Release UAE4All new version

I'll have to check it as soon as I get home (finishing at 2pm), if no one has reported back to you before that! Thanks for the quick update :)

Hi John,

I have just tested with Archer Mclean's Pool and the nubs are registering and so is the touchscreen. However, they need calibarating somehow as you can't always move the mouse pointer to the edges of the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's good news - thanks for testing!

Please also look if scrolling is still smooth in Turrican.

If yes, I'll upload to the repo.

Won't invest any more work into the touchscreen support. Manual calibration with [R]+dpad should work though in stylus-mode.

Hi,

Lokoking good. The scrollling in Turrican II seems fine to me, I haven't noticed any tearing.

How will you calibrate the nubs though? They appear to be working but not properly, as you can't get to the screen edges.

Ah, so it's the nubs that need calibration. Thought you meant the touchscreen input.

I'll have a look at the weekend. Thanks again.

@EvilDragon: Please add the following changelog to the repo:

Changelog 2012-03-14:
- using new notaz sdl: nub-input for mouse works now, also external usb mice work

edit: @tuki_cat: Did you try altering mouse speed in misc. options? Maybe then you can reach the borders with the nubs?

Mouse speed doesn't seem to make an difference.

It is a little strange; sometimes you can reach by screen edges but sometimes it stops in the middle of the screen. It is almost like the nubs are a badly calibrated joystick.

I've been trying the same thing on Cannon Fodder and Shufflepuck Cafe. Even when the emulator allows you to cover the full range of the screen with the mouse, every once in a while it stops you half way. I also spotted that the mouse pointer seems to almost stick to the left and rigfht edges of the screen in particular, there's a noticeable delay when you try to move off there. Turrican 2 runs as smoothly as ever, if that helps? ;)

Just tried it and could only move the mouse pointer with the nubs inside the upper left 1/4th of the screen. Will have a look later.

Turrican 2 runs as smoothly as ever, if that helps? ;)
Yes, thanks - that means no more need for modifications to the sdl.

that's ok, wasn't 100% sure which version of Turrican I needed to try! when I was playing Archer McCleans Pool, the moyse was stuck to the bottom right quarter of the the screen, and no amount of changing screen resolutions seemed to make any difference. I must try more on Cannon Fodder later after work, and see if the intermittent stopping of mouse movement I also found on Sufflepuck Cafe is the same on there....

Updated PND is now up in the repo:

http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

Fixed the nub mouse issue. Sorta. The pointer isn't restricted to only a part of the screen anymore.

In workbench guis the mouse pointer moves fine. In Archer MacLean's Pool it seemed a bit shaky - but you can lower the mouse speed in misc. options for that.

@EvilDragon: Please add the following changelog to the repo:

Changelog 2012-03-19:
- fixed bug where mouse pointer was restricted to only a small part of the screen with nub-input/external mouse-input

Changelog 2012-03-14:

- using new notaz sdl: nub-input for mouse works now, also external usb mice work

Downloaded this new update now, seems to have fixed the issue with Shufflepuck Cafe anyway! :) maybe I'll be able to retire that old nubs version off my SD card now!

(null)

Update:

Replaced the old gamepad-mode input with the proper standard input because gamepad-mode doesn't exist in the new kernel anymore.

Now UAE4All works with both new and old kernel.

Note that in the gui dpad-input isn't repeated anymore - but you can quickly navigate through your games in the diskload-menu using left/right instead of up/down. And even quicker with the [L]- and [R]-triggers.

Also includes notaz' latest SDL: you can press the Pandora-button now to minimize UAE4All and return to the Xfce Desktop.

Download: http://repo.openpand...ail&app=uae4all

Source: http://www.mediafire...8l1v5nco0bm8uli

Does anyone know if work is still being done on UEA EX?

Dont get me wrong, this is a great a500 emulator, but the thought of having an amiga emu with hard disk emulation in my pocket is almost too much to bare!!

Once I remembered to delete my old appdata directory, it works great in the new kernel. Thanks as ever for all your work on this!! :)

(null)

Thank you very much!!

It's great to have it on the new kernel as well, perfect!

AWESOME :D

Thanks as ever for all your work on this!! :)
Thanks John :)
Thank you very much!!
Thank you so much ! :)
You're welcome - glad I could help! Knew notaz would remove gamepad-mode someday. Was a tedious task but in the end not as bad as I had feared.

Does anyone know if work is still being done on UEA EX?

Dont get me wrong, this is a great a500 emulator, but the thought of having an amiga emu with hard disk emulation in my pocket is almost too much to bare!!
Hideki's PandEUae supports harddisks and WHDLoad.

Back