Cancelled

I would gladly help you guys and pay in advance so you can get thing going! oh wait.... i already am :p

Proud Sponsor of the OpenPandora Project.

I will give a little donation when i get my pandora. Sadly i can not go premium. I have not had any income for the last 5 months, so i am a little low on cash.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's still all about money, sadly. If we had some billionaire who wouldn't care about borrowing us half a million, then we could easily start the production of the next 4000 units right away. Once they are sold, that half a million could've been easily paid back.

As we probably won't find such billionaire who'd help us, we need to be very careful.

Right now, we're planning to do smaller batches ofr Batch 2 so we won't need that much money upfront. Not possible with all parts, some need to be bought in higher amounts, but possible with some.

The big issue is that all parts need to be paid upfront. Once paid, they take up to 15 weeks until you get them.

If we could pay the parts AFTER the production, it would be easy - we've got enough people still asking to buy Pandoras.
What about a bank loan? cant Craigix and Co. go to a bank and request a business loan for the project?

What about a bank loan? cant Craigix and Co. go to a bank and request a business loan for the project?

Only Craig can do it, as he got all the contracts with the companies. I talked with my bank here but without a business plan and proper contracts with the involved companies you can show them, they won't do it.

Also, they need some insurance as well, don't know what Craig can offer them and how it exactly works in the UK.

Banks have become very careful since the financial crisis.

Not to forget they probably want a high amount of interest as well :/

Well, as said, no need here as long as CC keeps producing the remaining boards in a timely manner, then Batch 2 will be there and we'll have all preorders delivered.

I'll keep you informed about anything I hear back from them.

I personally don't worry so much about the project failing any more. Even if the worst comes to the worst and OpenPandora can't afford to keep going, there are plenty of companies that would be willing to buy them out by paying off all their debts and giving the devs a little extra for themselves.

With the more powerful processor upgrade that can be put in and the overall usefulness of being able to code directly on the Pandora itself, it would still be a damn good buy for a company like Google. All the hard work has already been done for them.

This is probably the reason why I worry more about the community these days.

Just a suggestion to Craig and Co. - If a couple of your workers have some spare time whilst waiting for the new boards, how about they get rid of some of the annoying niggles that new owners seem to have. e.g make sure that the stylus and buttons have had all the extra plastic rubbed off etc.

So if what ED says is true, are the cancellations not being quickly replaced with new orders anymore? Then if I were Craig I'd think really carefully next time before I call someone waiting on an order a troll...

I'm starting to not like coming here. :(
My solution to this problem since some months : be very picky on the thread I'm reading here. Especially within the General section and support.

I wouldnt have open this thread if Exophase didnt posted in (missed notaz post ;P) and I'm now regreting my choice :(

My solution to this problem since some months : be very picky on the thread I'm reading here. Especially within the General section and support.
I wouldnt have open this thread if Exophase didnt posted in (missed notaz post ;P) and I'm now regreting my choice :(

Apologies, I'll try to post in better threads and make better posts myself ;) Hopefully the days of me not having anything new and useful to report on will be ending soon, cough cough hint hint :/

So if what ED says is true, are the cancellations not being quickly replaced with new orders anymore? Then if I were Craig I'd think really carefully next time before I call someone waiting on an order a troll...

He has a point, Craig. As the figurehead of the Pandora, your words carry more weight than even the developers. Whether or not he was trollin', you probably shouldn't incite any more anger than already exists. Point and case would be 3jane's response to my comment about "here comes the Premium argument all over again." I wasn't specifically talking to him, however you can see just how on edge he is and what his reaction was to a couple sentences. And my words don't carry near the significance that yours do.

I can't pretend to know what it has been like to be you since September 30th, 2008 - quite frankly, I'd not care to know. I'm sure that because you've spent nearly every day of your life on this project since it's inception that it is very easy to be sensitive to some of the vitriolic comments that get made here, but for the health of your own project, it would probably be wise in most cases to keep personal opinions to yourself and let others do the talking.

To EvilDragon: Thank you once again, kind sir. The whole community appreciates you sharing whatever information you may have. I'm sorry that you sometimes get crucified when you've shared information with us that may turn out (unbeknownst to you) to be incorrect later down the line.

To our developers: You guys are the only reason that this project still has so much potential, even after all of the delays. Yes, there has been a lot of negativity on these boards, but please do not let that deter you from doing that voodoo that you do so well. Hopefully the negativity is only the result of nearly 3 years of waiting. I appreciate all that you contribute and am in your debt.

I'll call whoever I like a troll if I think they are trolling. I'm not interesting in having 'anyone I can get' as a customer, I'm far more discerning that that.

And we have more orders than we can deal with, there seems to be forever a thread where someone is saying they are trying to upgrade but are not getting an answer - it's because although we currently work 7 days a week we cannot answer all the emails we get within 24 hours.

Then maybe people who canceled because Craig called them a troll should reorder through ED, since it sounds like he actually needs the orders..

I'll call whoever I like a troll if I think they are trolling. I'm not interesting in having 'anyone I can get' as a customer, I'm far more discerning that that.

And we have more orders than we can deal with, there seems to be forever a thread where someone is saying they are trying to upgrade but are not getting an answer - it's because although we currently work 7 days a week we cannot answer all the emails we get within 24 hours.

TRUST US.

Nobody is debating how busy you and your team have been. Obviously there has been a higher demand for the units than the supply can meet, however the physical unit is not the only thing that drives your business.

If you alienate your supporters - especially your developers - then what customers will you have to be discerning about?

That's my only point.

Nobody is debating how busy you and your team have been. Obviously there has been a higher demand for the units than the supply can meet, however the physical unit is not the only thing that drives your business.

If you alienate your supporters - especially your developers - then what customers will you have to be discerning about?

That's my only point.
+1

Sorry to have an opinion, but I have removed this post as it has started to get the inner circle, case in point type replies, as below.

Have something to say, say it, I know I am not liked here because I do not suck up. Well You have all done your best to get me off these forums and you have all won. Proud of yourselves no doubt, snobbery in gadget land is just crap.

I have been on and am on many many forums over a wide range of hobbies and past times, and the attitude of people here is just unbelievable. Dont like what you say so you get called a troll, don't like your opinions your troll, people on these forums have really really brought out the worst in me.

If your troll have posts banned pictures removed etc etc etc, then your made MOD,

There now you real good reason to lambast me as a troll

You've been no angel yourself , I wouldn't call you a troll and people can be jerks to new users here. I had a right jerk have a go on me at the ICP forum once! but you have a lot to learn about forum etiquette and you've admitted as much yourself that you post before thinking.

TRUST US.

You've been no angel yourself , I wouldn't call you a troll and people can be jerks to new users here. I had a right jerk have a go on me at the ICP forum once! but you have a lot to learn about forum etiquette and you've admitted as much yourself that you post before thinking.

Hi

I removed that post......

The forums have got a little silly over the last few days - Craig is obviously stressed so give him a break.

If I thought it would help I would visit CC but really they need competition from another board company to motivate them to finish the job a hell of alot quicker!

I now need to think about which Android phone to get for emulation as I am now resigned to the fact that my Pandora may be a Christmas present now rather than an Easter present (yes I know Easter has gone).

Any suggestions based on actual experience?

I think Craig is going to call people he considers trolls to be trolls regardless of what his mood or stress level is at.

Then maybe people who canceled because Craig called them a troll should reorder through ED, since it sounds like he actually needs the orders..
Yeah but, wasn't it though the shop you order from depended on your location? I know my order is from craig's shop because im in the US. Thats how I remembered it, unless thats change.

Back