Commander Keen

Duckbite

Still Fresh
Imagine playing your favorite oldskool pc games on the gp2x...

Commander Keen
Cosmo's Cosmic Adventure
Wolvenstein 3d
Spear of Destiny
Descent
Raptor
Monster Bash

Ohh my alltime favorites.... would it be possible to port them or emulate them?

Not to forget Whacky Wheels!

To port you need the source code. Of those, we only have the source available for two (Wolfenstein and Descent). To get the others on to the GP2X would require a remake, ie. someone writing a copy of the game from scratch.

MESS has MSDOS compatibility and I believe someone is doing a port of it.

And I believe someone is working on a port of open source Descent to the gp2x as soon as they get their handheld.

MESS has MSDOS compatibility and I believe someone is doing a port of it.

And I believe someone is working on a port of open source Descent to the gp2x as soon as they get their handheld.

MESS has Sega Saturn compatibility, too, but that doesn't mean we're going to see that running on the GP2X any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well in his latest WIP post he said he got a CGA MSDOS program to boot up so he must be having some success!

I thought Spear of Destiny was just a Wolfenstein 3D expansion? So wolf 3D, spear, and Descent would at least be possible. And there have been plenty of hombrew commander keen lookalikes that you should be able to find out there. I always check www.happypenguin.org for any sdl based linux games that seem like easy/possible ports.

and now it is possible to play Keen already! :) this really is a great community...
Thanks again.... and again....

Back