Games That You Can't Wait To Play On Your Pandora.

Karas

Still Fresh
These last couple of months I have found myself holding out on playing a game just so I can play it on the Pandora with a good screen and nice controls. For me a keyboard just doesn't seem right while playing a game intended for a console and the xbox controller doesn't feel right either. So here is a list of a few games that I will be playing when I finally get a Pandora in my hands (and the proper emulator is released...).

MOTHER 3
Mother-3-screenshot-num1-w0.jpg

I actually already played through this one when the fan translation patch was released a while ago but I can't wait to have it in my pocket. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this game it was released for the gameboy advanced but only in japan. After Nintendo showed no intent of translating it some fans took it into their own hands made a patch for it. Its a sequel to another great game for the snes called earthbound. This is one of my favorite games of all time and I would highly recommend it for rpg fans and anyone else for that matter.

Resident Evil series
219537-resident_evil_screen_super.jpg

I'm sure everyone is familiar with this franchise but maybe hasn't played the earlier installments in the series.
I played the first one on my psp and enjoyed it alot but it was kind of a pain to make the iso run on the psp and the capacity of my memory stick was too low to keep it on there for an extended length of time so I never played any of the other ones. Again I recommend these games for anyone who may have missed them on the PSX and enjoys a good survival horror game.

Cave Story
Cave-Story_1.png

Assuming this one gets ported, I will finally give this game a good sit down and play through it. I started playing this one on the PC but seeing as my parents are divorced and I go back and forth between houses it makes it a pain to progress. Also the keyboard just doesn't feel right for a platformer like this, I really prefer a solid button to hit. I've heard nothing but good reviews of this one and I hope I can play this on my pandora soon.

Quake series
q3-logo.jpg

I have actually never played any of these games. It seems like these ports could make excellent multilayer possible on the pandora. I also plan to use these games to show off what the pandora can do because it's a widely recognized game.

Worms Armageddon
worms_armageddon_003.jpg

I used to spend hours playing this game on the pc when I was younger. The PSX version should be great to pass around to my friends for short local multilayer games.

Well that's all I can really think. I would love to here what everyone else is looking forward to playing emulated or not.

Here we go!

Final Fantasy 7 - 9 all the way through, should take me the first few months,

playstation_Final_Fantasy_VII-Combat.jpg

Then, point and click adventure games, mainly Broken Sword.

broken_sword_170805.jpg

^^ One of my favourite games ever.

So I will be mostly replaying.

Not sure about after that.

assuming the PSX emulator has the compatabity I'll probably be playing a lot of my old playstation games, Mostly the imports like Gunner's Heaven, Crime crackers and ZanacXZanac.
gh19.jpg

cc3.jpg

zanacneo5.png

I also have a ton of TG16, Genesis, NES and SNES games that I didnt finish while my GP2X was playable. (it's still playable but I never bothered to get a new joystick cap so it's a pain but then again the controller was never really very good to begin with.)

I'm hoping it'll be possible to play some Turboduo, segaCD, and Neogeo games soon as well. I'm eager to see what original games come along too.

A whole bunch of PSX games, but in particular,

Xenogears (which I've played before... three times... but not for the last four years or so, and have been holding off to play it on the move)

Breath of Fire 3 & 4 which are just amazing. They're both incredibly pretty for psx era games, even on a big screen, and in my opinion are much deeper games than any of the PSX Final Fantasy games, no matter how good those may be.

Tales of Destiny I think. And probably the PSX version of Tales of Phantasia too - I believe it is supposed to be rather superior to the SNES one, awesome though the SNES one is.

Non-psx games?

Mother 3 - OP was dead on with this one.

Quest For Glory 1-3 (and 4 if it runs), since Dosbox should have gotten good enough for these at last. Same for Space Quest 4-6 and Ecoquest 1 & 2 (the latter of which is another of those incredibly underrated adventure games from days of yore.)

Almost anything that's been translated to English in the last 12 months on Romhacking, too. There's been some nice releases that I've been carefully forgetting about so as to rediscover them later.

