Any News From The Assembly Line ?


Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Joined
Aug 10, 2007
Messages
2,454
Age
39
Location
Penguin Village
Hi,
So far, roughly 500 units have been delivered (or are on the way to the customers), while there are already some more finished and need to be tested. Of course, there are also some broken units which we need to check. If we can't fix them, they go back to Texas to be fixed. New boards are already on the way, so by the end of this week, we should probably have 700 - 800 units delivered!
Sunday 13th june here in this part of the world, #250-350 in the queue, still no shipping confirmation mail... Any news ?
As we now found a proper way to build the units and testing them, Craig hired a fixed team (three persons) to build the units - starting this week.
Craig will take care training them and testing the units, to keep the good quality.
How is the assembly going ? Are these three hired persons doing a great job ? Any new issues ?
After figuring all these steps out, we managed to build 200 units within three days - which is quite a good quota as we were only three guys on that weekend (some people and community guys helped before (THANKS!), but not on that weekend.
Can we assume it takes roughly 3 days to build 200 units by a three people team ?
Bye, Magic Sam
 

carlgeorge

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
689
Age
43
Location
Tasmania
Website
Visit site
I'm 300-400 in Craig's queue and I'm anxiously waiting for some more info about progress too.

There is a real lack of info again. Come on, tell us what is happening, it is becoming annoying now.
 

DixieDawg

Still Fresh
Joined
Sep 30, 2008
Messages
58
Agreed. Would sure like a status report from the front lines. In this case I'm afraid no news is bad news. I would like to be wrong of course. :)
 

DrCJBoduma

Active Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2006
Messages
509
Age
46
Location
England
Website
Visit site
DixieDawg said:
Agreed. Would sure like a status report from the front lines. In this case I'm afraid no news is bad news. I would like to be wrong of course. :)
agreed

CJ

Also 250-350 in queue
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Dunny

Exophase Approved® Forum Troll
Joined
Dec 24, 2006
Messages
1,112
Age
48
Location
Broughton, Brigg, UK
Website
www.zxspin.com
DixieDawg said:
Agreed. Would sure like a status report from the front lines. In this case I'm afraid no news is bad news. I would like to be wrong of course. :)

Historically speaking, "no news" from Craig is bad news. Before every major delay, there's been a good long period of silence from Craig.

D.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

spikeyxx

Still Fresh
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
75
PLEASE look into some way of giving more updates, PLEASE! somekind of timeline, one thread that's only updated by admins..anything!

This is becoming utterly frustrating
 

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Joined
Aug 10, 2007
Messages
2,454
Age
39
Location
Penguin Village
Hi Craig :)

craigix said:
I've already posted elsewhere on the boards that we are currently building 200.
I think we all know about that, it's not the point. What I'd like to know is: how is the assembly going, how is the hired team, and how long will it take ?

What about an official Pandora-o-meter on openpandora.org with the following useful informations: number of preordered units, number of units currently being built, number of completed units, number of shipped units, number of delivered units, number of faulty units, etc.

Thank you very much for your hard work, it's REALLY appreciated :)

Bye, Magic Sam
 
Last edited by a moderator:

spikeyxx

Still Fresh
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
75
Magic Sam said:
Hi Craig :)

craigix said:
I've already posted elsewhere on the boards that we are currently building 200.
I think we all know about that, it's not the point. What I'd like to know is: how is the assembly going, how is the hired team, and how long will it take ?

What about an official Pandora-o-meter on openpandora.org with the following useful informations: number of preordered units, number of units currently being built, number of completed units, number of shipped units, number of delivered units, number of faulty units, etc.

