A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Original pre-order batch1 (original queue 2500-3000), no upgrade.

BTW Notion Ink Adm +JB is good? sorry not related with Pandora but I also have it and not upgrade yet that's why

As you see I like to support geeky projects :) Behind NI Adam there is a delay history, but not that big as OP (which made me give up on Sep. this year).

So far JB 4.1.x (AOSP, AOKP, CM10) is most stable version of Android on Adam, but still in "beta" due it is a community built not NI and has few issues (major one is internal camera, which are not going to be resolved due to hardware implementation done by NI). Personally I'm on AOSP + Chameleon Launcher which made my Adam "killer" machine (even iPad users have got chocked ;) ) but I'm thinking about moving to CM10 or there will be better built for AOSP 4.2 (now is Aplha2).

Last edited by a moderator:

BTW Notion Ink Adm +JB is good? sorry not related with Pandora but I also have it and not upgrade yet that's why

As you see I like to support geeky projects :) Behind NI Adam there is a delay history, but not that big as OP (which made me give up on Sep. this year).

So far JB 4.1.x (AOSP, AOKP, CM10) is most stable version of Android on Adam, but still in "beta" due it is a community built not NI and has few issues (major one is internal camera, which are not going to be resolved due to hardware implementation done by NI). Personally I'm on AOSP + Chameleon Launcher which made my Adam "killer" machine (even iPad users have got chocked ;) ) but I'm thinking about moving to CM10 or there will be better built for AOSP 4.2 (now is Aplha2).
I get a fair number of geeky projects at work... not to support, but to work on.

Actually me too. ;)

Anyway thank you for your advice.

I just download it so I'll flash it to try.

Based on a email early on I was between 2500 and 2600 originally. What date did you order?

Oct. '08

This leaves about 1500-150 (craig upgrades) = 1350 preorders left... @150 produced/week = 9 weeks, @100 produced/week = 14 weeks, @50 produced/week =28 weeks... anywhere between 2months and 7 months to clear batch 1 still assuming the same number of 1GHz units are sold in that time... *sigh*

This leaves about 1500-150 (craig upgrades) = 1350 preorders left...

Oh, you really can't read much into the first queue numbers. They were pretty much meaningless even before all the different types of upgrades (not to mention cancellations).

Im wondering if you guys are also in this same circumstance : Every month or two you have friends asking you ........... so... got your pandora yet?? and always having to tell them whats going on with it and why it hasn't been able to ship yet, but keep up the defense of OP that they are still 100% legitimately working on it etc, ugh its an ongoing annoyance.

I know they aren't trying to be mean about the situation, but I wish I never even mentioned I was getting one to my friends, its been 4.5 years and grown to be a major pain in the *#$ trying to defend everything and always having to sound ultra positive that its going to come. I feel i'm lieing to them to prove they are incorrect about their "thoughts"

LOL I'm in that boat. I'm a sept 2010 late batch 1 pre-order (between 3800 and 3900). I told my co-workers that I spent another $369 to get my pandora. They thought I was crazy. But I said that I this upgrade means I'll get my pandora soon. This was back in early July. Well the jokes have been plentiful. I don't talk about the pandora anymore. And my wife!! Anyways, I read in another post that someone at number 84 got the email.

But I'm not going to mention it. Well I think they're reading these posts anyways ...

So I might be within 55 pandoras away. Here's to hoping for a xmas delivery. Cheers everyone.

Que #97. Still no email and Pandora. Been waiting since 2007.

gg craig
Yep I think #84 is the last one from first 25 units which is resume shipping from weeks ago.

So ED did you send more unit to Craig after 25 units? I really would like to know this information.

question - I've had an order be marked as shipped on the 29th/11 (1ghz upgrade to ED's store), does a tracking number get supplied at some point for them?

question - I've had an order be marked as shipped on the 29th/11 (1ghz upgrade to ED's store), does a tracking number get supplied at some point for them?
I also received a shipping notification on Nov. 29th and haven't received a tracking number. Then again, I personally don't care about the exact current location of my shipment through a time period which in proportion to the total time I've waited corresponds to a blink of an eye.

Remaining previous 1Ghz orders are shipping next week and the week after, we hope to clear these as soon as possible.
Craig

Any update about this?

It seems stopped til queue #84 at this time and not complete yet.

We are waiting for resuming shipping of 1Ghz Pandora a.s.a.p.

Coz. normally this is unacceptable reason for delay was so I really want to sort this out.

Pls keep your promise..

I'm not sure if Deutsche post is this one:

"DHL Weltpaket International"

Hypnis is probably right though, it's not long to wait. It's more of an excitement thing, being able to put the tracking info into my phone and have it ding during the work day as it flies around and out of the country.

All upgrades that use the 'free shipping' voucher are all shipped as signed mail, regardless what had been selected.

While I've got tracking numbers, they won't be automatically sent from Deutsche Post (only DHL / UPS does that).

While UPS is fastest (and freakin' expensive outside the EU), signed mail seems to be faster than DHL for some reason :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back