Release VVVVVV for Pandora

PND is slightly bigger ~90kb but still not showing up in the menus...

I guess there is some kind of connection issue between me and gp2x.de (ping reports some packet loss).

I'll try again tomorrow morning :)
Possible. Download works for me, and all the necessary bits are there (well, haven't tried it on my Pandora, but it mounts correctly, enough of a test for me).

Hi,

I really don't understand what's happening with this PND :( Its size changes every time I download it, and it never shows up in the menus...

Other downloads work just fine.

I'll try to download the PND from my computer, see if it makes any difference.

EDIT: just downloaded the file from my computer, PND size is 3MB, I'm sure this time it'll work correctly...

What's wrong with my Pandora ? :unsure:

Bye, Magic Sam

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to download this updated PND without any issues, problem was it ran exceedingly slow afterwards, I sorted that out by copy-and-pasting the confgif file mentioned earlier, now it runs great! (however the fact that I'm not very good at it yet remains unsolved :p )

Hey, I need the data files. I own it on my Mac but it doesn't seem to have created save files.

Have you checked inside the package on your Mac (right-click/CTRL-click - View Package Contents)? That's most likely where they are. :)

Download does not work for me, file is not in the menus. File is around 195kb. DOwnloaded with Midori.

I recommend to put it in the Repo.

EDIT: Downloaded with Firefox, FIle is now 3MB but still ot in the Menus. I wish, direct double clicking on the PND file would start it, a really missing Pandora feature by the way.

EDIT: Downloaded with Firefox, FIle is now 3MB but still ot in the Menus. I wish, direct double clicking on the PND file would start it, a really missing Pandora feature by the way.

Might you need to rescan the card after download? I don't think it would recognize the PND automatically if you just saved it to the card (unlike when you stick the card in).

Also, in XFCE couldn't one set the .pnd extension to be run by pnd_run... much like other file extensions can be rigged to automatically open? Preferred applications or something? Haven't done it in XFCE, though.

Just did my first playthrough, took me 52:17, all crew members, 16/20 trinkets, even the veni vidi vici one :) . A very nice game.

Thanks Pickle great port (as usual ;) ) .

The only thing i have to do ( to have more speed) is reduce scaling to 1 (default is 2) and the game run very smoothly.

I propose to add a comment to the repo, that the datafiles are needed for playing.

Or should the demo-version show up at least? For me, when i run the pnd, the screen goes black for ~one second and nothing else happens.

Like Ed, I also have all of the humble indie bundles. I have a bit of a Hate. Love relation with this game it´s something between vvvvvvvrustrating and vvvvvvvvvun.

The Lexaloffle games would also be a prime candidate for a port to the pandora. Does anyone here know their devs?

I have a bit of a Hate. Love relation with this game it´s something between vvvvvvvrustrating and vvvvvvvvvun.
I'm currently at about one third of the no-death mode. I wouldn't call it frustrating, just...challenging :)

Bought this game on Steam tonight. Really fun game. Great that whenever I get my Pandora I'll be able to play it on there as well.

Phew, I finally managed to save four out of six crew members in no-death-mode :D

Getting there....slowly.

I love this game and soundtrack, I'm listening to it a lot more than I should!

Will have to try vvvvvv on the Pandora. Thanks v.much pickle.

I will have to write a game this good one day too :)

BTW souleye the composer, released a new album recently called "Adventure", check it out if you like the vvvvvv music :)

http://www.souleye.se/adventure

I am an unaffiliated fan ;)

Back