Update regarding the cases (and some other things)

I am thinking a black case, with green keyboard glow/backlights and a black/green theme in debian. If I get bored, maybe do a Red/Black or blue/black with the keyboard and theme.
To begin with as @rygD already said, you'd need to swap the keyboard LEDs since they're all white LEDs at present. Also, a pure green backlight might make distinguishing between the white legends and the orange legends - they'd appear as the same colour, just the orange fn-key operations somewhat dimmer.

Isn't that a good thing?
I think so, based only on increased sales to them. It could give it a bad reputation (reducing sales to those that would otherwise want one for real use (work), or that truly appreciate it for gaming), though, and I would rather not deal with people here that only bought a Pyra because they think it is dumb and have one ironically or however that shit works.

A year or two ago i saw the red update of the pandora on the website and fell in love. So a dark red case would be relly nice.

For a min of 100 at 1050 preoders, it should be possible to offer 4-6 colors
250 black
250 grey
200 clear
150 red
100 green?
100 white?

Or something like this. Time for a new poll?
I think that might be a bit too many to start with. It sounds like ED is considering doing black/dark grey and clear. Honestly, that is more than enough choices (better than just black), however we all want our favorite color. If he is willing to do a third color from the beginning it should probably be dark red, based on past polls, or whatever ED's favorite color is (blue?). 4 seems like it would be pushing it (what if no one buys one of the colors and he gets stuck with 250 cases in a color no one wants?) and 6 would probably be wasted money at this point. He does know what colors of other products he sells are most popular, and he has seen the polls here and our comments. I would like him to maybe make an official poll for the fun choice, or a second one if clear is something he will definitely do. With him making the poll we don't get weird choices that only one or two people like, and the options are based on his shop experience and knowledge of what is available from the case company and France. People will complain about the poll no matter what, so it will be like a gift if he lets us pick another launch color.

What has the best heat-transfer properties?
Supposedly adding glass-fiber helps.
What the hell are you planning to do with this thing that the possible extremely minor benefit of the case color's ability to shed heat will matter? Just sit outside with it. ;) BTW, what are your highs and lows like there at this time of the year?

It would be a headache for me if I were trying to swap all those keyboard LEDs, plus the secondary labels might be hard to see. Still, I like both green and red for the keyboard.

If I remember correctly the leds (including the keyboard leds) are able to be any color.

Edit: Did a search, looks like I was wrong. Poopy... Seems like others thought the same as I did though.

Keyboard LEDs are white. Logo and indicator LEDs are the multicolored ones. ED confirmed this way back.

FWIW, antracite is high grade coal, so in colour terms I assume it's a mid-dark grey. Dark anthracite would be a rather dark grey in my lingo.
I grew up in a town in the Anthracite region of Pennsylvania (Pennsyltuckey). There is no gray in Antracite, it is a shiny black, sometimes it even peacocks and turns a rainbow of colors.

Anthracite was once discussed as an colour option but I've not heared much more about since. I guess it's one of the colours they cant do right or so? Would like to see an Anthracite coloured Pyra case for sure. More interesting than plain black or grey.

Pyra Vantablack special edition anyone ?
OK, too expensive, forget it ...

not just unpayable, its still usable under special licence (mostly for warmachines and science)
AND it is a coating. Nanotubes. So not usable in normal handling with a device. But if you want to paint it with something like vantablack (its still not for selling and its not allowed to bring it outside of the UK), then check out Black 2.0 made by Stuard Semple.
He was angry about the vantablack rules (licence for use this material in art was sold....) , so he made his own deeply black paint. Its not based on nanotubes, but its still extremly black cuz of so much pigments inside.

it´s a really funny story:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stuart_Semple#Conflict_with_Anish_Kapoor
and some funfact from Stuards Hompage where you can buy his "absolut black paint":
*Note: By adding this product to your cart you confirm that you are not Anish Kapoor, you are in no way affiliated to Anish Kapoor, you are not purchasing this item on behalf of Anish Kapoor or an associate of Anish Kapoor. To the best of your knowledge, information and belief this material will not make it's way into the hands of Anish Kapoor.

Semple's pink and green are pretty nice. I might be willing to go for a Pyra in one of those. I wonder why Kapoor didn't do the same thing with that Diamond Dust glitter that he did with the pink.

Damn, if I had the time right now, I would write a website which would render each part in a chosable color and allow you to 'buy' all parts in the quantity and combination you like.
Clicking the 'buy'-button there would be a promise to pay for the parts if they get ordered.
Then ED could look at the popular colors for each part and would be able to order them when the quantity matches the requirement.

I'm putting the idea out there, since someone who is not currently in a work-intensive phase of studying can pick up if they want/have the time.

Back