What Is The Status Of...

mali said:
It's pretty much irrelevant if I'm defensive or not ;) That "You can have you money back" is just not appropriate style to answer simple questions.

specially when a third is lost in transaction tax and curency changes...

Last edited by a moderator:
mali said:
craigix said:
If you are not happy you can have your money back.

Craig, this sentence is ridiculous. You are getting way to defensive way to early.

Craig wasn't being defensive, he was just telling the truth, telling it how it is.

EDIT: You see, it's like that with a lot of things in life. Examples below.

- If you're not happy with what's on TV/the channel, then change the channel or switch the TV off

- If you're not happy here on the forums, then just leave

- If you're not happy with the state of the Pandora, then get your money back and buy a PS3

- If you're not happy with your food at the restaurant, eat it then afterwards spit in the Chef's face

- If you're not happy with your wife, file for a divorce

- If you're not happy with the lack of toilet paper in the loo, use your hands

I'm with craig and chip in this case. Even tho I don't know where the number for "200 units" comes from - 200 boards is probably what is meant, especially since the case is not done.
If you start such a topic you should at least have read the latest updates.
We have seen pictures of the power-adapters and video-cables already. I would assume that these are done.
Designing the whole case (and Pandora..) is done already for some time. All it needs is to be produced and some changes have to be done to be able to produce it. And even that is almost done it seems - only the finishing is tweaked right now (At least that is what we were told).

SONY, telling someone to leave _before_ he says that he is unhappy is something different, don't you agree?
I don't want to continue a pointless argument, so I'll stop here.

Stay tuned for some comments maybe in a different thread, if I spot the scheme again :)

IIRC MW said that the boards are currently being populated and tested in batches of 500. ~200 seems like an odd number but to me far more likely to be ~200 completed Pandoras then ~200 completed boards. I see no reason why they would have made only ~95 additional boards when they already had made 105.

the thing that i find most frustrating about some of these spiralling conversations is that it fusses over irrelevant details as if it is a crucial nugget of news when it is all fairly moot due to other issues. it doesnt really matter how many boards have been populated and is just idle and meaningless inquiry when the important part right now is the case. we know they cant really store more populated boards so it doesnt matter how many are done really. we need the cases to get anywhere and the number of boards is just hugely unimportant. why are we going round and round and round over non issues? does it just entertain people to have arguements about semantics and tiny bits of half non-news. get a grip everyone!

RenegadeChic said:
does it just entertain people to have arguements about semantics and tiny bits of half non-news. get a grip everyone!
Since these threads never end, yes it seems to entertain some people.

craigix said:
(how do you think we have now built ~200 units?).

can I have one please?

craigix said:
I doubt anyone on the team has the time to spare to go though that list, especially when we know we have all the components (how do you think we have now built ~200 units?).

All you really need is a really simple piece of software to keep track of the parts.

200 boards? That seems to miss the point of the questions! I think Craig is talking about 200 full "test" units! IMO! ;)

Chris

I'm imagining a field of 200 Pandoras... My God, it beautiful :*)

Ok I'll be the first:

Please, please, pretty please give us a pic of 200 finished pandoras :D

craigix said:
(how do you think we have now built ~200 units?).
screenshot or it didn't happen...

0 chance that Craig is talking about 200 finished Pandoras. The way he's phrased this, he absolutely should be talking about finished units, but I doubt he is.

a

I'm a little concerned about craig's drinking. I hope all of this hasn't made him an alcoholic :(

I find it odd that if, and I say if very hesitantly, the Pandora is close to being finished.. within 1 month...
Then the case should be done.. All other parts seem to be done and waiting.. Why have we not see pictures or heard a clear update on the
cases ??

I know it is not a big deal as compared to the unit itself, but I sill would like to hear an update.
Since it is a slow time... kinda waiting for things to get done.. why not some good news to steady the troupes..

If there has already been an update, I apologize and offer myself as a sacrifice to the lords of the forum..

David...

craigix said:
I doubt anyone on the team has the time to spare to go though that list, especially when we know we have all the components (how do you think we have now built ~200 units?).

You have 200+ units built? Is this excluding the 105 or including? Either way, why have these units not shipped? If everything is going smooth I would assume that as things are put together that you could/should ship them. Also it would be good for business to ship them unless, I am guessing, the OS is not ready completely yet?

Exophase said:
I'm a little concerned about craig's drinking. I hope all of this hasn't made him an alcoholic :(
Maybe he is a functioning alcoholic?!

Derek said:
Exophase said:

Maybe Exophase was concerned for Craig's general health, rather than if he'll still be able to see the Pandora project through?

Pleng said:
Derek said:

Maybe Exophase was concerned for Craig's general health, rather than if he'll still be able to see the Pandora project through?

Yes, I'm concerned for his health :\ I don't think being an alcoholic can ever not be bad for a person.

Back