Thank you very much for your hard work, it's REALLY appreciated :)

Bye, Magic Sam

Exactly what he said - If this doesn't happen soon, I'm going to cancel my order. That's no a threat, it's just the fact that I've been waiting (more or less patiently) for two years, have been told I'm 550-650 in the cue (which I thought put me in the first 1000 units) but have now learned there are other stores with pandoras sold which calls into the the question the validity of my position in line, and once again have no clear timeframe for when my order will ship.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Bigun

Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
313
Location
Eastern United States
Website
www.pwnedclips.com
Same here. I'm between 800 - 900. I should be getting close by the estimates given by Craig. I'm not too interested in having every single droning detail about assembly being streamlined to some thread or webpage. But an occasional update (maybe once a week) should be enough for me IMHO.... OR if anything changes, like some defect in the case or board or if one of the hired employees is sick.

Let me put it this way.... I never dream.... never. Maybe once every other month or so, and usually it is a dream that makes no sense. A few weeks ago however, I dreamed I opened my Pandora....thanks to all the unboxing videos and pictures, now me (and I think a few other people) are dealing with more Pandora-nxiety.
 

carlgeorge

Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2004
Messages
689
Age
43
Location
Tasmania
Website
Visit site
+ 1

It is soooo frustrating being so close and yet having no decent info for weeks. I would say more but I'd be asked for my order number.
 

fusion_power

Advanced Member
Joined
Dec 25, 2005
Messages
13,183
Location
germany
Website
Visit site
carlgeorge said:
I'm 300-400 in Craig's queue and I'm anxiously waiting for some more info about progress too.

There is a real lack of info again. Come on, tell us what is happening, it is becoming annoying now.
You shouldn't worry, you are in the first 1000 and usualy these orders will all be served until the team rans out of Material (cases I guess). :)

Actualy, only the people of the 1000+ batch, (the next 3000 of the entire first batch) should be a little bit worried and more patient because we (comunity) don't have heared anything new from the Case Factory. The past teached us that there usualy not much happens if we don't hear from them...sometimes nothing even happens when we heared from them... so I calculate with some kind of bigger pause between the first 1000 and the next 3000 Pandoras.
I can deal with it even when I hope for the best like always :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

shiffy

Still Fresh
Joined
Oct 17, 2005
Messages
38
spikeyxx said:
Magic Sam said:
Hi Craig :)

craigix said:
I've already posted elsewhere on the boards that we are currently building 200.
I think we all know about that, it's not the point. What I'd like to know is: how is the assembly going, how is the hired team, and how long will it take ?

What about an official Pandora-o-meter on openpandora.org with the following useful informations: number of preordered units, number of units currently being built, number of completed units, number of shipped units, number of delivered units, number of faulty units, etc.

Thank you very much for your hard work, it's REALLY appreciated :)

Bye, Magic Sam

Exactly what he said - If this doesn't happen soon, I'm going to cancel my order. That's no a threat, it's just the fact that I've been waiting (more or less patiently) for two years, have been told I'm 550-650 in the cue (which I thought put me in the first 1000 units) but have now learned there are other stores with pandoras sold which calls into the the question the validity of my position in line, and once again have no clear timeframe for when my order will ship.


I second this. I too have been waiting patiently since when the pre-orders first opened. So far, I have refrained from emailing any of the Pandora team simply because I don't want to add to their already daunting workload with the usual "where am I in the queue" & "where can I buy one" etc, etc, etc!! All I know is that I am approximately 1200 - 1500 in line. That information has come from the various threads on here about what time/date you placed the preorder. It would be silly to cancel the order now, which I have no intention of doing, knowing that it's due immanently.

It's not so much the waiting that's bothering me. It's the not knowing. We already know that the next batch of cases has been ordered. And we only know that from the odd forum posts on here. But in my opinion, that's not enough info. What's the time frame of when the manufacturing of the cases start? What's the ETA on when they are expected in the UK? I'm sure that this is the info that the majority of the people who pre-ordered are now wanting. And unfortunately, there is no one place where this info can be found out without trawling the forums & picking up on little cryptic snippets of info here and there.

