Release Classic Apogee Games (Full Versions)

We could put up a survey on what games would be released next.

i'd love to see a list of games that will be released in future, just so i can plan my finances ;) as there are so many good apogee games. Dont really mind what order they get released in, i can wait.

It's very good to see some more commercial games added on our repo.   :)

Are these games actually legit? One of my good friends works at Apogee, and he says there have been no licenses given out for these games, and the only handhelds that are even authorized to have a Duke Nukem II port are iOS based, which they have their own in-house developed port for.

Are these games actually legit? One of my good friends works at Apogee, and he says there have been no licenses given out for these games, and the only handhelds that are even authorized to have a Duke Nukem II port are iOS based, which they have their own in-house developed port for.
In theory yes, that's the point...

Yes, they are. He might not know all of the contracts that have been made, but Justin (from GCW) licensed them.

In theory yes, that's the point...
What theory? Are these games properly licensed, or are they in fact pirated? Because last time I checked, it's piracy to sell a game you do not have a license for, and from what I understand you guys don't have the licenses for them.

Yes, they are. He might not know all of the contracts that have been made, but Justin (from GCW) licensed them.
The thing is, my friend at Apogee is the dude who handles the licenses, and if he hasn't heard of these being licensed to you guys, then that kinda casts a shadow over the whole thing.

There even was an approval procedure for the Pandora versions, where ED had to provide a video to 3D Realms, where he showed how it works.

Isn't Apogee != 3D Realms ?

They are Licenced Justin Barwick, who is a part of this and the GCW community.

Edit: Specifically if you check the Licenses bundled with the games it says it's Licensed by Game Consoles Worldwide(GCW) LLC  which if you check the link the company info says it's ran by Justin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, sorry for all that then, i just didn;t want you guys to get sued or anything. The Pandora is freakin amazing, and I want this community to go on forever <3

As far as I remember, it's a bit of an experiment of 3DRealms with Justin - the expected sales will probably be low compared to other platforms, but they wanted to see how well such things work anyways.

So it might be he made the deal not via the original licenses contact but directly via the CEOs.

The fact that the deal was made with 3DRealms also explains why my friend at Apogee didn't know about it, completely separate companies.

Back