Daily Updates?

Do you want daily updates?

• Total voters

Put my no vote into the hat please, sir.

I voted no because I won't settle until we have complete tracking of all parties involved, with live cams on craigix and ED's heads along with comprehensive gps tracking on all parts being shipped and assembled. Twitter and the blogs are so old school. We have enough people constantly on these boards that we can have continuous monitoring of craigix and ED's every move, with live play by play and a daily synopsis. With gps tracking we can give every first batcher an up to the minute update on the location of each piece of their future pandora, complete with time-lapse tracking since their last login.

No, daily updates won't do it for me. There would be too much anxiety in the interim. Just think of it: waiting 24 hours in between updates? What an eternity! I say break out the cams and the gps tracking units, baby. I want my pandora fix and I want it now.

apink said:
Put my no vote into the hat please, sir.

I voted no because I won't settle until we have complete tracking of all parties involved, with live cams on craigix and ED's heads along with comprehensive gps tracking on all parts being shipped and assembled. Twitter and the blogs are so old school. We have enough people constantly on these boards that we can have continuous monitoring of craigix and ED's every move, with live play by play and a daily synopsis. With gps tracking we can give every first batcher an up to the minute update on the location of each piece of their future pandora, complete with time-lapse tracking since their last login.

No, daily updates won't do it for me. There would be too much anxiety in the interim. Just think of it: waiting 24 hours in between updates? What an eternity! I say break out the cams and the gps tracking units, baby. I want my pandora fix and I want it now.

I think you are on the right track but you haven't gone too far enough. We can also speculate on what they are doing. Hmm Craigix spent 15 minutes in the bathroom, what was he doing? Why did ED spend so much time looking in the fridge? Was there a pnd in there?

I think the most important thing would be to implant some capacitors with wireless transmitters attached so that if they start to fall asleep or lose focus we can shock them as a little reminder that they could be writing something for us to read.

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* sorry for the double post fail. Bloody droid has a mind of it's own sometimes.

$ zypper moo
\\\\\
\\\\\\\__o
__\\\\\\\'/_

I don't know what the above is actually supposed to be, but my mind is blown. Now I need to find a Mandriva Live CD to try "urpmoo" or something.

This is a most acceptable daily update for me.

L-Fin said:
I think many of you are concentrating too much on the very recent events (=volcano). I could have posted this same question way before the volcano and still said the exact same thing.

I would think tweeting a "NOP" with a mobile phone sometime during the day wouldn't be that much of a burden. I would also say that after spending over a thousand dollars and waiting for 569 days this would be just basic customer service.

Then again if the majority of people who have ordered a Pandora think daily updates is too much I'll accept that, too.
+1

Prometheus said:
aliking said:
I just can't see the logic in NOT WANTING to get a daily update.
Look at Craig's quote above. Then read it repeatedly for as many days as it takes for UPS to get back to them. ;) Do you see now?
LET HIM DARES. Next time, he will copy & paste updates with his own money.

But seriously, why on earth come to these forums if you don't want updates?
For the community and the taking part in stuff. :p
F* YOU, I'm f*kin' misanthrope. I just want my Panda! This community is masochistic.
Wrong name anyway. It should be called Godot instead Pandora.

Sugar_Kane said:
There have been plentiful updates recently, we know exactly what's going on and what time frames we're looking at.
To be truth, we are FORCED TO. Forced to look at Alec's blog, forced because at Official Current status still states e.g.: "Cases will be sent on either April 17th (unpainted) or April 20th (painted)".
And that is not because of volcano. Because, those (late) "updates" are great in comparision to last year...
NO, WE ARE NOT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT'S GOING ON AND WHAT TIME FRAMES WE'RE LOOKING AT.
Oh, Gruso is the legend anyway.

DuckMan said:
Bloody droid has a mind of it's own sometimes.

Word.
081025173528.jpg

Attachments

• 081025173528.jpg
    081025173528.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 114
Why can't people grasp this.
It's the same simple concept of event-driven programming:

1. Establish callbacks
2. When news occurs, they will tell you

It is much more efficient than:

1. Poll for news
2. Consume CPU time
3. Back to 1

You people don't know anything about programming.

Disclaimer: This post is a joke aimed at the handful of people who keep asking for moar news

Beholder said:
DuckMan said:
Bloody droid has a mind of it's own sometimes.

Word.
<snip skywalker looking for that cheeky bastard r2d2 />
Ah, perfect pic quote. The old movies always make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Gruso said:
I enjoyed apt-get moo. I wish I could do it with emerge moo, it sounds creepier.

YAAAAAHOOOOO!!!! I Love it!!!!

Excellent on an iPhone.. Such a weird thing.. No clue why it exists or if anything else is around!

mali said:
Code:
         (__)
         (oo)
   /------\/
  / |    ||
 *  /\---/\
    ~~   ~~
...."Have you mooed today?"...

Did anyone else try or at least giggle at it?
I still piss myself laughing at it!

Thanks for trying it!

Edit:
Urujuman: I DID CHEAT:

kurn@ubuntu:~$ apt-cache show cowsay
Package: cowsay
Priority: optional
Section: universe/games
Installed-Size: 268
Maintainer: Michael D. Ivey <ivey@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 3.03-6
Depends: perl5
Filename: pool/universe/c/cowsay/cowsay_3.03-6_all.deb
Size: 17356
MD5sum: 9378327ab18c20d711fc54d3784fd8fe
Description: A configurable talking cow
Cowsay (or cowthink) will turn text into happy ASCII cows, with
speech (or thought) ballons. If you don't like cows, ASCII art is
available to replace it with some other creatures (Tux, the BSD
daemon, dragons, and a plethora of animals, from a turkey to
an elephant in a snake).
Homepage: http://www.nog.net/~tony/warez/cowsay.shtml
Bugs: mailto:ubuntu-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Origin: Ubuntu

^ I just thought "NERDS" and rolled my eyes a little bit.
It fits very well in this thread though, thumbs up :)

This might help some people who feel left out:

Code:
aptitude -v -v moo  

or

aptitude -v moo

lulzfish said:
Why can't people grasp this.
It's the same simple concept of event-driven programming:

1. Establish callbacks
2. When news occurs, they will tell you

It is much more efficient than:

1. Poll for news
2. Consume CPU time
3. Back to 1

You people don't know anything about programming.

Disclaimer: This post is a joke aimed at the handful of people who keep asking for moar news

I think the reason why people keep asking is that they would like to have event-driven programming, but feel like many events are not properly triggered, triggered to late, not triggered at all or have contradicting values. So...if you can't be sure that all triggers are sent correctly you revert to polling.

That said, I still don't need a daily "nothing new!" I trust in the team telling me everything that is important in an appropriate time.

*Of course* I would *love* to have every news delivered hot to my desktop the very second it happens and especially I want good news every day.

but on the other hand...what use (real use!) is in it for me?

Do I miss something? Do I get my Pandora later? Will I get a pink Pandora if I don't answer within 5 minutes? No cake with my Pandora?

Nothing of this so basically it's only to soothe my nerves and entertainment. And both is not worth putting more stress on an already stressed team.

Besides...all news that where really important where posted in time for me (that is: maybe not exactly when they knew but absolutely fast enough for me.
Of course I sometimes felt like "Whats up? Nothing to report?" But I can't remember reading any news with the feeling of "Damn! If I only had known earlier!"

Back