All that is needed is one stickied topic here that can only be updated by members directly involved with the Openpandora team. And maybe have a link from the official Openpandora homepage directly to "Current Status" on these forums. Maybe it could kill two birds with one stone by alleviating the frustration that is felt by so many people by not knowing the current status, while reducing the amount of emails that Pandora team receive regarding the current status so that they can then concentrate on genuine emails from people who have received their units & are having problems.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

DynaMight

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2005
Messages
373
Location
Exeter, Devon - UK
Website
Visit site
I'm like 700-800 and I don't expect mine anytime soon :( I assume the first 1000 cases include a good handful going to the other two shops, and there doesnt seem to be any news when the rest of the cases will arrive (Unless I have missed it?)

Got so excited when they started to build them, then twitter updates of 100+ a day then I read the forum and people within the first 300-400 are still waiting. Hopefully I get mine sometime before the end of Summer :(
 

MistaGiggles

Still Fresh
Joined
May 12, 2009
Messages
38
I was told I am between 450-550 in the queue, but now it seems there is a queue for each vendor. What I'd like to know is how many have been shipped for EACH queue (ie How many have gone to cragis customers, how many of gone to EDs etc.), this would really help putting me at ease.

After all; being told that 700 should have been shipped soon and getting no confirmation email is worrying me.
 

Wrath Of Khan

Soul soother...
Joined
Dec 29, 2009
Messages
5,213
Age
44
Location
Ireland
If your orders in the first 1000 ye should surely get it soon.Its the other 3000 people who could be waiting a while.
Fatihs the one whos handling the cases afaik.
 

moxie

The voice of reason, sense and exasperation
Staff member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Messages
2,707
Age
49
Location
South of Sweden
spikeyxx said:
PLEASE look into some way of giving more updates, PLEASE! somekind of timeline, one thread that's only updated by admins..anything!

This is becoming utterly frustrating

That is because you're letting it. It is up to you to stop being stupid.

You have far, far more information on what is going on, how and why than you'd get from any other kind of company. That is the problem. For some reason, the fact that we have a lot of information leads some of you to believe that you are entitled to even more. "What happens now?" "What happens now?" "Are we there yet?" "If I don't get info NOW, I'm going to throw a tantrum and chuck my food on the carpet, SO THERE!!!".

I know all about this. I have a 6 year old son. I thought we were a bit older than that, mostly.

Honestly, if there was anything more exciting to tell you all, wouldn't you think that Craig or whoever would already have said it? As in, wouldn't that be the absolutely easiest way for Craig to get a few moments of peace from this constant nagging? So if noone says anything, nothing exciting happens. If you can't handle the worries about your queue number, then chuck it and forget about it.

Edit: The "chuck it" refers to the queue number - I.e. Forget about the queue number and be pleasantly surprised when it arrives. It is not to be read as a version of "Cancel your order".
 
Last edited by a moderator:

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 4, 2003
Messages
29,832
Age
44
Location
Ingolstadt
I think I posted the same information about the 200 Pandoras built right now in about four different threads... and we even have that stalker site which grabs every post me or Craig does from the boards...
So if anyone REALLY is interested what is happening right now... how could he overseen those many posts? :eek:
 

mr.miyagi

Member
Joined
Nov 10, 2004
Messages
192
Age
43
Location
Europe
Com on guys, take a pill and relax, I'm also among the first 1000 and have not received my pandora yet, but i'm 100% sure that they will sent it to me when it's ready.

I think it is unbelievable that they have come so far with this pandora, especially when many guys in here act like children for Christmas that can't open their presents before evening.

Remember that openPandora are not a giant company such as Nintendo or Sony who have billions of dollars behind them and I've never seen companies give so much information as Craig / ED gives us.

Craig and ED, I am 100% behind you and been that since the beginning, was back in 2006 or 2007 where people starting joking about create their own machine, damn miss these days
:)
 

GizmoTheGreen

Active Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
835
Age
31
Location
Tokyo, Japan
EvilDragon said:
I think I posted the same information about the 200 Pandoras built right now in about four different threads... and we even have that stalker site which grabs every post me or Craig does from the boards...
So if anyone REALLY is interested what is happening right now... how could he overseen those many posts? :eek:

I check that stalker site alteast once an hour, and up to 8 times an hour.
And I got my pandora already, haha
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top