A daily report from the Rebirth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not much news from Monday. We worked on more LCD cables, preparing speaker wires with a solder bath, and then connecting those to half completed LCD w/ speaker wire. EDs got the whole family involved in the project, so he's had some help with the short speaker wire, while Linux-SWAT & I have been working on the left speaker wires since Friday. Tomorrow we should be moving onto assembling LCDs into the lids at some point. Then assembling the remainder of the case -PCB. Crazy times and the snow was falling toady as this front moves through to get rid of this dreaded cold.

Guten Nacht!

Back to work.

Spent the whole day on speakers.

There's still some left to be soldered tomorrow.

While ED helped Link to repair his "Rambo edition" Pandora we were introduced to the final steps of the pandora assembly.

We won't be as fast as him soon, but, which is more important, we will be able to do a clean job after some practice.

Slowly, day after day, we become some weapons of mass production.

Was snowing all the day. I enjoy it.

dsc04117.jpg

dsc04118.jpg

dsc04119.jpg

dsc04120.jpg

dsc04121.jpg

dsc04122.jpg

dsc04123.jpg

dsc04124.jpg

dsc04125.jpg

dsc04126.jpg

dsc04127.jpg

dsc04128.jpg

dsc04129.jpg

dsc04130.jpg

dsc04131.jpg

dsc04132.jpg

dsc04133.jpg

dsc04134.jpg

dsc04135.jpg

dsc04136.jpg

Oh my GOD a CC box. IMPOSSIBLE.
Lack of humour much?, No one else thinks the Handle with Care statement on the Circuit Co box was a little bit funny considering the dealings with them? It's no doubt why there was a picture taken of it.

Oh my GOD a CC box. IMPOSSIBLE.
Lack of humour much?, No one else thinks the Handle with Care statement on the Circuit Co box was a little bit funny considering the dealings with them? It's no doubt why there was a picture taken of it.
I think he was referring to its very existence, rather than not showing a sense of humour. ;)

And, yeah, I laughed, I admit. :p

ATTN Mods:

Can someone move post #49 from this thread to here?

Don't know what I was thinking when I posted yesterdays news there.

Today's news:

I finally have a Pandora again. Last week I was very anxious to swap out my nubs and old-LCD cable, and not having solder experience, I made some boo-boos, cut some capacitors above my left nub off with a razorblade, and also shorted out my LCD with my first soldering job because there was too much solder on the speaker wires in which the LCD lays on top of. Happy to mess up my own unit and learn valuable lessons. Luckily it could be fixed by the EvilDragon, and we attempted to recover the shorted out LCD with a trace pen last night. It takes 45 minutes to dry and we did this end of the night, no luck this morning, no display on boot. So ED was kind enough to help me with a new LCD, he soldered new nubs on within seconds while I was retrieving the rest of my unit in another room.

Since last week, my soldering skills improved immensely, and using a solder bath with the speaker wires makes life very easy.

Today after we revamped my Pandora, I got started on the task of connecting LCDs and placing them in the lids. Not an easy task the first few times around. As the day progressed, gravity was giving me some issues with the Wi-Fi cable/antenna because this part needs to be fastened immediately after snapping down the area around the LCD cable in the hinge. I completed about 45-50 of them myself over the course of the day, slow by EDs standards, but he makes this stuff look so easy, like child's play. Mid day, I couldn't get the case lid to fasten at 3 O'Clock and had to reopen several units I put together. Reason for this is the wi-fi antenna makes that side of the case thicker, and if it moves, which it can and will, then you can't snap the lid totally together. No LCDs broken during the disassembly, but I did manage to snap one case while taking it apart, which can happen with this plastic from time to time.

I'm really starting to understand the ins and outs of the case in the lid area. My goal is to break 100 tomorrow personally. I am not rushing, I am trying to make sure everything is AOK here and do a good job. There's a lot of work that goes into assembling a Pandora.

I also want to assist with some repairs before I leave next week, so hopefully within the next few days. The more you work with these cases, LCDs, and so on, the better you get.

At the beginning of today, I kind of felt like a Pandora butcher because I killed my own unit, but now my confidence is back after diligently assembling lids today. I didn't feel so bad after learning that out of the first Pandoras assembled in the UK, there was a high failure rate as well, which any of us who got in early found out sooner or later.

That's my reason for coming over here, to learn the ins and outs of this amazing machine, and I'm learning more and more everyday. My plan was to try and stay an extra week because of delays, but after talking with Expedia.Robber today, I am not sure if this will be possible. They wanted $250 to change my ticket, and $3000 for a one way back to the US. I paid a quarter of that getting here, and back with my initial purchase. ED's going to check with Lufthansa tomorrow to see if anything can be done, but I'm likely out of here before mass production starts which is a disappointment.

So that's my update for today. Thanks for reading everyone and all of the support.

And my cent :

Today we began to assemble the screen block.

No joke this really needs care. Binding the lcd cable is impressive because it has to be done the right way. No another.

I felt faster at lcd soldering so i went back to it while Link did most of the screens du jour.

Seeing ED, we are slow, but as i said, we prefer to focus on quality. Speed will follow. Those units aren't ours, and some guys are waiting for soooo loooong it would be nonsense to do crap.

We will do screens for the next days.

The german guy was back, and i shot him with ED.

They don't want to admit it but i'm sure they're brothers.

We heard some things about the next hotfix. Gonna be a nice step forward.

My hand's skin is cut by the frost. It never happened to me.

Tonight, we ate some heavy bavarian food. I barely can stay awake to post this.

dsc04137.jpg

dsc04138.jpg

dsc04139.jpg

dsc04140.jpg

dsc04141.jpg

dsc04142.jpg

dsc04143.jpg

dsc04144.jpg

dsc04145.jpg

dsc04146.jpg

dsc04148.jpg

dsc04149.jpg

dsc04150.jpg

dsc04151.jpg

dsc04152.jpg

dsc04153.jpg

dsc04154.jpg

dsc04155.jpg

dsc04156.jpg

dsc04157.jpg

dsc04158.jpg

dsc04159.jpg

More I watch these pictures of pandora's... More I want it :D

These pictures are not good for my health, but must watch them! Maybe we should classify Pandora as a drug, since it's so addictive? ^_^

Thanks for the update, guys. Hang in there, keep up the great work, and thanks for helping out over there. :)

You surely wonder who's that guy on this picture:

evildragonklein.png

Not the right one! I'm talking about the left one.

It's me. I'm German and I need 45 minutes to visit EvilDragon.

Next week I've finished my last exams (I study Psychology) and I'll have a lot of spare time to help building Pandoras.

I hope there will be some work left for me next week. :)

Wow, this thread... It's so beautiful :D

It's pretty cool how I get to watch everything coming together...

evildragonklein.png

It's me. I'm German and I need 45 minutes to visit EvilDragon.

Next week I've finished my last exams (I study Psychology) and I'll have a lot of spare time to help building Pandoras.
Great, the pandora community is enriched by professional psychological support. Welcome to the (pandora-)blue couch, relax, and talk about your problems. I need a session, now. Dr. Askarus, the relationship with my pandora and me is strained. She don't want to come into my hands. I gave her gifts years ago, she took them but didn't show up for three years now. What could i do?

Interessting, isn't it? (yawn) I think that's why there are so many coffee cans on the right upper side in the cabinet, did you noticed them? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back