MOTHER3!! but i already finished the japanese version, menu patch, and unofficial translation. that's how much of a freak i am <_< . also, unless you can get a perfect gameboy advance emulator, the music battle system is going to be a little off so you'll be pulling off those 16-hit combos even less frequently

I'm kinda keen on getting DOSBox warmed up and working on the Pandora. Pickle was starting to get it working pretty well on the GP2x, but the control schemes were difficult to set up and some games really needed that keyboard to get off the ground.

So my choice for a game is "Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space":

Buzz%20Aldrins%20Race%20into%20Space_2.png

Just a warning.. that game is bloody hard.

That and the original Soul Caliber for the PSX. (In 1997, my daughter was nicknamed "Seung Mina" in utero because she kicked so much.)

I just thought about this; the Pandora will br the first device that I can play Gunstar Heroes, Gunstar Super Heroes, and Gunner's Heaven all on one system!

Here's another one I thought of...

The Curse Of Monkey Island
curse-of-monkey-island-voodoo-priestess.jpg

This is a great point and click adventure game and when I first read the pandora had a touch screen this is what I thought of immediately. It should be fun re playing this along with similar games.

Trevor Bradley said:
I'm kinda keen on getting DOSBox warmed up and working on the Pandora. Pickle was starting to get it working pretty well on the GP2x, but the control schemes were difficult to set up and some games really needed that keyboard to get off the ground.

So my choice for a game is "Buzz Aldrin's Race into Space":

Buzz%20Aldrins%20Race%20into%20Space_2.png

Just a warning.. that game is bloody hard.

That and the original Soul Caliber for the PSX. (In 1997, my daughter was nicknamed "Seung Mina" in utero because she kicked so much.)

I will be very interested in getting DOSBox to work properly on Pandora ASAP, it will easily be a killer app. It will probably be something i get to work on the moment i receive my Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
Karas said:
Here's another one I thought of...

The Curse Of Monkey Island
This is a great point and click adventure game and when I first read the pandora had a touch screen this is what I thought of immediately. It should be fun re playing this along with similar games.
+9000

I'll be so playing this!
Also:

quake3.jpg

Quake 3 Arena! I hope it does get ready until March/April (whenever the Pandora ships). Wifi matches against fellow Panda-users ftw!

+ Final Fantasy 7-9, as already mentioned. After that I'll be probably looking into more good Playstation games, never owned one myself and so I've never really gotten into the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a list of games i'm willing to play on pandora:

PSX games
GTA & GTA2:
54119957db3bea0cfcc36aebf10e79.png

These already run with an "ok" speed on GP2X
Abe's Oddysee & Abe's Exoddus:
5c443f72f299ac6b39667cd1225c66.png

Abe's Oddysee is already playable on GP2X

N64 games (if we're gonna have an emulator)
Conker's Bad Fur Day, GoldenEye:
e2c11931e74294c539c344758cac65.png

And some other classics, like Mario 64, Mariokart 64, Zelda games

Frontier: Elite II and other Elite series games
15f4fc872d2aa15d475baa65610ad6.png

This one should run natively, as there is a reverse engineered source code that was already ported to GP2X.
And if won't, it still can be emulated via amiga, atari ST, or dosbox.

Edit:
Oh, and of course roguelike games (especially Ivan).
How could I forget about them!

These come to mind:

-Final Fantasy Tactics (The only PSX game I own)
BattleGrid.jpg

-Urban Terror (as soon as Quake 3 is ported at a decent speed)
20070915140157834_5.jpg

-Marathon 1, Marathon 2: Durandal, and Marathon Infinity (using software renderer until I or somebody else ports it to OGLES)
AlephOne2.jpg

-The Alpha Testing Game (AKA, testing OGLES games I attempt to code)

-Angband/Nethack
nethackbig.jpg

EDIT: Added images

Amiga! No surprise there.

Some mame, outrun at 60FPS with the volume loud.

Posting on here.

I'm also going to make a commercial game again.

Metal gear solid on PSX. Then maybe I'll see if system shock will run on dosbox (I'm doubtful it will, but it's worth a try).

Back