Cancelled

Whelp I just got my refund... instead of starting another goodbye thread, I think I'll just jump off here.

I want to leave you with a definition, followed by a thought:

troll: One who deliberately posts incendiary messages to a forum with the intention of causing maximum disruption. Somebody who seeks to cause conflict "for the lulz".

I can assure you such was not my intention. It seems that a culture of simply dismissing anybody who holds a contrary position to your own as a troll (or worse) has become pervasive around here. This is a Bad Thing. How can you have a "open" community without the exchange of ideas? In the immortal words of Dizzee Rascal, "fix up, look sharp!"

I wish you all the best, I am sure in many ways I will never forget my OpenPandora experience.

3jane signing out.

@3jane - All the best to you. It really will be a shame not to see you posting anymore - it's never good to lose a reasonable and sensible poster. Take care of yourself, and I do hope that we'll see you again someday.

Hey man, 3Jane, too bad about all that bad talk and name calling junk. That disturbed me too but, I guess everyone is stress around here so I will just leave it at that. Like others say, take care.

Whelp I just got my refund... instead of starting another goodbye thread, I think I'll just jump off here.

I want to leave you with a definition, followed by a thought:

troll: One who deliberately posts incendiary messages to a forum with the intention of causing maximum disruption. Somebody who seeks to cause conflict "for the lulz".

I can assure you such was not my intention. It seems that a culture of simply dismissing anybody who holds a contrary position to your own as a troll (or worse) has become pervasive around here. This is a Bad Thing. How can you have a "open" community without the exchange of ideas? In the immortal words of Dizzee Rascal, "fix up, look sharp!"

I wish you all the best, I am sure in many ways I will never forget my OpenPandora experience.

3jane signing out.

Sorry to see you go, I would have said "Illegitimi non carborundum" if I knew you were about to ragecancel but too late now!

Hopefully you'll regret it and get one at a later point, for me you were on of the posters that pulled the average upwards on this forum. :)

Interesting thread this one.

I myself am still waiting on a Pandora though i have not been waiting as long as some (a bit over 12 months now).

For myself i decided that i would purchase a Pandora because it ticked all the boxes for a device i was looking for.

Coming from a small business background i can completely understand the OPT's dramas and also understand the customer frustration.

Pessimism is my option of choice at the moment, if the panda rocks up it is a bonus but until then i figure i could have wasted said money on lots of other useless crap rather than throw some support behind a great idea.

I bought everything available on my initial purchase (including the dev fund donation) but i can not afford to throw more money at this stage.

So i continue to keep it in the back of my mind for now, though it is getting more and more difficult as the anticipation starts eating away.

I have to tell you this delay in getting a refund..even through Paypal which should take minutes.. is killing me..

I am to a point where I may have to beg or borrow... Thanks OPT...

I think OPT is screwing with me big time.. as they know I need the funds desperately....

1 response in 8 days and no refund even though I requested paypal 3 days ago... I check my emails and account everyday... What am I suppose to do...

Note to everyone if you are thinking about cancelling and getting your money back... plan ahead so you are not in a situation like me...

If I knew I would have cancelled earlier..

Last edited by a moderator:
I think OPT is screwing with me big time..

Please snap out of it.

OPT is not a major corporation with so much time on their hands that they screw with customers who try to cancel. They are a struggling team of overall goodhearted people with day jobs. They know they would only stand to lose from "screwing" with customers, whatever benefit you think that might somehow provide.

They are not a corporation. Customer needs/demands therefore take more time.

Wake up.

Really, if I upgraded my Pandora order, I would have received it in less time..

Yet it is taking longer to get refund electronically .

May be not, I probably didn't mean it as it came out.. but that's how I am feeling..

Last edited by a moderator:

Any prove for that? The only thing I've seen is that quite a few people at the boards here also mentioned somewhere they asked for an upgrade and were waiting for a reply for a few weeks.

I know my customers sometimes had to wait for 3 - 4 weeks before I found the time to reply.

This is no big scheme to not refund you your money, eMail response usually is pretty slow since we're really swamped with work and mails.

I think what is exasperating him was the fact that 3jane decided to refund after Cyberbug had already said he requested his, and 3jane already mentioned receiving his refund. SO I would suggest Cyberbug either phone OPT or try a different email if his are not getting through.

Cyberbug, as a person who thought he was going to be forced to get a refund a couple of weeks ago, due to an unforeseen situation, I can understand the stress when you are trying to get the money quickly. But since everyone who has requested it has always gotten the refund, we need to calm down and logically try to ascertain why things are not working for you. This has happened before and has always managed to be resolved. It's usually something as silly as email being sent to spam, or someones ISP being flaky about sending emails.

I would try another email account and give it a couple of days, even when people said it was taking a long time I don't think I ever had it take more than 3 days for Jackie to respond, well maybe once it might have been 5 days. But she has always responded, so there must be an email issue (one reason I hate email).

Any prove for that? The only thing I've seen is that quite a few people at the boards here also mentioned somewhere they asked for an upgrade and were waiting for a reply for a few weeks.

I know my customers sometimes had to wait for 3 - 4 weeks before I found the time to reply.

This is no big scheme to not refund you your money, eMail response usually is pretty slow since we're really swamped with work and mails.

This from the Pandora website

"The cost for a Pandora that is shipped to you within the next 7 business days is 500 USD (without VAT) or approx. 440 EUR (including VAT)."

Or is it false advertisement?

And this from Jacquelyn's email in April

"We are offering the option to upgrade to a Premium Pandora - despatch within 7 working days of receipt of payment. The additional cost would be

$170 (£105.50)."

so you tell me?

And I was getting a response every 24hrs.

I sent a request on 6/8/11, got first response on 6/14/11 asking if I wanted a check or paypal, I figure paypal I would have it in 24hrs. I responded back and no response or refund yet.

I guess I am in a bind so I am reacting this way, considering the amount of time I have been waiting since March 2009.

either way you look at it, responding to an email or refunding through paypal should not take 3 or 7 days..

I guess its my problem that I need the money and not OPTs since they have my money.

Another weekend goes by. I'll have to borrow and pay back WHEN I get it from OPT... thanks a lot.. :(

I think what is exasperating him was the fact that 3jane decided to refund after Cyberbug had already said he requested his, and 3jane already mentioned receiving his refund. SO I would suggest Cyberbug either phone OPT or try a different email if his are not getting through.

Cyberbug, as a person who thought he was going to be forced to get a refund a couple of weeks ago, due to an unforeseen situation, I can understand the stress when you are trying to get the money quickly. But since everyone who has requested it has always gotten the refund, we need to calm down and logically try to ascertain why things are not working for you. This has happened before and has always managed to be resolved. It's usually something as silly as email being sent to spam, or someones ISP being flaky about sending emails.

I would try another email account and give it a couple of days, even when people said it was taking a long time I don't think I ever had it take more than 3 days for Jackie to respond, well maybe once it might have been 5 days. But she has always responded, so there must be an email issue (one reason I hate email).

3jane requested his on 10th, and got it on 16th.

Any he was not in a bind and I am

I get 200-300 emails a day for work and personal and go through them every day.

so you can't really tell me it takes 7 days.

any way I have no choice but to wait and complain :blink:

Whilst I fully understand the frustration of people, and the delays in reply, and the overwork, and the email swamping and everything...

...if a bewildered customer says something like "If I upgraded instead of asked for a refund I would have had it before now" I don't know that "Ha! Wrong! You wouldn't even have had THAT!" is entirely the sort of argument-winning point one wants to make. :D

Back