Current Status Of All The Parts

rOOtwOOt i am sure those guys will be tops are building our pandora units ,if they are that possitive about wanting to help and take time off work and travel then you can be asured they will be happy to help and do a great job ,i wish i was helping :( i really do but i am a family man now with a 2 year old and lots of commitments ,to me it would have been a great experience to work with OPT and actuly really help them out and i am sure other guys that can help will feel te same and will be full up for it.

PADDY

paddy said:
rOOtwOOt i am sure those guys will be tops are building our pandora units ,if they are that possitive about wanting to help and take time off work and travel then you can be asured they will be happy to help and do a great job ,i wish i was helping :( i really do but i am a family man now with a 2 year old and lots of commitments ,to me it would have been a great experience to work with OPT and actuly really help them out and i am sure other guys that can help will feel te same and will be full up for it.

PADDY

yeah when you put it that way I realize this :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Going by the above logic, and the fact I'm somewhere between 3900 - 4000 of the queue (I've been told this), it's possible I will receive mine before the 7th of June when I go away, but I'm going to do myself a favour and assume it won't be. No point in getting my hopes up. =) I'll take my GP32 with me!

Mantis said:
Going by the above logic, and the fact I'm somewhere between 3900 - 4000 of the queue (I've been told this), it's possible I will receive mine before the 7th of June when I go away, but I'm going to do myself a favour and assume it won't be. No point in getting my hopes up. =) I'll take my GP32 with me!

You do know that the remaining cases (9000) + an undefined number of boards still need to be manufactured, right? In your case, having a plan B for that trip seems a good choice ;-) I'm also in the 3900-4000 (ordered november 2009), my trip is on the 28th of June and I don't think I will get my pandora by that date... in fact I have set up m limit date to cancel the order around that time since I will be out of the country for a month... now that everything seems so close I'm doubting again... arghhhh... :( I woudl have to change the delivery address in that case... we'll see how things evolve in the next 2 weeks (and not 2 months for a change :))

kikeminchas said:
Mantis said:

You do know that the remaining cases (9000) + an undefined number of boards still need to be manufactured, right? In your case, having a plan B for that trip seems a good choice ;-) I'm also in the 3900-4000 (ordered november 2009), my trip is on the 28th of June and I don't think I will get my pandora by that date... in fact I have set up m limit date to cancel the order around that time since I will be out of the country for a month... now that everything seems so close I'm doubting again... arghhhh... :( I woudl have to change the delivery address in that case... we'll see how things evolve in the next 2 weeks (and not 2 months for a change :) )

I guess I didn't really think about the additional boards and cases, heh. I only just ordered to be honest, so I've been a bit excited. Funny I'm at the same position as you despite that. Possibly because of numerous cancellations? I don't know. I might be in France for up to a month, so that's my big concern if it doesn't arrive by the 7th. It's good we're receiving fairly regular updates though.

All right, now that Craig confirmed he's got the cases, we are all waiting for photos and more comments on the cases quality...

From Craig's Twitter:

I'm happy with the cases and all the parts are here. Now it's going to take a weekend to just organise all this kit. (still no gp32x here)

I guess that also means green light to begin producing the remaining 9,000 cases and buttons in China. :D

Cuetzpalin said:
From Craig's Twitter:

I'm happy with the cases and all the parts are here. Now it's going to take a weekend to just organise all this kit. (still no gp32x here)

I guess that also means green light to begin producing the remaining 9,000 cases and buttons in China. :D
No, ED just wrote in the german board (source) that the green light has to come from MWeston. And as we know already (source) MWeston will arrive at Craigs on Wednesday. So sometime on Wednesday he might give the green light for the rest of the cases.

id say that if MWeston give go ahead on thursday or friday the last cases and parts should be with the shortly after they have made the 1st 1000 as they will take quite a while to make. Easily 2 weeks id say which is plenty of time for the chinese to make and ship them. But it depends how quickly they start

meandu229 said:
id say that if MWeston give go ahead on thursday or friday the last cases and parts should be with the shortly after they have made the 1st 1000 as they will take quite a while to make. Easily 2 weeks id say which is plenty of time for the chinese to make and ship them. But it depends how quickly they start

I guess (wish, hope, that is) that the chinese company will want to fullfill the order as soon as possible.
I think they should be fed up with our constant phoning up and asking for updates - and yes, the mould has been paid as well as the first 1000 cases, but payment for the rest will be done once they finish them... so, the sooner they finish, the sooner they receive the money.

I'm positive the cases will be fine - as both Michael was okay with the samples and Craig with the ones that arrived.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
I think they should be fed up with our constant phoning up and asking for updates - and yes, the mould has been paid as well as the first 1000 cases, but payment for the rest will be done once they finish them... so, the sooner they finish, the sooner they receive the money.
HeHe, finaly, a very clever move! ^_^
Good, that you didn't payed all 10K cases before they were made. Now I really want to see how the Company acts, when their money depends from the finishing of the Cases. :D

EvilDragon said:
payment for the rest will be done once they finish them
You know a lot of people complaining about how you do business would have been avoided if you'd just said this last year when it was said you had to pay them fully up-front. :p

WizardStan said:
EvilDragon said:
payment for the rest will be done once they finish them
You know a lot of people complaining about how you do business would have been avoided if you'd just said this last year when it was said you had to pay them fully up-front. :p

+1

I thought it was confirmed that the Chinese Case Co had been paid in full.

you got to love how speculation turns to fact and the havoc it creates around here

[edit] my awful spelling

MonkeyChops said:

you got to love how speculation turns to fact and the havoc it creates around here

[edit] my awful spelling
I speculate it wasn't speculation but was said as fact, or just not explained very well no matter how many times they tried.

MonkeyChops said:

It was yet another one of those "rumours" started by OpenPandora.

it was said by Cx or ED i dont really recall, but it was posted as a fact.

Well,

Now that MWeston has said that "Everything does look good to go so we can start setting up right away", I assume that does means a green light for the chinese factory to produce the rest of the 9,000 cases. Or at least the remaining 3,000 to complete the first batch.

Cuetzpalin said:
Well,

Now that MWeston has said that "Everything does look good to go so we can start setting up right away", I assume that does means a green light for the chinese factory to produce the rest of the 9,000 cases. Or at least the remaining 3,000 to complete the first batch.

You must be new here. Don't assume :p

Back