05-17_19-24-56.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  13. fusion_power

fusion_power Advanced Member

BRAVO Screenfun?  :lol:   At least it's not Computer BILD. ;)

14. foxblock

foxblock Asleep

Just out of interest and to optimize the PNDs created with PNDTools a bit (default options): What does your typical mksquashfs call look like for a PND?

I am currently just using "-nopad -no-recovery -noappend", which seem to be the necessary ones and probably could be optimized.

15. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

Check the official script:http://git.openpandora.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=pandora-libraries.git;a=blob;f=testdata/scripts/pnd_make.sh;h=fed33961756956b87bcf7bc612a3136f106dca05;hb=HEAD#l286

Note the "-all-root -force-gid 0" options, those allow to "overwrite" files in pnd, but individual files still have to have "write by others" permission set.

No they're not really necessary, -nopad is even harmful I'd say.

16. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

Just for info... Diablo is finally dead...

17. ptitSeb

ptitSeb Serial Porter

You finished Diablo on the Pandora?

18. elwing

elwing Rabbit Addict

yes, now I need to get back to half-life, I've still not reached xen...

19. foxblock

foxblock Asleep

Thanks!

What do you mean by that? Is that the functionality of files in pandora/appdata/[pnd_id] overwriting the same files inside the pnd?

Well for the majority of Windows users -no-recovery and -noappend make sense to avoid confusion and additional data they don't need.

I don't know why I use nopad, I guess I extracted a few PNDs back then, packed them again and compared to the original and that's how most of them were built.

You are much more knowledgeable about this kind of stuff, so it probably makes sense to remove it now.

EDIT: Looking at the documentation/explanation of this option some more, it indeed seems risky to include it for very little gain. Although it should be allright for standard PNDs and as the past shows it apparently is. Still removing this option makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
  20. notaz

notaz Certified Guru

There is an old known problem where if you have a file inside of the .pnd (for example some config file) and the game tries to write to it, the write will fail with permission errors. To workaround it, people used to put the file in some folder inside of the .pnd and the run script would make a copy to proper location, then the game would be able to write to it.

If you set the permissions right, this workaround is not needed.

foxblock likes this.