Wrapping everything up!

This is Great, but ditnt you want to post in the "From Greece whit Love" Threadt ??

Hello everibody, please excuse my english, im a noob in english

Would you mind to at least try a little bit to improve your english if you write here so much? It's really a pain to read and to a certain extend it seems to be just from not paying attention - e.g. it's with, not whit, and you're spelling it wrong every single time. I guess there should be a learning curve just from reading in the forums...

^^ I couldn't disagree more, I find matzesu's English charming and funny, it's clearly way better than my German...

If you don't like it, don't read his posts.

@matzesu I will from this point forward forever call tissues, nose towels, brilliant, just brilliant.

Xtreme: It hardly seems courteous to complain about other people's language skills!
We've lots of non-native users of English here, and there's far more value in being inclusive than in being pedantic.

Hello everibody, please excuse my english, im a noob in english

There is nothing to excuse! We know what you mean, and that's the only thing that matters.

Wenn wir nur in deutsch schruben, würde erstens niemand anders als uns paar deutschsprachige Nutzer was verstehen, und zweitens sind viele Menschen immer noch traumatisiert wegen der Zeit des tausendjährigen Reiches..

So I have to try harder with my English..

Wenn wir nur in deutsch schruben, würde erstens niemand anders als uns paar deutschsprachige Nutzer was verstehen, und zweitens sind viele Menschen immer noch traumatisiert wegen der Zeit des tausendjährigen Reiches..

So I have to try harder with my English..

You can try as harder or softer with your English or any other language as you please. Don't let others push you to it (nor discourage you either).

Pyra ist ein einzelig Project. Ich hatte Zeit, als ich für mein Pyra gewartet habe, anzufangen, Deutsch zu lernen. Sehen Sie mal, matzesu, Ihr Englisch ist besser als mein Deutsch.
Aber ich vermute, dass ich in zweiten Monaten ganz gut Deutsch lernen kann, oder?
Ihr paar deutschsprachige Nutzer könnten doch uns alle Deutsch lernen helfen, wenn sie Deutsch schrieben möchten. Ich könnte auch traumatisiert sein wegen Englisch über alles, oder eine Sprache, irgendwas, über anderen Sprachen. Spräche sind nie gefahrlich. Trotzdem sind einige Ideen doch so.

But I think you're even able to help native English speakers learn things they hadn't thought of when you write in English.

Schreiben Sie wie Sie möchten, Englisch, Deutsch, richtig oder mit Fehlen. Ich wird gern Ihr auf Deutsch, Englisch oder vielleicht anderen Sprache lesen, die nachritchen sind frei.

Simply please let everyone write in any language they please, as good or bad as they can, with or without physical keyboards or autocorrections, and simply read what you are comfortable reading, and ignore the rest. Nobody is required to exert themselves beyond their convenience understanding anything, but nodoby gets the privilege to impose any language skills, or language choice on others. One will be happier when one can ignore what one can't or doesn't care to understand, instead of being disturbed by diversity.

Last edited:
This whit the trauma was meant like : in the 1930/1940thes, lots of people in Europe heard German because Squats from the SS and the Wehrmacht ocupied big parts of Europe because a Austrian Guy whit just one Egg and one mustache..
They shout orders in German, so lots of the older people will be traumatized if they hear German..
You know „Eva!! “ “Mein Leben” !!

This whit the trauma was meant like : in the 1930/1940thes, lots of people in Europe heard German because Squats from the SS and the Wehrmacht ocupied big parts of Europe because a Austrian Guy whit just one Egg and one mustache..
They shout orders in German, so lots of the older people will be traumatized if they hear German..
I have just finished the second season of this great series on the basis of a book written by Philip K. Dick:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1740299/
Apart from just being well written, what I really like about it, is, that the actual Nazis (not just Germans, also ) are still presented as human beings with their own view on "right or wrong" and everyone tries to do the "right" thing from their point of (often quite misguided from our perspective) view while the script still isn't soft-pedaling it.
Unfortunately it's an Amazon Prime Exclusive, so no Blu-Ray box so far.

As a native German speaker, it's hilarious to see the mix of German and American/British actors occasionally speaking German since the difference is vast, but they all tried so hard to get the phonetics right, that it still sounds way better than in any other production.

