Countdown To Production Unit Showcase 7 Day(S)

Paradox said:
We have received confirmation of your Google payment and your order is confirmed. The expected release is this month.

Many thanks
Release this month, but that doesn't mean you'll get your's this month though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Na-Noo said:
By my math, IF MWeston gets the sample cases by Friday and says "GO", they could make the firs 10'000 next week, and ship them to be in Dallas by the 20th. The next week is assembly, and they start send out the first REALLY real Pandora on the 30th (with the sample boards in sample cases being real Pandoras, but not REALLY real Pandoras)
And that's guessing optimistically, so I doubt anyone will get theirs this month. Although first week of December is looking really nice. Who paid for express delivery? :D

Hahaha....
Yea, well we've seen our share of paper launches in the pc industry to know what to expect.
That's the sort of time frame I was hoping for also.
Can't remember how quickly they reckon they can produce them, so don't know how long the delay between the first REALLY REAL Pandora and the last in the batch will be though.

WizardStan said:
Na-Noo said:
By my math, IF MWeston gets the sample cases by Friday and says "GO", they could make the firs 10'000 next week, and ship them to be in Dallas by the 20th. The next week is assembly, and they start send out the first REALLY real Pandora on the 30th (with the sample boards in sample cases being real Pandoras, but not REALLY real Pandoras)
And that's guessing optimistically, so I doubt anyone will get theirs this month. Although first week of December is looking really nice. Who paid for express delivery? :D

They said that they can assemble 250-300 Pandoras by hand per day, so I doubt you'd need to give them a week for assembly. They'll hopefully have some fresh post-105 boards done by then, and they can just throw one in a case in 7 minutes and ship it out. Voila - shipping in November. They probably (hopefully...) wouldn't stop at just one though.

I'm used to rounding everything up and wishing for the best now. :)

Even at 250-300 a day production, your talking a few weeks between start and end of the batch. And if he only got his confirmation now I'm assuming he's pretty far down the queue :D (That's why I said they may ship this month but it doesn't mean he'll get his this month)

Vorporeal said:
They said that they can assemble 250-300 Pandoras by hand per day, so I doubt you'd need to give them a week for assembly. They'll hopefully have some fresh post-105 boards done by then, and they can just throw one in a case in 7 minutes and ship it out. Voila - shipping in November. They probably (hopefully...) wouldn't stop at just one though.
They also said it would be slow going for the first 800 or so while they worked out the process.
It is possible (in my scenario) that they could do 100-200 on Monday the 23rd and ship them out Tuesday to arrive by Friday, but it wouldn't be unexpected of them to wait until they have a larger stock, some 500 or so.

WizardStan said:
Vorporeal said:
They also said it would be slow going for the first 800 or so while they worked out the process.
It is possible (in my scenario) that they could do 100-200 on Monday the 23rd and ship them out Tuesday to arrive by Friday, but it wouldn't be unexpected of them to wait until they have a larger stock, some 500 or so.

I'm pretty sure the slow going for the first 800 was the population of the MP boards. I know that they were planning on doing the boards in batches of increasing size, to make sure that the mass-production scales up properly. I don't remember reading that assembly was going to start off slow then ramp up in speed, but I could be totally wrong. You'd think that, after doing 10-20 of them, you'd figure out a good, efficient method for assembly.

Also, Craig's recent statements indicate that they'll be shipping finished Pandoras out to customers ASAP, as they want to remove the vaporware label as soon as possible. Either way, things are looking good.

Removing the vapourware label was in regards to sending out some of the 105 to the press.

I think as long as some mass production units ship this month they'll consider it shipping, which is fine with me, how soon precisely and more importantly how long to process them all is what I'm interested in. It would be nice for every one to have it before middle of December.

A nice shipping date for the first units would be "before the N900 ships", because it's going to steal a whole lotta press and public attention. The last rumors I heard state it will ship by the end of the month.

That's true for the vaporware myth, which is really non-existent TBH- compared to other devices, even those that the press played with and previewed, the vaporware notion was feather handed.

As far as building it out and shipping, it looks promising. I do think Micheal already received and ok'd the samples; Either that, or is really confident in his estimates of when he would get them.

I think we are going to hear even less from them for a bit :) .

B-ZaR said:
A nice shipping date for the first units would be "before the N900 ships", because it's going to steal a whole lotta press and public attention. The last rumors I heard state it will ship by the end of the month.

I sure hope not, because Nokia told me, and others, that mine would be shipped on the 9th (of November).

Of course, I wouldn't complain if I could get my hands on a Pandora before then!

What order will they be shipped out in? Who paid first, or just whatever is most convenient?

They are supposed to be shipped in order of who paid first. I'm not sure if that changed at all. Are people in the US getting them first now since they are shipping from texas?

Was an estimate ever given for how long the mp boards would take? I remember the boards were suppose to be the bottleneck after the cases were ready. But that was before the case delays, I think.

Well, first of all, that wouldn't be very fair. I'm around #2900, according to Jaquelyn, and I don't think it would be genuinely fair if someone that is #290 in the UK got theirs after me. First come, first serve in my book.

MonkeyChops said:
They are supposed to be shipped in order of who paid first. I'm not sure if that changed at all. Are people in the US getting them first now since they are shipping from texas?

Was an estimate ever given for how long the mp boards would take? I remember the boards were suppose to be the bottleneck after the cases were ready. But that was before the case delays, I think.
People in America might have shorter shipping times but I would imagine the order in which the Pandoras are shipped will be in the same order as people ordered it.

yea I know what you mean about being fair but it seems logical to send large batches to the uk for distribution rather than going one by one. Not sure how "fair" they can be when they have to be redistributed from another location.

Wait a minute, Jaquelyn is telling people what number in the que they are now?

MrBlais said:
Well, first of all, that wouldn't be very fair. I'm around #2900, according to Jaquelyn, and I don't think it would be genuinely fair if someone that is #290 in the UK got theirs after me. First come, first serve in my book.

Wait, they told you what your (approximate) position in the queue was? Dang, and I just sent her an email for a legitimate reason (address change) and have so easily slipped in a query.

Back