Daily Updates?

Do you want daily updates?

• Total voters

L-Fin

Still Fresh
After waiting for 569 days since I ordered three Pandoras I finally had to register to this forum and request everyone's support for just one thing - daily updates on what's happening. I don't care how they would be done (twitter, forum, open-pandora.org, pandorapress.net, etc. are all fine with me) or what the update is ("no news today" is quite okay) as long as there would be _something_ worth re-loading all these various pages. The more detailed the update is the better and I'd love see shipment tracking numbers etc. tangible information but if the trade-off would be not to get the updates daily I don't need all that. I'd be more than happy with just a one-liner, maybe every evening UTC, that sums up what happened that day.

It's not too much to ask, is it?

I can see your point of view, but it seems like a bit of a waste of time just to type "We can't give you any news today" a lot of times, to me. :p

I don't think they can really give out their tracking numbers, come to think of it...

There's always the Craig-stalker Pandora Log by Alec, which collects information from here, Pandora Press, all of the team's Twitter accounts and other similar sources, automatically. It seems to pick up new things most days, lately. I don't know if that's a good stand-in, though. :p

EDIT: Good gracious, where are my manners? Welcome, and nice to meet you. :D

These people have personal lifes ,daily updates is too much for anyone ,i would say weekly update and Ed has been very forthcomming in giving us weekly updates but look what happend with the last major update via Ed ,he waited up all night to sync with usa time line so he could check his mails and then give us the much needed info ,he must have held off till around 4:30am to do this and still didn't get all the info in on time and everyone went nuts over the lack of correct info.

Yep ,even weekly updates sounds good but these problems like the one Ed had can't be helped so i say keep things the way they are and OPT only update when they really feel the need to ,7-10 days per update should bring in enough fresh info for everyone who doesn't sit at the forums all day and night all week long asking questions or reading all the answers that come from Ed ,Craig or MWeston.

When you think about all the stuff the guys do on the forum and also try to keep everything moving as well as trying to keep everyone happy by answering emails ,PM's and forum posts ,getting on with day to day life paying bills ,and working round the clock at the regular job ,i can't see how OPT can do anymore.

4/18/10- waiting on volcano
4/19/10- waiting on volcano
4/20/10- waiting on volcano
4/21/10- waiting on volcano
4/22/10- waiting on volcano
4/23/10- waiting on volcano

you get the point

craigix said:
Today's update would still be 'still waiting to hear from UPS about the shipment'.

and what about the cases? they're all packaged up and waiting to ship too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates is delays on something. If ED isnt writing updates he is working on the OS. If CraigX isnt updating he is trolling the boards and when MWeston isnt writing updates he is working on HW

EDIT:

Id like to see ED playing tLoZ:OOT on a n64 emulator on the pandora in 720p though

I think many of you are concentrating too much on the very recent events (=volcano). I could have posted this same question way before the volcano and still said the exact same thing.

I would think tweeting a "NOP" with a mobile phone sometime during the day wouldn't be that much of a burden. I would also say that after spending over a thousand dollars and waiting for 569 days this would be just basic customer service.

Then again if the majority of people who have ordered a Pandora think daily updates is too much I'll accept that, too.

Hmm, let me see. Would I rather get an update every day OR not get an update every day?

I just can't see the logic in NOT WANTING to get a daily update. Will we get a daily update? Doubt it. But seriously, why on earth come to these forums if you don't want updates?

aliking said:
I just can't see the logic in NOT WANTING to get a daily update.
Look at Craig's quote above. Then read it repeatedly for as many days as it takes for UPS to get back to them. ;) Do you see now?

But seriously, why on earth come to these forums if you don't want updates?
For the community and the taking part in stuff. :p

EvilDragon has been giving weeklyish updates to the official blog for a while now. That's suited me just fine. If a typical day is "nothing new to report" then daily updates will get boring pretty quickly.
If you want more up to the minute updates, just follow Craigix and EvilDragon on twitter. They typical release information as it comes in. As soon as ED has finished something to do with the OS, he tweets it. Craig gets some new pictures, he posts them. If they don't tweet anything, it's reasonably safe to say that the day has been pretty boring.

jb0yx said:
4/18/10- waiting on volcano
4/19/10- waiting on volcano
4/20/10- waiting on volcano
4/21/10- waiting on volcano
4/22/10- waiting on volcano
4/23/10- waiting on volcano

you get the point

This made my day. I wish someone did that so I could laugh...

craigix said:
Today's update would still be 'still waiting to hear from UPS about the shipment'.
Did you hear from the cininese Factory? They "promised" to finish the painting for 1000 Cases at the 20. April. ;) Of course I could bet a Million that they not even started at the 20. April. :lol:

I'd like a daily update, actually. (inb4more"volcano") Not so much saying "Oh we've done this, done that" but more like stuff saying that "Hey, we're not dead" with little "We've done this, and that" sprinkled through out.

If not that than at least two updates a week.

fusion_power said:
Did you hear from the cininese Factory? They "promised" to finish the painting for 1000 Cases at the 20. April. ;) Of course I could bet a Million that they not even started at the 20. April. :lol:

Chinese factory manager's response to question about their promise:

什么?这意味着什么承诺?英语是疯了!

gibberish said:
craigix said:

and what about the cases? they're all packaged up and waiting to ship too?

As far as I know they are going to arrive at about the same time - when that time will be I don't yet know, but I think UPS will be caught up by monday.

Given the choice between getting an update that said the same thing as yesterday (and the days before) and getting no update, I'd take the former. Psychologically speaking, it's reassuring.

When I click a link in a browser - I see a little animated picture that lets me know things are going on. I don't think - 'God, it's interminable having that animated thing there always doing the same thing'. And if it were not there I wouldn't say - 'Well, I'm sure the browser will let me know once something has happened', no, I'd be like 'WTF? Is this friggin browser doing anything?'

Another way to look at this is: IF the team were giving daily updates would you want them to stop? Would you not read them? Would it be worse to have daily updates?

Back