The One Game You Can't Wait To Play

I've wanted handheld Diddy Kong Racing... basically ever since I played Diddy Kong Racing. :p Mario Kart as well. I've hacked N64 games for a while now and I believe Pandora should certainly be able to run them at full speed, with tight enough code.

A SNES emulator that actually manages a reasonable speed will be nice too. I don't know how the PSP port manages to be so slow with about 100 times the processing power of a SNES. >.>

I also really look forward to developing some games of my own. Other platforms have not been ideal for this. DS and PSP require hacking and/or accessories from random Chinese websites to run homebrew, so the userbase isn't all that big, the software/SDK support tends to be bad (more "get it working" than anything), and there are always legal issues. Netbooks and laptops are hardly ideal for handheld gaming. So Pandora is really nice for people who'd like to develop open handheld games.

I wonder if Second Life will be able to run on Pandora? The client is open-source, but it is rather graphically intense.

I think the PSP runs it slowly because of the processor architecture (possibly, I could be wrong...)

⬡ said:
I've wanted handheld Diddy Kong Racing... basically ever since I played Diddy Kong Racing.

Oh yeah - it was released on the DS. No idea if it's complete or entirely faithful, but it seemed so.

Last edited by a moderator:
KodeIn said:
Cannon Fodder, Dune 2, Wesnoth and Reminiscence ...
But there is whole bunch of other games that I would like to see running on pandora.

And maybe my homemade game sooner or later :rolleyes:
This (Note:corrected typo)

fearofshorts said:
Vertice said:
Thinking about it more , the one game I've been waiting to play is cave story.

i've heard great things about it, but the nintendo DS version never materialized, and i'm not sure i want to play it on wii or computer (portable is best for me)

I'd kill for a portable version of Cave Story... but it's actually closed-source.
The DS and PSP versions were ports made by fans, with the go-ahead and source from Pixel, but when Cave Story Wii was given the go-ahead (and thus the game became commercial) these versions stopped at the request of Pixel. From what I remember, Cave Story for the PSP was finished before the axeing, so that's still obtainable.

So, in other words, we have a very low chance of getting my beloved Cave Story on the Pandora.

But really, you simply MUST play it on PC. The graphics may seem like they would be ugly on a large screen, but they really are endearingly cute and retro. Not to mention the awesome music that I actually listen to by itself occasionally. And the amazing plot. And the charming characters. And the incredible game play...
And this. It's really a shame that we're unlikely to have a native port now. The music is just way too amazing, best video game music I've heard since NES days.

I'm listenning to it right now, have been listenning to it for almost a whole week, it just doesn't get old. Amazing. And It's great to get me thru a long day of work.

Oh, I forgot Transarctica, it was a good game, even if the battles were a bit boring...
main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=28&g2_serialNumber=1.gif

And there was a great platform game called Globdule, it was fun to stick to the walls and ceilings ^^

How bout some love for Oregon Trail?

Pretty sure there is a port for every system.

#1 GameMaster said:
Jourdy288 said:
@Lunatic:
Freaky, I bought FFVIII and I'm waiting for the Pandora, I also bought Spyro for the PS1 yesterday...

I'll wait for the Pandora for those two, alon with Secret of Evermore and Virtual On for the Dreamcast.
I would have to say that that is pretty freaky because I have been holding off on playing the Spyro games, FF8, and Crash games too! :blink:

fourth'd.

Nova said:

'Presents love for Oregon Trail'

Haha, that's the first person outside my siblings I've ever heard reference that game. What would be used to emulate it on Pandora?

Viral18 said:
Nova said:

'Presents love for Oregon Trail'

Haha, that's the first person outside my siblings I've ever heard reference that game. What would be used to emulate it on Pandora?

Well my favourite was on DOS, so I suppose Dosbox?

p.s. You have died of dysentery.

BaDToaD said:
Elite on Amiga closely followed by the Colony Wars Trilogy on PSX

Colony Wars III is going to look so cool on the Pandoras small screen...
Wow that looks like a lot of fun. I might have to find some place to buy a copy.

SoleGrave said:
Flashback, Einhander.. . . .

Never having a PSX I went youtubin' and saw a video review of Einhander. If I can find a copy, this might just be my must play game as soon as my Panda arrives. Then of course I have to find out the best way to rip it for the emu. I wonder what formats will be available to rip.

Most definitely Discworld through scummVM, dwarf fortress(i assume an sdl build will work with a small map), Fheroes 2, and openTTD.

Is it illegal to use the N64 rom of OOt master quest if I own the original?

I wanna play chrono cross!

@Poem58
Most likely ISOs, they tend to work best, and you never forget anything.

Willrandship said:
Is it illegal to use the N64 rom of OOt master quest if I own the original?

I wanna play chrono cross!
In many country, yes it is.
Some would allow you to use a rom only if you backup your cartridge yourself and if only your family use it (private backup).

I just checked, after figuring some driver issue out .. Dosbox (entirely pickles work, not mine!) ..

Civ 1 - runs great! touchscreen play, with audio etc!
Wizardry 7 -- runs flawless with audio (Adlib ftw :)
Dune 2 -- runs great! Played through first level with audio. (A little clunky as right-click is not mapped yet, but its a quick port I think still; pickle will add right-click to touchscreen easy enough, like in f200 version.)

Cranked up the CPU to 900 for fun, and then tried..
DM2: Skullkeep -- damn, bad opcode in the emulation in dosbox
MAster of Magic -- actually playable, and I thought this would be a dog (1994)

Eye of the Beholder 1 -- I showed a video of this a year ago, but runs great on touchscreen!

Warcraft 2 -- seems good! Pickle worries it might load down on later levels wit a lot going on, but firsgt level is playable actually.

I'm working right now, but just through those onto my SD and fiddled, while DB is chugging and busy :)

So there you go, looking good!

jeff

Back