What Is The Status Of...

rmm21 said:
Nothing remotely funny about drinking in excess.
FTFY

Really most things are poisonous to you. Until we start living underground being fed intravenously, It's not sufficient to just say that something is bad for you as a reason not to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
its kinda sad what alcohol can do to kids.
It effects their brains.

Its alright to drink when you have become a adult, but not when you are 18 years or younger.

I began drinking when i was 15, so i guess im not super dumb :p although i do ask alot :p

I have a friend and she drinks almost 5 beers a day, and she's 12.
But i warned her twice and now i leave her to her parents. not me to decide to stop drinking.

craigix said:
mali said:
Enough people die because of stupidity. When I was a kid, we had a birthday party and played games where the loser had to drink a shot glass of alcohol. One of the other kids lost intentionally several times and went unconscious, soon. On the way to hospital he died, but they were able to reanimate him. A bottle of vodka can kill you, seriously.

Balls.

Russians drink, on average, around 60-80 bottles of Vodka a year. That is the average. Just think about that.

But then again Vodka is just about as pure as you can get, making it quite a bit safer than some other drinks, and I also find very little in the ways of a hangover from Vodka.

didn't you see the last post and !!!LINK!!! i posted craig? russia has limited the sales and raised the prices of vodka due to so many social and health problems. over half of the deaths of russians from 1991 onwards (ages 15-54) is due to alcohol... you're screwed man... please finish the pandora first though :D !

(craig's validity on his last post... shattered... just think about that.)

Well there are good news! Results from a swedish survey said that there was a correlation between playing computer games and less drinking. So if we can get the Pandoras in two months (TM) our livers might make it.

Xenu said:
Well there are good news! Results from a swedish survey said that there was a correlation between playing computer games and less drinking. So if we can get the Pandoras in two months (TM) our livers might make it.

ha ha! i would love to see the stats for that survey!

Everyone should get over it. Britain has a drinking culture, it's part of our social makeup. Just the same as Belgium or Germany. I drink a lot, all of it socially, I own a house, I have a job (which is both highly technical and includes management), a partner, an active life where I don't drink, etc etc etc. If you don't do it to the point where its negatively affecting your life, there's no real problem, and if it is detrimental to your health, well, that's up to the person doing it. IMO it's a shame other drugs are so regulated, it's generally down to the person and how they deal with it rather than the substance itself. Guns don't kill people, rappers do :)

aesir911 said:
Xenu said:

Intoxicationfrequency among youths 16-25yrs (%)

Gamers Seldom-players Nonplayers Total
1 Never 24 17 19 20
2 Once a year (or less) 9 7 10 9
3 A few times a year 19 22 21 21
4 Once a month 24 26 25 25
5 A few times a month 15 17 17 16
6 Once a week 9 11 8 9
Total 100 100 100 100

Hope you understand the figures in my rough translation. If you look at people not getting intoxicated they are more frequent in people that play alot of computer games (24%).

Xenu said:
aesir911 said:
Xenu said:

1 Never 24 17 19 20
6 Once a week 9 11 8 9
Total 100 100 100 100

Hope you understand the figures in my rough translation. If you look at people not getting intoxicated they are more frequent in people that play alot of computer games (24%).

what's the organization that funded this study? who carried it out? where did you find this information?

Laurencevde said:
Of course, you can't be in a bar and play games at the same time...

Not yet, but in two months (TM) you can!

aesir911 said:
Xenu said:
aesir911 said:
Xenu said:

1 Never 24 17 19 20
6 Once a week 9 11 8 9
Total 100 100 100 100

what's the organization that funded this study? who carried it out? where did you find this information?

The Swedish National Board for Youth Affairs (info in english: http://www.ungdomsstyrelsen.se/art/0,2072,8036,00.html). You can find the survey in the book (rough translation again) "Youths and network cultures - between moral panic and technology romanticism": http://www.ungdomsstyrelsen.se/ad2/user_documents/unga_och_natverkskulturer.pdf (in swedish)

mali said:
Google says 64 years for Russian males. (74 years in UK/Germany)
59, actually. And from my experience, it's not at all uncommon for Russian men to die in their 40s or even late 30s.

A lot of that is due to alcohol (though there are other factors too - smoking, stress, poor healthcare...).

rmm21 said:
That reason to any logical, life-pursuing person should be enough to not do something.

Depends what define call life-perusing as. Personally I don't call desperately trying to stay alive for as long as possible and therefore not allowing oneself to enjoy any of life's pleasures as life-perusing.

Do you stay away from planes, trains and automobiles as well? You know, in case they crash?

Pleng said:
Do you stay away from planes, trains and automobiles as well? You know, in case they crash?

Also traffic in general. If I recall correctly, most non-natural deaths are traffic accidents.

Back