Beta [Beta] Minecraft launcher

I'll have a better look at it this evening, just making sure there wasn't any immediately glaring mistake I was making on my side first!

Ok, found why openal was not found in previous build.

It's inside lwgl: look how it look for openal lib (AL.java extarct)

Code:
String libname;
String[] library_names;
switch (LWJGLUtil.getPlatform()) {
  case LWJGLUtil.PLATFORM_WINDOWS:
    libname = "OpenAL32";
    library_names = new String[]{"OpenAL64.dll", "OpenAL32.dll"};
    break;
  case LWJGLUtil.PLATFORM_LINUX:
    libname = "openal";
    library_names = new String[]{"libopenal64.so", "libopenal.so", "libopenal.so.0"};
    break;
  case LWJGLUtil.PLATFORM_MACOSX:
    libname = "openal";
    library_names = new String[]{"openal.dylib"};
    break;
  default:
    throw new LWJGLException("Unknown platform: " + LWJGLUtil.getPlatform());
  }
  String[] oalPaths = LWJGLUtil.getLibraryPaths(libname, library_names, AL.class.getClassLoader());
  LWJGLUtil.log("Found " + oalPaths.length + " OpenAL paths");
  for ( String oalPath : oalPaths ) {
    try {
      nCreate(oalPath);
      created = true;
      init(deviceArguments, contextFrequency, contextRefresh, contextSynchronized, openDevice);
      break;
    } catch (LWJGLException e) {
      LWJGLUtil.log("Failed to load " + oalPath + ": " + e.getMessage());
    }
  }
  if (!created && LWJGLUtil.getPlatform() == LWJGLUtil.PLATFORM_MACOSX) {
  // Try to load OpenAL from the framework instead
  nCreateDefault();
  created = true;
  init(deviceArguments, contextFrequency, contextRefresh, contextSynchronized, openDevice);
}
if (!created)
  throw new LWJGLException("Could not locate OpenAL library.");

As you see, it look for libopenal.so or libopenal.so.0

But in fact, OpenAL-Soft create a libopenal.so.1 only...

I fixed that by renanming the libopenal.so.1 to libopenal.so in the pnd... I'll fix lwjg later...

Last edited by a moderator:
And I found what was wrong with the lighning. That was more tricky.

Let me explain what I understood (keep in mind I don't have access to minecraft sources, I can only deduce things from traces I put in glshim mainly).

The light in minecraft seems to be handled by a Lightmap (so a texture), and the light is applied with some multitexture (only case of multitexture use in fact). It always use GL_TEXTURE1 for the light texture.

The Blocks from the Land and the Mob/Yourself are drawn in a different way.

The Landscape is draw using some glDrawArrays inside glList. The issue I have was that the LightMap coordinates was send using glTexCoordPointer(GL_SHORT...) instead of GL_FLOAT like always. I was trying to normalize the GL_SHORT (meaning value/32767), but it seems it was a bad idea (because the Texture Matrix was setup for non-normalized value of course), so I just send the data as-is (just converted to GL_FLOAT), and the World had light.

But not the Mob or yourself (or your weapon).

That was more tricky.

Here, it's also drawn using a glDrawArray, but this time, no glTexCoordPointer of GL_TEXTURE1. So how was the texture supposed to be send? In fact it use a single glMultiTexCoord2f(GL_TEXTURE1, ...) before setting up the Pointers for the glDrawArrays, defining a single Texel in the Lihgtmap for the Lightning...  Interesting trick, that was not handled.

So now, lighting is working fully :)

I have uploaded the new package at the same place, you can upgrade and report.

(Note: I know there are still a few other graphics artefacts left, like the menu screen, or the enchanted items that may look weird, but that's enough for now)

minecraft5.png

I think I can get somewhere between 900-940mhz stable, not sure what atm.  I want to show someone that it is possible, and to try to sell them on getting a Pyra, since it will likely be more capable.  Maybe I will give it a shot next week while I am trying to figure out MAME.

I think I can get somewhere between 900-940mhz stable, not sure what atm.  I want to show someone that it is possible, and to try to sell them on getting a Pyra, since it will likely be more capable.  Maybe I will give it a shot next week while I am trying to figure out MAME.
Yeah. Take Blender, Cannonball, Wesnoth, Residual and Microbes at least to show what the Pandora can do.

Also, Not Tetris or MiniSlug are also good eyes catcher (and some Jedi Knight or Oolite if you are a good player).

Yeah. Take Blender, Cannonball, Wesnoth, Residual and Microbes at least to show what the Pandora can do.

Also, Not Tetris or MiniSlug are also good eyes catcher (and some Jedi Knight or Oolite if you are a good player).
I am not good at oolite, but I can still show it off.  I have shown this person Not Tetris and other stuff.  Really the only thing are interested in that isn't console based is Minecraft.  I don't know how they will feel about emus for Nintendo stuff, which seems to be the only thing of interest, but they have access to all those consoles.

Maybe I should just let them play with my Pandora, and let the hardware and software speak for themselves.  That is far easier to say than do, since they are somewhat careless at times. 

I have a rather foolish question:  Can this be used on a CC?
I have not tested it by myself but I guess with low graphic settings, low render distance and especialy with some Optifine tweaks (not sure if optifine works) it should be at least playable.

Quake 3 and all the "3D stuff" are good for impressing people too. Also emulation of course but yes, Minecraft, especialy the big PC version should do that job pretty efficient. :D

I have a rather foolish question:  Can this be used on a CC?
I have not tested it by myself but I guess with low graphic settings, low render distance and especialy with some Optifine tweaks (not sure if optifine works) it should be at least playable.

Quake 3 and all the "3D stuff" are good for impressing people too. Also emulation of course but yes, Minecraft, especialy the big PC version should do that job pretty efficient. :D
Thanks for the advice.  I guess I need to learn a bit more about Minecraft, and get everything working "smoothly" before presenting it.

I agree about Quake 3 and the like for most people.  Those things are great for me, but this person isn't impressed by those games or being able to play them on the go with a full keyboard, as well as all the other stuff that is so impressive about the Pandora/Pyra.  Maybe I feel differently because these games were/are a big deal for me.  Perhaps these devices aren't a good match for the person I have in mind, but many of the features are things I have heard them say they wanted in the past.  Maybe they don't want them all together like we do.

Thanks for the suggestions, I will give them a shot.  Now we can let this thread get back to the Minecraft launcher.

I honestly doubt it would even run. MAYBE you'd get about 1 or 2 FPS if you have Optifine.

The only problem I have left is sometimes graphics don't update until I look around or move around a bit. Like when I close a door, it still looks open, but I can't walk through it, but then if I look around, or move around a bit, it updates. It also seems to after a few seconds, even if I do nothing.

I think this is repo ready, to be honest. That issue I mentioned isn't that bad. The game is CERTAINLY playable, IF you put Optifine on it.

You need to run the optifine.jar file and it'll install it to the mine craft folder.. I am not entirely sure how that'll work given the paths have changed.

Can you include the optifile? Askarus can you test how well it works (fps wise) with a Ghz Pandora with maximum overclock?

For the optifine, I used some tuto found on internet consisting in openning the optifine jar, and mixing the content with the minecraft base version, plus some slight adjustment of the json description file.

I will not include optifine in the PND anyway, because each version of minecraft need is own version of optifine...

Back