I Need A Big "what To Come" List

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
I need a big list of the things that are ahead. Because my parents are almost forcing me to cancel my order.
They give as reason that the pandora team always gets delays, and i cant say thats false.
They say that they will keep putting in delays so that they will have more time to use your money to move somewhere they cant be found.
I just wanna confince my parents now, i dont wanna cancel now that the pandora is coming close.

Can someone make a good list for me please? The roadmap on the unofficial blog aint good enough for my parents :/

i know that the test cases will arrive next week and must be OK for mweston to give the green light for mass prodcution of the case?
And what comes next, i dont know:( and there are many posts to dig if i wanna find out.

After Mass Production? Errm... delivery.

And the sample cases won't arrive next month but next week.

borgqueenx said:
I need a big list of the things that are ahead. Because my parents are almost forcing me to cancel my order.
They give as reason that the pandora team always gets delays, and i cant say thats false.
They say that they will keep putting in delays so that they will have more time to use your money to move somewhere they cant be found.
I just wanna confince my parents now, i dont wanna cancel now that the pandora is coming close.

Can someone make a good list for me please? The roadmap on the unofficial blog aint good enough for my parents :/

i know that the test cases will arrive next month and must be OK for mweston to give the green light for mass prodcution of the case?
And what comes next, i dont know:( and there are many posts to dig if i wanna find out.

Stand on your own feet and defy your parents. They expect it from you. Become a man.

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
borgqueenx said:

i know that the test cases will arrive next month and must be OK for mweston to give the green light for mass prodcution of the case?

Stand on your own feet and defy your parents. They expect it from you. Become a man.
thanks thats really helpful :/

and evildragon: sorry i ment next week. but first they need to proven OK, then mass production of only 1 part/piece of the pandora. all pandora pieces must come together. all shipping procedures between them. then assembled and shipping starts.

-what parts are missing?
-Destination and senders of shipping parts? (how long will shipping take)
-What pieces/parts are needed to be mass produced?
-Where will the shipping be? still gbax in england?
-how long will it take the factory's to create all parts for 4000 pandora's?

i need a clear list :(

borgqueenx said:
thanks thats really helpful :/
[/quote]
Sorry.

i dont wanna make this a flame topic but i have my reasons why im still listening to my parents. and for one i still live in their house. and thats normal for my age.
My parents are the boss, kinda. Please, please dont start about this.

@MDave: ive shown them about 5 pics and 3 videos. they think there's only 1 pandora that is contructed for the largest scam in history.
They wont trust openpandora from the beginning. and now they're really getting to start angry.

yes, i have shown them the pictures of the pandora boards, wich follow with: "yeah those can come from ds's".

You should only need to divert there attention for a couple of weeks. How about giving them something else to worry about?

I say you tell them that you enjoy dressing in ladies underwear.

or..

Telling them your changing to a different religion and giving them the sign of the devil.

or..

Introduce them to a goat and tell them you plan to marry it.

Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Show them all the latest pictures and videos, all the latest blog updates + whatever else you can get your hands on.
I really don't know what else it would take to make them change their minds??

EvilDragon said:
After Mass Production? Errm... delivery.

And the sample cases won't arrive next month but next week.

Well, there is the question of the power supply, if it has been decided upon and a supplier sourced for the thousands of power supplies needed. Secondly, has the soft case been decided upon and if all the Ext. cables have been made.

Sure they are small things, but necessary things... The devil's in the details (as we've seen already so much over the past year). Also, the 80/20 rule applies.

Make them a deal. Ask for just 1 more month and if it's not released or shipped by then you'll get the money back.

There's only so many ways you can work this because you can't prove that the Pandora is real until you get it in your hands. Unfortunately because it's being sold on-line, the only way to get it in your hands is to buy it :(

why don't you just show the other products that are inthis forum like the wiz or gp2x or the dingoo and that should show that this kind of thing has been done before and it just takes time.

(also tell them to stop watching CNN or read the daily mail if you live in the Uk, its making them paranoid and think everything is a scam and Osama bin Larden is Donna jump out the delivery box and steal your innocents...
maybe i'm looking to much into this, but your parents sound like mine..
stubborn snd paranoid

hope this helps

toodles
XD

wait, if the pandora is a scam, why would you be able to get your money back when canceling?

edit: also, i agree with majingohan99's comment on watching the news and seeing SCAM SCAM SCAM! THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY MONEY MONEY!

