Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

Nothing?

The 'realism' in these games is not very convincing... I mean, if she gets to run around in such a 'light' outfit to avoid the heat... why do the poor guys have to suffer in their stifling full outfits?

I mean c'mon! where's the equality?

If I'm ever in some kind of special forces I will refuse to use my gun unless I can do it in a gstring and net vest.
Equality? That is naturally impossible, don´t know why humans keep digging it.
Life is full of hypocrites and contradictories.

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC_0393_JPG_be5d5.jpg

I can't tell if maybe there is an Engrish problem, or...

Well, at least SONI is involved, so it must be good.

Knock off cpu?  My day has been brightened

looks to be an AMD knock off... or is it better and has its own hong kong special board thats only used with it?

This is the reason i declined having IT in school. 

The course material is usually so out dated it's not funny. I remember my course still having floppy drives in it when it was the year 2004!
Um, I still use floppies.

I don't think the textbook error should be used as indicative of IT education in general.  That falls on the company that made the book.  Some are better than others.  Red Hat had terrible stuff for years, and the RHEL 7 version of their materials seem to be greatly improved (but a bit less fun).

I know a few instructors that change books pretty frequently, sometimes every time they offer the course.  It probably depends on the subject, the person organizing the class, and how much money and time is available to make changes.  Some things really need to be updated every year, while an introduction to computers class, or something with basic hardware info, like in that picture (and A+ hardware type stuff) may not need so much attention to be up to date enough to meet the goals of the course.

At work ~ 3-4 years ago, I was using a computer that ran an antiquated semiconductor tester that still had an 8" Floppy Drive.  DEC VAX/VMS system.

It also had a reel to reel style tape backup...
Ah, I should have been specific.  I use 5.25 inch floppies.  Mine are for games, not real work.  I have loaded some games from cassette tapes (I think I have a few for my Atari 2600 Supercharger somewhere), but that was probably a few years ago.  Now I don't mess with the tapes too much, and I have considered doing the same with the floppies since I have other options now.

At work ~ 3-4 years ago, I was using a computer that ran an antiquated semiconductor tester that still had an 8" Floppy Drive.  DEC VAX/VMS system.

It also had a reel to reel style tape backup...
Ah, I should have been specific.  I use 5.25 inch floppies.  Mine are for games, not real work.  I have loaded some games from cassette tapes (I think I have a few for my Atari 2600 Supercharger somewhere), but that was probably a few years ago.  Now I don't mess with the tapes too much, and I have considered doing the same with the floppies since I have other options now.
Um, I still use floppies.
I never said that. 
Despite running Ubuntu 10 i am not THAT outdated. 

Also you guys do get the joke that this thing is wrongly labeled and not outdated?  

Also2: More quoting of quotes! 

Back