First Game to Play

Muggie

Still Fresh
What game did you play first on your Pandora, or what is the game you plan to play first when you get your Pandora?

I'm having trouble deciding myself, but probably something I have fond memories of playing when I was younger. Maybe Punch Out! for NES or something like that.

Super Mario Bros is the first game I play for any system that supports it. Period. It was my first video game ever, so it always feels like I come full circle when I get a new device that can emulate. :D It's kinda like the "Hello World" of emulation!

After that? Probably Symphony of the Night, assuming PCSX ReARMed plays it at a good speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
A boy and his blob will have to be my first.

I'll also have to check into porting Mincraft (Source code is easily obtainable using deobs on minecraft forums) I doubt it will go fast though.

I was a late comer, so my first game (played on Pandora) was...

Super%20Mario%2064.gif

I wanted it to be Klonoa: Door to Phantomile, but PCSXreARMed kept crashing when loading the stage (and still does in r9), So the first game was Super Mario 64. :)

My first game i played on the Pandora was Final Fantasy IX. A very big experience to be running that game, in that quality on a handheld. Was awesome.

Rockman & Forte (the original Japanese version of Mega Man & Bass, for the Super Famicom) was mine, via Snes9x4D4P (as it was called back then). :p

Super Mario 64, I think. Also, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night runs beautifully.

Super Mario 64, I think. Also, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night runs beautifully.

Really? I took my EBOOT (PSP) rip that I did from the US/NTSC "classics" version and find that the audio (probably cd audio) is a bit choppy. Is it my rip, I wonder? Anyway the "miserable pile of secrets!" samples sound fine as does MDEC audio, any ideas?

This is running at 600mhz.

You get the latest version? R9 just came out, and it improves speed, among many other things. Maybe try another rip if that doesn't help?

Dunno, sorry, but I'll eat my hat if Prometheus doesn't know.
Do you want some flavourings to go with your hat, BP? Miso noodle furikake, perhaps?

That is to say, I'm afraid I don't know. :p Legends is actually closer to my least-favourites of the entire series (it's third up from the bottom, out of all seven sub-series), so whilst I've ripped my discs, I haven't felt compelled to actually test them since several PCSX-ReARMed releases ago.

If anyone wants me to test with R9, I'll be happy to do so, though, but bear in mind that I am from a PAL region, so my results may differ to those from NTSC areas.

I dont know yet, but probably my first game will be Lotus II or Lotus III on the Amiga emulator.

Soon after that I'll probably try Doom.

Then everything else in random order.

Lotus II&III have ben my favourite games on the Amiga, and I still find myself playing those for hours when I feel I need a little flashback.

Doom 1&2 are the other games that I never get tired to play for some reason.

Too bad that Interstate'76 will never run on the Pandora!!!

At least there's the old NFS, Driver and Colin McRae Rallye 2.0 along with RoadRash (the Amiga Version is nice as well) on PSXreARMed to compensate for that great loss. So I'll be happy.

I've never been into consoles though, and this will be my first handheld ... because to me it's more a tiny computer and not a gaming device, and I intend to use it also for woking as much as I (and it) can! :)

I dont know yet, but probably my first game will be Lotus II or Lotus III on the Amiga emulator.

Soon after that I'll probably try Doom.

Then everything else in random order.

Lotus II&III have ben my favourite games on the Amiga, and I still find myself playing those for hours when I feel I need a little flashback.

Doom 1&2 are the other games that I never get tired to play for some reason.

Too bad that Interstate'76 will never run on the Pandora!!!

At least there's the old NFS, Driver and Colin McRae Rallye 2.0 along with RoadRash (the Amiga Version is nice as well) on PSXreARMed to compensate for that great loss. So I'll be happy.

I've never been into consoles though, and this will be my first handheld ... because to me it's more a tiny computer and not a gaming device, and I intend to use it also for woking as much as I (and it) can! :)

It isn't Interstate '76 (Which I was driving on last week for real), but Stunts works under DosBox.

Back