Release BGS, The Backup Saved Games Tool, is out!

although nobody seems to be interested anymore, im kinda done.

i merged my dev branch into master and i'm quite happy with it.

it's fully functional, does backup, restore and google drive without issues now.

to spare you from any git hassle i attached the .pnd version.

v0.2.5.0(1) (Aug 2014):

added google drive support
changed the gui design
introduced a backup logging file (bgs.log)
backups on a per game/emulator basis
restore functionality

creating backups of individual games is really cool, imho.

saves lots of space/traffic and gives you more control.

some advice about the restore function:

technically it can extract just about any .tar.bz2 file and it does so into / (the path of root that is)

depending on the contents of the archive you throw at it this might hurt your system.

so please only restore bgs made backups with this!

please test the .pnd and let me know if you like it.

bgs_0.2.5.0.pnd

Attachments

• bgs_0.2.5.0.pnd
    599.3 KB · Views: 187
I know this is a really old application by now, and I tried it a long time ago, and I seemed to get it to work fine, but I thought I should point out that lately, it hasn't been working AT ALL. It boots up occasionally, but it never goes past the first screen. As soon as I hit "OK", it boots out and stops the process. My theory was that it was because my SD Cards were renamed from the default, so I put them into my Windows computer and got rid of their names. That didn't solve it. I think that it might be because I have an SDXC card in the left slot. (A 128GB to be exact.) Which is unfortunate if that is the problem, because that's the one that all of my saves are stored on!

Anyways, has anyone else been having this problem, and if so, has anyone found a solution?

I know this is a really old application by now, and I tried it a long time ago, and I seemed to get it to work fine, but I thought I should point out that lately, it hasn't been working AT ALL. It boots up occasionally, but it never goes past the first screen. As soon as I hit "OK", it boots out and stops the process. My theory was that it was because my SD Cards were renamed from the default, so I put them into my Windows computer and got rid of their names. That didn't solve it. I think that it might be because I have an SDXC card in the left slot. (A 128GB to be exact.) Which is unfortunate if that is the problem, because that's the one that all of my saves are stored on!

Anyways, has anyone else been having this problem, and if so, has anyone found a solution?

You should use the fork of this application by Kickass - I believe it is still working. Pandora Safe Box it is called, I believe.
[doublepost=1459953384,1459953164][/doublepost]
My theory was that it was because my SD Cards were renamed from the default, so I put them into my Windows computer and got rid of their names

I just checked now and I know what's causig the application to crash. I will fix it at some point but I dont have time right now.

Back