Release Diablo

I actualy never played D1 besides the PC Demo multiplayer back then which we did in school. Demo only had 2 dungeon levels afaik but was quite fun. However I really dug into Diablo 2 so I missed D1 not much. D1 didn't even had a stash chest at all in town when I remember correctly. No clue how to manage the loot in this game. :-||"

Last edited by a moderator:
I actualy never played D1 besides the PC Demo multiplayer back then which we did in school. Demo only had 2 dungeon levels afaik but as quite fun. However I really dug into Diablo 2 so I missed D1 not much. D1 didn't even had a stash chest at all in town when I remember correctly. No clue how to manage the loot in this game. :-||"
you leave it on the ground in the city, the bigger stash you ever had the pleasure to have ;)

you leave it on the ground in the city, the bigger stash you ever had the pleasure to have ;)
you just might want to take a great care to collect all before quiting the game if, for some reasons, you play the multiplayer version... I don't know if this version support MP, but for some reason, we were playing the MP even in SP when I was young to be able to use our character during our weekly (small)lans...

I tried playing this morning, however it seems to more or less lock up the system (without starting).
Black screen or something else?
No, it is a little weird, nothing visually happens at all, sits on the desktop. Can single click other items on the desktop and they select, but if I try and launch (for example) the File System icon, the waiting watch icon comes up and nothing happens. With the latest OS update the behavior is still the same. I am using a new SD card (got a fresh one to play Diablo as my previous ones were full), not sure if that could have anything to do with it.

EDIT: I can also request the Pandora resets after attempting to launch, and the desktop closes, leaving just the background image, but it doesn't actually shutdown/reset, just sits there, again can still move the cursor around.

@Steven Craft , Any interesting errors in the the output from /tmp/pndrun_diablo.out file?

Thank you notaz, you are a god ! :p

I missed diablo I quite a lot, and now that it seem more stable a gave it a go and can now proudly say i have diablo I in my pocket ! XD. 

Im so happy that i get an excuse to play it again ! =D

I actualy never played D1 besides the PC Demo multiplayer back then which we did in school. Demo only had 2 dungeon levels afaik but as quite fun. However I really dug into Diablo 2 so I missed D1 not much. D1 didn't even had a stash chest at all in town when I remember correctly. No clue how to manage the loot in this game. :-||"
This works? And the Items do not vanish (in single player) after relogging? :-||"  Somehow I avoid to drop items at all costs in such games, they usualy vanish sooner or later, like socks in washing machines...

This works? And the Items do not vanish (in single player) after relogging? :-||"  Somehow I avoid to drop items at all costs in such games, they usualy vanish sooner or later, like socks in washing machines...
It works, at least in Single Player mode... also, now that I think of it, EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE is kept, even the status of every single levels, if in level 3 you left a monster alive and 2 daggers on the ground, them will be there when you load your game...

Anyway, there's a fixed point in the city where the portal will appear, so it is useful to drop everything near it.

Also, it is better to save before killing Diablo, because until it is alive you can "restart" your game with your leveled character, but if you kill it the progresses of your character are not saved because it's game over.

you just might want to take a great care to collect all before quiting the game if, for some reasons, you play the multiplayer version... I don't know if this version support MP, but for some reason, we were playing the MP even in SP when I was young to be able to use our character during our weekly (small)lans...
I never played in multiplayer, good to know

So what is the deal with proper full screen? When I try on my PC, it seems to work (that's on a wide screen monitor):

I had a bash at multiplayer, PC + Pandora, seemed to work (video processing now on YouTube):

http://youtu.be/1TlO2ShnIbM

In order to enable UDP on PC I used this patch, http://khanduras.net/repo/udp_diablo_v1-09-zip/and in order to get the PC visually looking right I used this guide: http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-misc-forums/diablo-legacy-forums/diablo-i-hellfire/70388-colors-for-diablo-are-messed-up

It looks like it's just anamorphic stretched, not a proper fullscreen to me (so basically, a "fat" hero fighting "fat" monsters)

yep, it's just distorded... I much prefer black bar than this...

@elwing this doesn't surprise me. Typically conversations about black bars vs stretched results in people in both camps. I think for me, I sit somewhere in the middle, some amount of stretch is fine, too much not so fine. Could be an option perhaps.

Yeah, I'd love some fatness. I'm also getting some of the XFCE desktop showing through on screen transitions (starting game etc).

D.

@elwing this doesn't surprise me. Typically conversations about black bars vs stretched results in people in both camps. I think for me, I sit somewhere in the middle, some amount of stretch is fine, too much not so fine. Could be an option perhaps.
The best thing would be non stretched widescreen of course. I wonder if the "camera" of the game can be adjusted to show more content left and right. So we would have a propper aspect ratio over the whole screen. I know from D2 it has such an Mod, not sure about D1.

Back