A More Advanced Roadmap Please

Not disputing that, and in fact agree 100%, I'm just wondering where the 500 comes from. Is it a legacy of Friday and the sample cases, which I can totally understand, or is it how many they can produce and ship safely with full QA.
Guess I never framed my question correctly. :lol:

Edit:
"Craig wants to pick a reasonable number to ship before the CNY"
I guess that it's answered right there in MW quote sorry guys!
Or was that prior to the sample cases? :D Either way not to worry as, I agree with you all anyway and the reason for the actual number would have to be answered by OP anyway (if it was higher than 500 originally).

Na-Noo said:
Not disputing that, and in fact agree 100%, I'm just wondering where the 500 comes from. Is it a legacy of Friday and the sample cases, which I can totally understand, or is it how many they can produce and ship safely with full QA.
Guess I never framed my question correctly. :lol:
I think Craigix after talking to them, realized this was hump-week for them, so thought 500 was the best he could get away with. Who knows, they might be able to do more, or run out of time at less than 500. I think it's completely on them, 500 is just a nice round number. Trust me, being just on the other side of 500, I wish it was more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah well now the second MWeston quote sheds a bit of light on why it's only 500 cases? Ha, I say only, just at the weekend we all thought the sky was falling in.

From ED's twitter:
notaz rocks! Looks like he eliminated the omafb and X11 crashing bug! Tried some games (SuperTux, SMW, Vice, ScummVM,...) and no crash!
about 8 hours ago from web

Most of you probably already knew that because you check every source at least once every second ;)

So don't be jelous of Notaz having a pandora ;)

BackAssward said:
What Moxie said. Also, don't forget that we want them to take the time to do proper Quality Control... we don't want that rushed.

"we"? Who are "we" you are talking about? Are you talking for everyone on the boards now? get down from your high horse pls? kthnxbye

r00tw00t said:
"we"? Who are "we" you are talking about? Are you talking for everyone on the boards now? get down from your high horse pls? kthnxbye
Calm down :huh:
'We' as in 'Community' sounds good to me :)

... anyway. We should rush things and get this thing out ASAP. We should take a chance and if we get cases which isn't exactly topnotch we should be able to buy new ones later. That's what we think should do

r00tw00t said:
BackAssward said:
What Moxie said. Also, don't forget that we want them to take the time to do proper Quality Control... we don't want that rushed.

Wow man, I was being polite, but if you want to get insulting, I am more than happy to oblige... let me know. I do seem to be talking for more people on the board than you. But hell, let's screw Quality Control over your need for immediate satisfaction. Don't forget, they said they themselves (the factory) have ISO quality standards to follow, perhaps you should petition OP and the factory that those aren't necessary so that you can get your Pandora sooner.

r00tw00t said:
... anyway. We should rush things and get this thing out ASAP. We should take a chance and if we get cases which isn't exactly topnotch we should be able to buy new ones later. That's what we think should do
Yes, on your personal opinion, let's let them rush things, screw them up for everyone, just so you are happy. "isn't exactly topnotch"... yeah, that is a great idea for media reviews and future business... good plan. Who's on the high horse again?

P.s. This is not me getting insulting yet, let me know if/when you want me to start.

BackAssward said:
P.s. This is not me getting insulting yet, let me know if/when you want me to start.
But not here, that's for sure. We don't want flamewars :D

mali said:
BackAssward said:
But not here, that's for sure. We don't want flamewars :D
It was more rhetorical... but you should see some of my interactions with V. :p

Edit@ r00tw00t: Thanks for the reply. Not sure if it is sarcastic or you calmed down, but hostilities will get us no where. Cheers, community brother.

Edit2: btw, when I said "we don't" it was more of a "come on, we don't want that" than an attempt to speak for the community. It is a common phrasing.

BackAssward said:

Please don't argue. You two guys need to cool it. Nothing anyone says is going to change what happens over the next few weeks. Just have patience, I'm sure the team will deliver.

WOW, once again I go to sleep, only to wake up to another topic ran off the rails. I love this place! :p

Why does all the information received here become "FACT" after it is spewed from team members? Here is something I've learned over the last 2 years, it is always 99% wrong! Now that doesn't mean the team is lying, they are just giving the best information they have at the time! It is crazy to think the mould factory will produce a thousand cases a day, when just a few weeks ago it was said they would ship perfect cases on the 15th(Wrong), then they shipped the following week(wrong)They finally shipped, and guess what, everything the team expected was, you guessed it(wrong)!

So at this point it is safe to assume there is a huge communication problem at the factory, or the Chinese are just giving unrealistic estimates to the team, or maybe both! Who knows!

To argue about 500 or 10,000 is moot at this point. It is a very good chance nothing will ship before the holiday! Really, lets look at what has happened with this factory for 6 months, none of there estimates have been accurate, now why would anything change 1 week before a 2 week break?

500 is a realistic number to test the proper finish of MP, and still "MAYBE" get them shipped before the holiday! They may ship 100, 250, 500, or none! I think 500 is way better than none! Agree?

Chris

I personally don't know what a realistic amount is whether it be 10, 500, 750, 1000, I'll just be happy if they ship what they can before the CNY! :lol: (And by ship I mean with full QA, etc)

Na-Noo said:
I personally don't know what a realistic amount is whether it be 10, 500, 750, 1000, I'll just be happy if they ship what they can before the CNY! :lol: (And by ship I mean with full QA, etc)
We are in agreement. :rolleyes:

BackAssward said:
Na-Noo said:
We are in agreement. :rolleyes:

Even still, they CNY lasts only a matter of days... maybe a week. After as long as we have waited, it really is a drop in the bucket.

Bigun said:
Even still, they CNY lasts only a matter of days... maybe a week. After as long as we have waited, it really is a drop in the bucket.
Truth hurts, but it _is_ true :)

mali said:
Bigun said:
Truth hurts, but it _is_ true :)

After 1,5 years of water torture, even a drop feels like an icy spike.

I can take it for the pandora, but really, a week now is a lot harder to take than a week last summer.

Just to continue your analogy :)

Yep, you are right :) Just think about how I will feel. I'll watch you enjoying your Pandies while I have to wait a few more months ;)

Back