Release UAE4All new version

Hi all

I'm having a bit of an issue getting this running correctly. I have just reflashed to Beta 4 and all is working great, however when I boot the Pandora with the new 3.2 kernal I can't use UAE4ALL.

I can start UAE4ALL i just can't move through the menus in or select anythiing, it is like the Dpad and controls have been disabled. If I reboot with the oder kernal all is fine however.

I have tried deleting uppdata/uae4all to see if that helps, but the problem still exist.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Upgrade to the latest version ( released this morning ) that fixes the menus in kernel 3.2

Sent from my Amiga using the cli.

Hi Stainy,

Do you mean 1.1.1.29 from the repo? That is the version I am using but still can't get it work.

Last edited by a moderator:
You probably still have the 1.1.1.28 pnd on your sd card, too, and when you select uae4all from the desktop it still starts this older version. So you have to find the old uae4all pnd(s) and delete them.

Doh!

Thanks John!! Sorted now, as you say I had an older version lurking on the SD card!

Has anybody managed to get CiscoHeat to run?

Already on the Amiga2000 it was purely by chance if you could make it past the loading-screen. Some old version of WinUAE was able to run it, but the current one also fails. But maybe somebody still got it to run on the Pandora?

Quick quesiton(s)

Does this emulate AGA too?

Is it possible to create a hardfile, as per WinUAE?

Thanks so much for the update John..

I`ve noticed a couple of things... one I think has been there a while..

When loading a save state I get and always have got a load of white noise once the state has loaded.. it goes on for about 15 secs then goes away..

also I`ve noticed that the sound lags after the ss has loaded too...

Is there any settings I should mess with ?

Thanks so much for the update John..

I`ve noticed a couple of things... one I think has been there a while..

When loading a save state I get and always have got a load of white noise once the state has loaded.. it goes on for about 15 secs then goes away..

also I`ve noticed that the sound lags after the ss has loaded too...

Is there any settings I should mess with ?

Hi Stainy,

It has always done that, the only way around it I think is to press select to go back to the menu and then return to the game, that seems to cure the issue.

Correct - after loading a savestate just enter the GUI and leave it again (press SELECT twice) - then the sound will be in synch again.

I'll have a look if I can automatize the synching. Don't think I'll be able to get rid of the "white noise" - but as you said it only lasts a few seconds.

Won't invest any more work into the touchscreen support. Manual calibration with [R]+dpad should work though in stylus-mode.

Hi John. First of all a big THANKS from me as well, your updates to the Amiga emulator are awesome!

Could you elaborate a bit on touch screen usage in UAE4all? I am having trouble using the touch screen and wonder if it's me or the emulator:

I try to play Bloodwych but the scaling of my stylus inputs in relation to the mouse pointer movement is always off (movement ratio always different from 1). I tried different resolutions and scalings but it never works correctly. Mouse speed settings don't seem have any influence. In stylus mode, ®+DigiPad does nothing, in contrast to your quote above. The cursor just jumps between two positions in this mode.

Right now stylus input seems to work best in mouse mode because the offset between stylus and mouse coursor can then be altered with the digiPad but the movement ratio still is never 1.

Could you say something about how the stylus input is to be used and about its limitations, please?

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: would the touch input patch that streak mentioned in the repo comments would help? --> http://blogs.distant-earth.com/wp/?p=293

In stylus mode, ®+DigiPad does nothing, in contrast to your quote above. The cursor just jumps between two positions in this mode.
Sorry, it's [L]+dpad. Changed it to [L] at some time because then you can put the stylus on screen with your right hand while recalibrating solely with the left.

But unfortunately - as you said - the movement ratio currently "is never 1".

While you still can calibrate (to get the cursor where you tap) the pointer won't fully follow to the next position where you tap.

I'll try to adapt the relevant values to match notaz' sdl at the weekend.

zapman said:
Right now stylus input seems to work best in mouse mode because the offset between stylus and mouse coursor can then be altered with the digiPad but the movement ratio still is never 1.
The mouse emulation mode is completely unusable with stylus. It only may seem better because stylus mode currently isn't working as it should. ;)

zapman said:
EDIT: would the touch input patch that streak mentioned in the repo comments would help? --> http://blogs.distant...h.com/wp/?p=293
Not for this problem - but with this patch (invisible cursor on top) there would be less (or no) need for recalibration. I'll try to add it.

Sadly no I'm afraid. There seems to be some stuff Cinemaware games do which isn't correctly emulated by the E-UAE version UAE4All is based off (same behaviour in Hideki's pandeuae btw.).

Somehow only srolling 2D gfx are affected, like bombing and strafing runs in Wings and the intro and world map in It Came From The Desert.

I guess it's safe to assume that for the same reason Rocket Ranger and The Three Stooges are affected, too (haven't played them yet).

Non-scrolling 2D parts and the 3D dogfights in Wings are running at the correct speed I think.

UAE4All works ok with kernel 2.6 but with 3.2 the sound stutters.

I tried different settings... overclocking also doesn't work.

I'm I the only one having this?

Yeah, I had that until I used the Cyclone 68k core. All the others are unusable even at 1GHz+

D.

Non-scrolling 2D parts and the 3D dogfights in Wings are running at the correct speed I think.

I don't know what you call non-scrolling 2D parts, but the 3D dogfights are at the correct speed, I confirm.

Yeah, I had that until I used the Cyclone 68k core. All the others are unusable even at 1GHz+

D.

Any idea why it is so ?

Tried Turrican II with FAME/C core - perfect sound and scrolling at 600MHz, no skipped frames.

I'm using SuperZaxxon beta 4. Haven't upgraded to beta 5 yet because I would have to reinstall all those dev libs again for building uae4all...

Are you both using beta 5? If yes then it may be a bug in this latest beta of superzaxxon.

Back