Release Assembled Pandora Video

very nice. looks pretty much they way i imagined it would, ds-phat-sized.

HELLZ YEAH!!!!!! For those of us that have been with this since it was a forum topic (the Craiginator days and so on...) - this feels so awesome.

I think this will help a lot of the re-orders finally go through. I know I've been holding back (sorry to the die-hards) - but I think I'll send in my payment now.

Rock on!

well i am now glad i didnt go to bed early tonight, i think this has just made my month, i would say year but i have a very good feeling that actually getting a finished one of those bad boys in my hands will cover that mile stone for me.
It looks so much smaller than i thought, and has covered any nagging little doubts i had about the practicality of design. Loving the battery cover, thats going to make those long haul flights a pure dream, think i might actually book a nice holiday just for the flight to get some good time to myself to enjoy this little wonder when i get it :D

Brilliant work guys, next for a working show of her :D

+1,000,000 to the OP team. Awesome! :)

gibberish said:
its a lot thicker than id imagined...
That's a plus in my book. It'll be much more comfortable to hold while playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I think when we all see the Pandora working and being played with emulators and stuff this forum is going to go ape shit.

I'm trying to see which is better for me, a check in the mail or MO. I am heavily leaning towards MO and just using FedEx or UPS with insurance and signature confirmation.

Also, I am listening to Matchbox 20 - How far we've come

Chip said:
pawprints said:
MWeston (or anyone), can the screen go back so the screen and keyboard are aligned so the device is flat like a DS can go.
Yes. We're using the exact same hinge as in the DS.

Well it is not the *exact* DS hinge part as Nintendo won't let let anyone use it.

It opens relatively flat but not a complete 180° it is close though more like 170°

DaveC said:
It opens relatively flat but not a complete 180° it is close though more like 170°
Ever since I thought I heard about the hinge opening all the way to 180°, I thought that was a tad unrealistic considering the ports on the back.

I like this better, though, because it means I won't have to fight to keep the screen up while I'm using it, but it's still tilted far back enough to be near-flat.

Thanks a million for the video. I really enjoyed it. :D

DaveC said:
Well it is not the *exact* DS hinge part as Nintendo won't let let anyone use it.
I was told today that it is the exact same part. Detents and all.

Chip said:
DaveC said:
I was told today that it is the exact same part. Detents and all.

Looks very different to me.
Check around 9 min into this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dHtv9DA94g
Has a plastic clamshell on the hinge, which is a separate part, and two plastic ears for the hinges on either end.

Very nice, indeed :)

It seems, that the nub holes are a little too tight on the FDM. The small gap between the top and bottom part seems to be the distance the nubs sit too far in the case. The keymat looking too flush with the case seems to be caused by that, too. That might also be the reason for the tape around the case. Confirmation anyone? :)

mali said:
Very nice, indeed :)

It seems, that the nub holes are a little too tight on the FDM. The small gap between the top and bottom part seems to be the distance the nubs sit too far in the case. The keymat looking too flush with the case seems to be caused by that, too. That might also be the reason for the tape around the case. Confirmation anyone? :)
According to the video, the reason there's tape is because he hasn't finished connecting everything inside the case, so it's taped together because he hasn't screwed it shut yet.

The PCB he used is unpopulated, you can see that by missing SD slots, volume wheel etc. According to the render, the outer ring of the nubs is flush with the case. In the vid, there is empty space around the ring, so the nubs aren't put through. A dremel might do the trick, and widening the hole for the CNC version wouldn't be a problem, I suppose. I'm just speculating, can't wait to see the vid of a working unit :D

Wow! Even smaller than I thought it would be, this should have no problems with my pocket.

Keep up the good work!

Back