Damn, This Is Gonna Be Close!

Phawx said:
@Tom'

I placed my order at 10:45AM 9-30-08 and I'm between 700-800. I was apart of the AMEX fiasco though, so I don't know if that affected my queue position.
time-zone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bigun said:
craigix said:
If the cases are all ok we will send out some units with those sample caes.

LOL, ok, who are the lucky bastards in the 1-5 slots?
I believe Gruso is on that list.

Well I got my order confirmation on October 2nd last year, and inquired as to position in queue on december 16th last year. between 2450-2500 was the response

My order was complete on september 30, 2008 at 7:23am pacific standard time. I've been told my place was 250-350 as of the 16th of december 2009! That is actually for the first set of units that I ordered. I actually have 2 more orders, but those where placed well into the preorder life cycle, so I never bothered to ask where my place in line was for my second and third orders. I'm sure to get those at the very end of the 4000!

Chris

jumpman said:
I actually have 2 more orders, but those where placed well into the preorder life cycle, so I never bothered to ask where my place in line was for my second and third orders.

Hehehe, I just had a mental image of Pandora preorders being like coins stuck in a machine. "If I put another one in, maybe the first one will come out..."

WizardStan said:
Gruso said:
I don't think there would be much advantage in getting all 4,000 before CNY - it's not like they can assemble and ship that many Pandoras in a week. At least if they get 1,000, they'll have enough to keep them busy while China is off partying.
They could turn those 1000 cases into 1000 Pandoras in just a few days. They could turn all 4000 into 4000 Pandoras in the two weeks that the factory is off partying. (ok, maybe only 3000... 2000 at least!)
At the very least I think they should try for 2000. My thinking is that, if MWeston is flying down to Texas for a week to ensure production starts up smoothly, he doesn't want to be sitting around for 3 days because they ran out of cases. I'm sure they want to maximize his time and the assembly workers time with him to get these things bang on. Not my call, I don't have all the information, but it makes sense to me.

Aren't they going to ship all the cases out at once? Instead of shipping out what they made that day?

The Chinese factory will ship what they can produce before CNY. They say they can do 4,000 in time... but they have said a lot of things. As for the 1,000, I think that's just OP Ltd setting a sensible goal instead of an overly optimistic one.

Gruso said:
The Chinese factory will ship what they can produce before CNY. They say they can do 4,000 in time... but they have said a lot of things. As for the 1,000, I think that's just OP Ltd setting a sensible goal instead of an overly optimistic one.
Agreed!

Chris

Bigun said:
Aren't they going to ship all the cases out at once? Instead of shipping out what they made that day?

Craigix said today they'd try to get the first package be just 1,000 cases instead of 4,000, to reduce its risk of being held up.

I think it also might be smart logistically to ask the factory to pack up the first 1000 sets of case parts.
Don't know what the weight and volume of 1000 sets is, but I'm guessing it is at least a very big box, maybe several boxes.
So, if we're up against CNY, one or two boxes of a size which can be easily picked up and put in a small delivery van
is more sensible to ship than four times that amount, which may require a pallet load.

conso said:
Phawx said:
@Tom'

I placed my order at 10:45AM 9-30-08 and I'm between 700-800. I was apart of the AMEX fiasco though, so I don't know if that affected my queue position.
time-zone?

Sorry EST

Sphinxter said:
Realism would be unprecedented.

lol, +1... its surely one of the best statement in the whole forum

craigix said:
rabidpoobear said:
Can MWeston really get the case samples by Friday? has anything from China gotten here in 3 days yet?

Weirdly this one is coming fast.

I hear that's what happens when there's too much excitement :(

Okay question... How are you guy's finding out your queue number?

Off Topic: Oh and hey monk, I did read your reply the other day :) Just telling you because I know that feeling when you write something long and then no response haha.

shunun said:

Off Topic: Oh and hey monk, I did read your reply the other day :) Just telling you because I know that feeling when you write something long and then no response haha.

By asking the shop we preordered from. Send them an email and ask away.

B-ZaR said:
shunun said:

By asking the shop we preordered from. Send them an email and ask away.

Really?.. I would have thought it was automated.. I can imagine thousands of people asking, so I think I'll give it a miss. I'm probably somewhere from 3500-4000 anyway, I only ordered 3 moths ago after all. I wish I had the money back when the first pre-orders took place. Do you think it'll make that much of a difference? How much longer do you think I'll be waiting? I hope it's not more than 2 weeks.. That would be frustrating.

No worries shunun - but I think the chances are reasonably high you'll have more than 2 weeks to wait :(

Monk said:
No worries shunun - but I think the chances are reasonably high you'll have more than 2 weeks to wait :(

What I meant was I hope I won't be waiting to weeks longer than the people who are from 0-1000 etc. Personally I don't think the cases will be shipping until sometime after the Chinese new year, because getting everything done in the last couple of day's is just so optimistic. but that's just my opinion ;)

I still hope to get mine before I present my Master's thesis at the end of this month (which I, by the way, finished yesterday :) happy day!) for demonstration purposes.

EDIT: time

Back