So what? The trauma is because what they did to them, not because of the language used doing it. I've never heard a survivor saying "oh, if they would only have raided us in good old Latin! that'd've been much better!".
Traumatised people can be triggered by language, as they could by color, clothing style or anything, but that's not a real cause for other people to avoid those triggers.
They could also be traumatised by the victims language (Hebrew ? Polish ?, excuse my ignorance), because it just brings memory of the disaster.
Besides, there are lots of more recent victims of English speaking troops than of German speaking troops (as far as I know).
Lots of people around the world could be traumatised by English, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Arabian. Bantu, Hindi, Russian... It's very hard to think of one language that has never had enough violence expressed through it to cause trauma.
In fact I can only think of Occitan (which can cause trauma too, because it was on the receiving end of the Simon de Montfort cleansing and invasion in the thirteenth century). But I'm sure it is just because I'm uninformed
of history (I've heard Bordèu was involved in slave trade, but I'm not sure what language was spoken, maybe French, maybe Gascon). It's all possibly irrelevant as too old and no witnesses alive, but again what do I know.

Mmm... or maybe Esperanto or Lojban have never had any army using them and are safer in this regard ?

I don't mean to relativise or minimise the Holocaust in any way at all. I just want to plead that it bears no relation to language. Even if the criminals themselves might have said it was about language (inter alia), it was just another lie.
I'm sure the traumas you claim are real, but they're still no reason to choose a language.
Yet you don't need a reason to choose a language, you're welcome to use or avoid German for any reason or none at all, and I may be overdoing it, so I'll leave it at this.

yeah i don't think many of those traumatized people are viewing these boards ^^. they must be.pretty old by now.

there's far more value in being inclusive than in being pedantic
One can be both. i.e. being inclusive and giving helpful feedback. Language works best, when some conventions be regarded. And when everybody regards and understands the conventions, then you gain some playground to play with the thing w/o loosing understandebility, I think.

Would you mind to at least try a little bit to improve your english if you write here so much? It's really a pain to read and to a certain extend it seems to be just from not paying attention - e.g. it's with, not whit, and you're spelling it wrong every single time. I guess there should be a learning curve just from reading in the forums...
My grandfather once said, "If they want to sell me stuff, they can learn the language." We were standing in a merchant stall in an open air market in Mexico City at the time. You just did the equivalent.

This is an international forum for a German company's products. Since the English speaking world doesn't bother to teach other languages beyond a rudimentary level, but most of Europe teaches English as a co-language, the use of English here is a convenience for us - not a mandate for everyone else. We, (those of us with English as a sole or primary language) owe them all a great thanks for accommodating us. Frankly, you owe @matzesu an apology. Preferably painstakingly translated into formal German.

Simply please let everyone write in any language they please, as good or bad as they can, with or without physical keyboards or autocorrections, and simply read what you are comfortable reading, and ignore the rest. Nobody is required to exert themselves beyond their convenience understanding anything, but nodoby gets the privilege to impose any language skills, or language choice on others. One will be happier when one can ignore what one can't or doesn't care to understand, instead of being disturbed by diversity.
While I agree with the spirit of this, there is a convention here to try to be understood by a general audience who understand english. As such, I appreciate the effort the Matzezu goes to, even if it's slightly harder to comprehend, it's equally commonly rather more amusing that it would have been written straight.

Thanks, @rygD. As a child one gets help like that all the time, but from some age on people stop doing it. All of a sudden it's regarded as being rude. I myself had to give up the practice - people seemed to deem me arrogant or something. Just another root of stupidity, if you ask me.

Wenn ihr kein Problem damit habt, das ich in der Sprache der Deutschen rede die sich auch in 2019 immer noch nicht wirklich von der Sprache unterscheided, welche die Nazis in den 1940er Jahren gesprochen haben, dann probiere ich mal zweisprachig zu posten, dann müssen die deutschsprechenden Mitglieder nicht mein komisches English zurückübersetzen wenn sie antworten wollen, und die englisch Sprachigen haben zumindendest die Changse ein bisschen was zu verstehen..

If you dotnt have a issue, if i speeck the german languege, which is also in 2019 bareley the same language, the Nazis speeck in the 1940th, then i try to write in two languages, so the German Speaking peaple dosnt have to translate back if they want to answer me, and the English Speaking Peaple may understand what i mean..

Back