Colorful week

@spud42 I know, but I use those only for forums or search-thingies or wikis etc not for articles. Otherwise I'd had the problem there. ;)

For me chosen touchscreen technology is wrong: a resistive touch system needs a layer in front of LCD, changing light and producing more mirroring and other effects (like grainy we have now).
All input technologies have their pros and cons. Resistive was chosen for its accuracy and pressure sensitive capabilities, two things it excels at over capacitive and IR grid. It may not have multi-touch but it does have dual-touch so you can do the standard pinch-zoom and rotate gestures, just not the more complex 3+ finger gestures.
And yeah, having to cover the screen is one of those cons, but with the right material it shouldn't be a problem.

Capacitive screens also have the touchscreens in front of the LCD, also causing mirroring and reflections.
The grain is only from a matted one, but a matted capacitive screen would have the same issues.

.... Resistive was chosen for its accuracy and pressure sensitive capabilities, two things it excels at over capacitive and IR grid. It may not have multi-touch but it does have dual-touch so you can do the standard pinch-zoom and rotate gestures...

Do you mean that Pyra will have mult-itouch (two fingers) and pressure level detection?

There is this X in the tab that will close the Tab you're not using
The nightmare option: "close all tabs to the right"
I like pocket plugin. rightclick, "save to pocket.". Searchable with filter. easy.

Cklnyg6W0AEbM4l.jpg

Yummy tweet ED :)

Yummy tweet ED :)
Yupp, nice Box, However, I prefer the smaller one with the battery beneath the Pyra so the Box-shape represents more the shape of the device. AND the box surely would look better in black. "Smooth" silk-like black if possible.
Color of the Pyra itself also looks decent but better wait for more detailled and lit pictures.

CklnAKVXAAAsvLh.jpg

Last edited:
I will probably end up keeping the box instead of throwing it out. I like the smaller box because it will take up less space. It seems less wasteful, and may be cheaper or easier to ship, too.

I would like to see all the cases, but in the twitter pics it seems the logo plate is tolerable. I would like to know if it will be left like that or colored, and see how it will look on different colored cases. LEDs on might also help with deciding what it looks best with.
[doublepost=1465572830,1465572536][/doublepost]
"Smooth" silk-like black if possible.
Color of the Pyra itself also looks decent but better wait for more detailled and lit pictures.
As long as the silky smooth isn't too glossy it might be ok. The plastic looks a bit shiny in the pics (some is expected, but I didn't expect that much). I would rather get a teaser pic of them all in a pile on a table/floor in a poorly lit picture than wait for a few more days for the "good" pictures to see them all.

Is it just the new box, or is the Pyra included also one of the new collored??

I would prefer the smaler box, but its nothing i realy need:
My Pandora came in a UPS Cardboardbox, in it Carry Case, and when i got it back frome evildragon because wifi issue and case swap, it was in the offizial Pandora Cardboard box which was nice

I tend to wonder if that smaller box actually has enough room for not just the battery but a charger as well.

-Neelix
Before I typed my response I wanted to say that. I guess I got distracted. It was supposed to go along with my preference for saving space. I think I remember seeing pictures of the charger and I don't know if the small box is deep enough with everything stacked, or if there is enough room along the edges.

Probably not with a ginormous earthed UK plug on the charger.

uk-ecigarette-ac-usb-charger.png

Note: That's not a Pyra charger, just a random image I found on t'internet. There are also more slimline UK adaptors in existence, but that style's still not uncommon.

In the UK many mobile phones now come either with just a USB cabe or one of those plugs that folds down, to make them iddy biddy and easily lost down the back of the sofa

Like this, but even smaller -

41RxB8MEeWL._SX342_.jpg

That ms/nokia type with the click out earth pin is the smallest I've seen yet. I would personally be okay with just a USB cable, but only because I already own a mains to USB adaptor or two, but others may vary.

I've got quite a few mains adapters, so just a USB cable would be fine. I also have USB wall sockets all over my house. However, many probably don't! :p

I've got quite a few mains adapters, so just a USB cable would be fine. I also have USB wall sockets all over my house. However, many probably don't! :p
How's "Guru Logic Champs" for Pyra (and Pandora) progressing? ^^
I miss it since I sold my Caanoo. :(
It would be a nice Pyra release title, at least for me.

Back