What is an excellent game to play on the Open Pandora?

25frc5i.png

Here are a couple games that I think everyone should give at least a chance:

Crash Bandicoot (3 is my favorite)

Wario Land 3

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow

Castlevania Aria of Sorrow
The mother of Aria of Sorrow is Castlevania Symphony of the NIght and it plays wonderfully on Pandora. And it's better than Aria of Sorrow, too :)
Yeah I do like that game too. I just really enjoy collecting the souls. I know some people don't like it, but I enjoyed it. When I played Symphony of the night on the Pandora, that was the first time I got all 200.6% It was well worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pandora Elite is one of the Pandora's greatest games, but for some reason its not on the repo. You can get it here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/4479-pandora-elite-beta/?hl=elite/URL]

It's a pitty that the download link in this thread doesn't work any more.

This sure looked nice.

(I was playing Elite quite a lot back in the days on my C64)
Braben (one of the original authors of Elite) has requested that the guy who originally wrote Elite-TNK take it down; he's still trying to make a living off Elite - and he's aggressively defending his IP. It's not as if he's just sitting on it either - Frontier developments are making what is shaping up to be a hell of a game out of it...

Anyone that wants the PND might want to head into private messaging, as someone here (cough, cough) has the latest version.

D.

Pandora Elite is one of the Pandora's greatest games, but for some reason its not on the repo. You can get it here: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/4479-pandora-elite-beta/?hl=elite/URL]
It's a pitty that the download link in this thread doesn't work any more.
This sure looked nice.
(I was playing Elite quite a lot back in the days on my C64)
Braben (one of the original authors of Elite) has requested that the guy who originally wrote Elite-TNK take it down; he's still trying to make a living off Elite - and he's aggressively defending his IP. It's not as if he's just sitting on it either - Frontier developments are making what is shaping up to be a hell of a game out of it...

Anyone that wants the PND might want to head into private messaging, as someone here (cough, cough) has the latest version.

D.
And the Original Dos Elite Plus?
Was it not Freeware?
I was shure that Elite is Freeware,or not?

When yes can i maybe make a Elite Plus PND for us over Qemu in Backend :)

Was it not Freeware?

I would be hesitant. Although Ian Bell (one of the original authors) has many versions of Elite available for download on his web pages, he has the right to offer them because he part owns the IP. Christian Pinder, who reverse-engineered Elite and created Elite-TNK from that effort, was asked politely by David Braben not to distribute it, and he complied as the copyright belongs to both Bell and Braben.

Nobody else has the rights to distribute any of the Elite ports, and as Braben has exercised his right to prevent distribution in the past, I'd expect him to come down pretty hard on anyone who did so - especially as the sequel (Elite IV) is due out early next year.

You could try and release a QEmu version, but you'd be risking a very nasty prosecution if Braben felt that you were infringing his IP rights.

D.

Was it not Freeware?

I would be hesitant. Although Ian Bell (one of the original authors) has many versions of Elite available for download on his web pages, he has the right to offer them because he part owns the IP. Christian Pinder, who reverse-engineered Elite and created Elite-TNK from that effort, was asked politely by David Braben not to distribute it, and he complied as the copyright belongs to both Bell and Braben.

Nobody else has the rights to distribute any of the Elite ports, and as Braben has exercised his right to prevent distribution in the past, I'd expect him to come down pretty hard on anyone who did so - especially as the sequel (Elite IV) is due out early next year.

You could try and release a QEmu version, but you'd be risking a very nasty prosecution if Braben felt that you were infringing his IP rights.

D.
i wonder then why he has not done anything about oolite? its been around since early 2000's

Because oolite does not use proprietary code. Its just a recreation of Elite. not a carbon copy.
This. Braben doesn't own the genre; anyone can make an Elite clone - even with the same ships, so long as they don't use the original meshes. TNK was a reverse-engineering of the original game from a disassembly, so broke the rules somewhat.

D.

Back