Release Classic Apogee Games (Full Versions)

gog don't seem to care about linux at all.... but if they have anything that can be emulated or have the data pulled from it - Might make sense

I meant the gameplay and presentation, who cares about the installer being original. For instance ultima 7/8 could be run with exult or pentagram open source engines, which can enhance the experience. And while you might find mention of the engines on the boards the game officailly is run in dosbox.

They intend to sell the game as it would have appeared.

But i think this aspect is trumped by the legal considerations.
Some people might, as removing the setup binary can be problematic if you want to use the games outside GoGs intended environment (like someone having a dedicated Retro PC) - but the majority simply does not care.

I think they use dosBox / SCUMMVM instead of dedicated engine reimplementations to minimize support cost/time.

@ED: Good luck with your effort, please keep us posted about any (positive or negative) developments

And here is the next one:

wacky_1.png

Wacky Wheels

Enjoy :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent :) :)

BTW I can confirm that it works also on a CC (ergo not only 1 GHz-Pandora) with 800 Mhz (low details setting) very smooth, just the music stutters for a second when the race is about to start :) have been playing it like this for months on DosBox.

Surely the counter is off on the repo store.I would like to think more than 2 other people apart from myself have downloaded Wacky Wheels

Anyways keep them coming and I will keep buying :)

Well In my case I bought it, just haven't downloaded it yet.. need to get home.

I bought it and CAN'T download it ...yet? Not sure, from the PayPal page I got transferred back, and landed on a "app does not exist" page. Payment worked fine, also got the receipt by mail, but I have no option to download. Guess something went wrong between PayPal and being transferred back to the Repo.

Help? :(

I bought it and CAN'T download it ...yet? Not sure, from the PayPal page I got transferred back, and landed on a "app does not exist" page. Payment worked fine, also got the receipt by mail, but I have no option to download. Guess something went wrong between PayPal and being transferred back to the Repo.

Help? :(
Go back to the page, it will be available to download... This seems to be a bug every time I purchase something commercially, it doesn't route back to the app's page properly, but all the processing actually worked.

Hi,

Bought Wacky Wheels some minutes ago. But it isn't shown in my download section :( Other payments and downloads before are working fine.

Cu,
Farlowella

hmmm ... ok, I managed to be redirected from the "Thank you for your order" to the WackyWheels page, but I still don't have a download button :mellow:

EDIT: Ah, so I'm not alone. I guess ED will read this, fix it and everything will be ok ^_^

EDIT2: After reloading the page I finally got my Donwload-Button. YAY! Downloading right now!

hmm no idea why it doesnt redirect back to the app page any more... another thing to look at when I get the chance.

apart from that if you refresh the apps page it should work.

In line with Dragonbox's beautifully honest prices, wouldn't it be nice if some of these were one penny more expensive?

(that also applies to the TV-out cables)

Back