I Need A Big "what To Come" List

Openpandora going bankrupt is not an
option. Because it would make me cry.
Such a dream since 2007. And when the shipping almost starts they'l go bankrupt? No fucking way!
Craigix used to say: pandora is shipping, even if we'd have to make every damned unit ourself >> or something like that.

And a scam cant it be neither, to much videos and photos.

borgqueenx said:
Such a dream since 2007. And when the shipping almost starts they'l go bankrupt? No fucking way!
Craigix used to say: pandora is shipping, even if we'd have to make every damned unit ourself >> or something like that.

And a scam cant it be neither, to much videos and photos.

I'd love OpenPandora to go under, just to make you REALLY ANGRY
clownshoes.jpg

Merry New Year One And All :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tripmonkey_uk said:
borgqueenx said:
Craig has already said that they have no debts. It wouold be nearly impossible for them to go bankrubt right now.

Chill :)

I seem to recall posts that suggest otherwise (for example, they didn't break even on the first batch). I think a more accurate statement would be that they're not in any CONSIDERABLE debt. :)

Can't find the thread now.
I think they had to borrow money because of the bank screw up. Craig might have meant that once the Pandora gets released and they get that money back, they will be braking even.

Or I could be wrong?? :unsure:

the pandora is a scam, anyone who preordered before me should cancel, anyone after me is fine

Really, be a man and tell them you won't cancel now, since you are sure the pandora will be released. If it's getting nasty, agree on a deadline, like mid-january. If you can't prove them a considerable amount of pandora's is produced by then, you'll drop the order. Seems to me like this is your last chance to stay in line. Tell them that if it was scam, you wouldn't get your money back, anyway, since january is indeed the last month for them to deliver before the masses drop out.

Luckily I paid for the Pandora with my own money but my Dad occasionally asks if the Pandora is still coming. It does kinda get embarassing if nothing has happened in a while so you get this akward moment when your parents ask how much longer then you say "a month or two" which is the same thing you said a month ago. So I never really tell anybody about the Pandora, maybe I will once it starts shipping but you don't want people on your back constantly questioning if you got scammed, or has anything happened at all. Its alright if it happens in he forums cause everybody understands whats going on but in the real world people would assume you got scammed.

You have two options and convincing your parents it isn't a scam isn't one of them. It doesn't matter how much evidence you throw at them, every single bit of it could have been faked if someone wanted to do so, and CSI and other cop shows have made people believe it would actually be easy to do so.
No, your options are to either do as your parents ask and refund it, or make a deal with them. I don't know you or your parents or your situation, so I don't know what kind of deal would work. I can say with reasonable accuracy that trying to convince them won't work: if they won't accept the pictures and videos, they won't accept the word of some anonymous guys on the internet.

your going to have to educate your parents on the pandora project if you want them to make an "educated" decision.
paying for something years ago and still not getting it screams scam in anybody's mind. I'm old enough to make my own decisions but even my parents thought they took my money and ran.
I told them what was going on and now they don't care. In my mind, be able to get your money back just proves that it's not a scam.

I suggest going to the unnofficial blog, photo album, video vault etc and show them whats happening. Then they can decide if its a scam or not.
anyway if they paid for it, then your out of luck and arguing with them will only make them make you cancel it faster. :p

good luck, maybe one of the members who bought more than one will sell you one when they ship. like on ebay or something.

If it is a scam, then what makes you think you can get your money back???
:rolleyes:
-Mike

Sorry if I missed this, but did you pay or they pay.

If you paid, tell them that you are fully ready to except resposnibility if you lose money on this deal. It's your money, you can take risks with it if you want.

If they paid for it, make a deal. Tell them that you will take responsibility for the money if it ends up being a scam and will pay them the money back.

zazen666 said:
Sorry if I missed this, but did you pay or they pay.

If you paid, tell them that you are fully ready to except resposnibility if you lose money on this deal. It's your money, you can take risks with it if you want.

If they paid for it, make a deal. Tell them that you will take responsibility for the money if it ends up being a scam and will pay them the money back.

If you paid with your own money and it does happen to all go wrong (which it won't) then it's a lesson learnt - your parents can't expect you to cancel just because they are worried about it, if it's your money. You have the right to do what the hell you want in this case and you shouldn't feel pressured by them in any way, as that is just plain wrong.

If they paid on the other hand, then if they are threatening to cancel/get a refund, etc, then you do need to shown them some proof. In this case it's a shame they are getting like this so close to the end of it all.

I'd be concerned that if your parents are saying 'those circuit boards could come from a DS' then there is little hope of your convincing them that anything is moving along. It sounds to me like they don't want to hear any different, that at the back of their minds, they can see that it is a real project and not a scam yet still want you to cancel for whatever parental reasons they have (waste of money, etc). The Pandora boards are obviously real, just look at all the different photos, and they are obviously not from a DS or other device. I don't see how it's possible to think otherwise except if pretending to be 'blind' to the whole thing.

Don't fall into the trap of being pressured by your parents into cancelling if you feel the evidence is strong enough to show that it is a perfectly legitimate project that will deliver. If you can see this given the information available to you (images, updates, etc) then there is no logical reason why your parents cannot also see this. I'm betting that they have another reason for wanting you to cancel and are using as many excuses to do with the project failing/being a scam, as they can find to justify you cancelling your order.

[edit] Also, if the unofficial blog isn't good enough, I doubt a list from here will be any better. Have you tried showing them videos off youtube, from the first steps of working boards, to prototypes assembled in rough cases, testing of nubs, etc?. That's evidence enough to show development. The official developer blog should also be enough: http://www.open-pandora.org

Back