Updates in all areas, spiced with case renders

There are plenty of phones still made that feature keypads, and make phone calls and can send texts.  They don't tend to be even as nice-looking as such phones used to be back in the day though, as they're either designed with big buttons for the elderly, or to an extreme budget for sales to the developing world.

The other problem is they tend to be 2G only devices, and my current provider only provides 3G (and 4G).

AT&T has 3G ones, Samsung made the one I had. It was nice. I dunno if that model is available for other carriers though.

but there is currently no plans of having a port of Android for the Pyra.
Didn't there a build of Android that ran as an program with the OS on the Pandora? I know I've seen it in some Pandora videos before. Why wouldn't the Pyra have this also available?
For one that version of Android is specifically built for the Pandora and bundled into a PND. It's also Gingerbread which is old as Dirt. There is a demo Android image that Ti provides for the Omap5 EVM dev board, however aTc reports that it is poorly implemented and there is a lot that isn't working properly. Someone would still need to do a ton of work to have a polished version of Android for the Pyra, however lack of interest by the people that have the skills to do so really prevents that.

but there is currently no plans of having a port of Android for the Pyra.
Didn't there a build of Android that ran as an program with the OS on the Pandora? I know I've seen it in some Pandora videos before. Why wouldn't the Pyra have this also available?
For one that version of Android is specifically built for the Pandora and bundled into a PND. It's also Gingerbread which is old as Dirt. There is a demo Android image that Ti provides for the Omap5 EVM dev board, however aTc reports that it is poorly implemented and there is a lot that isn't working properly. Someone would still need to do a ton of work to have a polished version of Android for the Pyra, however lack of interest by the people that have the skills to do so really prevents that.
I've read several members before talk about integrating this:

http://www.myriadgroup.com/products/device-solutions/mobile-software/alien-dalvik/

Feasible?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've read several members before talk about integrating this:   http://www.myriadgro...e/alien-dalvik/  Feasible?
It's interesting for sure, but without anyway of trying it, I can't say for sure. 

I think I was misunderstood! A virtual keyboard is just no fun for developing, rather the Pyra with its OS choices and actual keyboard - is sufficient alternative to rid myself of an android phone and get a dumbphone....

Back