Xian Long said:
wait, if the pandora is a scam, why would you be able to get your money back when canceling?
Deductive reasoning at its best!
I got my money back so problem solved. No scam.

Show them videos of craigix and EvilDraon from YouTube -- not even necessarily ones about the Pandora -- and show them their respective online shops. There are lots of videos on there of them showing off other stuff to sell at their stores (craigix has lots of reviews for his store, and I was just watching a nice long one the other day about the Wiz). It's pretty obvious that their stores are legetimate businesses.

http://www.gbax.com/ <-- craigix's
http://www.gp2x.de/cms/index.php <--EvilDragon's

wb8195teenagerstiredofb.jpg

yeah! Craig has been trading tech gadgets for years before they decided to build the Pandora to fill what they and many others saw as a big hole in the market, assure your parents that if no Pandora appears soon you will go for a refund, set the best date you can negotiate, start high and let em bid you down ;) , I doubt OP are going to try to go into hiding over £1m, that's only about 83k each for the team, where on planet Earth could they hide for that amount of money? considering they would have 4000 angry pre-order people looking for em, it`s not probable that they would try to run off over such small earnings, plus, as a scam, it would have to be the worst run scam in the history of the internet, I could run a more convincing scam

real scams go after big money, (Cherrypal, Gizmondo for eg, Gizmondo took big investors for Hundreds of Millions), also TI would have to be in on this as well, or at least not bothering to say anything about never having supplied 4000 OMAP soc modules, not to mention we have all seen Craig, Evil dragon etc on YouTube, and since Craig and his tech trading firm are based in the UK the fraud squad would be all over him if this turned out to be scam, it`s not like this is some unknown guy from Outer Mongolia or something, he even has his (valid) trading address on his website (that's where I sent a cheque to for my GP200, and later the Pandora).

I fully expect the Pandora to appear soon (soon defined as OpenPandora soon, that is, with only a faint relationship to what the rest of the world calls soon :D ), if you can`t convince your parents, then you will just have to wait for the second batch, remember the device we get will have "beta" software etc, so they may think you have been ripped off with a dodgy device anyway, even if you get a first edition unit, the only question I have is on final quality of build, and we should be seeing that soon enough.

a similar device in capability (while lacking a whole host of features) would be the Nokia N900, they cost £500 as a no contract device, building a superior device from scratch on such a low budget was always going to be slow, its not like Craig has his own injection moulding machines and a big design team, so ask for some more time, then honour the cut off date with no complaining if the Pandora fails to appear, that way you stand a good chance of getting a second batch device if a first batch device eludes you.

I can understand your parents concern, they just don`t have an infinite supply of money* and with Christmas coming up think they could put it to better use on your behalf (for example), so don`t feel like your being picked on, it`s a parent thing (says the 49yr old guy who still lives with "mum and dad" :unsure: )

*...if (however) they do have an infinite supply of money then ask them to send me some if they would be so kind B)

I'm an adult, I live with my wife, and at this point I try to NOT discuss the Pandora. So I can understand on some level the difficulty you must be facing. Example, have the power supplies been ordered? answer provided... 'they're easy to get, you worry for nothing"... not good enough. Are they ordered and ready to shove in the box / bag or whatever you're shipping in or will there be a 2 week delay, easy question, never answered... why? The answers we get are always cryptic at best.

I have no doubt I'll get it but to be honest, any attempt at a guess for the date is a joke at this point, and I'm glad I don't have to justify my purchase to any authority figure. I get enough grief from my wife and friends, it's to the point of embarassing now. All said and done, I expect I'll have my Pandora eventually but I'll go no further defending my purchase or the terrible non-answers / crptic information provided from OP. The 2 month meme is NOT funny anymore and any delays only illicit a huge sigh from me, sad that I'm pretty apathetic about any non-news I get from OP anymore. I've read and enjoyed the journey but since November my patience has pretty much been worn out.

I'm just sayin....

Twiitcher

I too had made a deal with my wife for December which since they were supposed to be done by September shipping in October I felt gave a reasonable amount of wiggle room. Well if none ship by Christmas I will be facing my cutoff point. So here's hoping the first units will indeed ship before Christmas so that I may be able to keep my order. Not sure how much longer I can make excuses to extend the deadline. Especially seeing how many have passed already. Beta software or not, I want this. Have wanted for 9 years (when concept of this happening occurred to me) I'm glad to have found it when it finally happened and to be waiting to get one. I really don't know if I could stand to back out now.

Back