Release UAE4All 2.0

Thanks for the hint THB.

I have done a little more investigating, the HDF file that I have created was made with a 3.1 kick rom. I tried to delete all the kicks from the appdata folder apart from the kick31.rom. When I tried this uae4all told me that it couldn't find the kick.rom. So I changed the name of the kick file and tried again, this gave me the same error when I tried to open uae4all. It was only when I renamed the kick.rom to kick13.rom that uae4all decided to open without the error message.

I am aware that there are plenty of people that have got this to work so I do apologise for all these simple issues that I seem to be having.

As always any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Rob

there's a few hoops to jump through on this emulator to getting everything set up and running nicely, but we've mostly found our way through to the end! yours sounded like it needed a bit of scrutiny to work out the gremlins, but I'm glad to hear it's all peachy now :)

Thanks Stouffa, unfortunately it is still not working, I am going to try and create an HDF in Winuae without the Amiga Forever roms, I have removed this from my pc. This will mean that I can hopefully get the HDF set up with the roms that I am using for uae4all, although the 3.1 image doesn't seem to register as a 3.1.

I will keep you all posted and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Rob

if it helps, I used the classicWB Lite premade HDF using a kickstart 3.1 and workbench 3.1 for installation. My actual HD games I have in another folder, I add them seperately when starting up UAE4ALL. I did my HDF setup on WinUAE on my PC, it's these files that work best for me. Will this be of any use?

I will give that a try cheers, although there is a little stubborn part of me that is insisting on creating an HDF that contains all the games and files I think I might want to run :D

I think it is generally an issue with the kicks I am using, but I will see what happens when I try to use them in Winuae.

I tried to copy all my games into my HDF, but I ran out of room!! Using the extra directory works just as well for me anyway :) (best of luck!!)

Anybody been able to play Theme Park on this? I've tried AGA version (A1200 mode, stops on a yellow screen) and Non-AGA (A500 mode, black screen with hand cursor that stops responding).

Also, could we get an option to turn show drive "busy" indicators?

Cheers

Anybody been able to play Theme Park on this? I've tried AGA version (A1200 mode, stops on a yellow screen) and Non-AGA (A500 mode, black screen with hand cursor that stops responding).

Also, could we get an option to turn show drive "busy" indicators?

Cheers

Not tried Them Park yet, might give that a spin later! What do you mean by drive busy indicators? Can't you just bring up the disk status by pressing Left shoulder button and D on the keyboard? (that works for me anyway)

Can't you just bring up the disk status by pressing Left shoulder button and D on the keyboard? (that works for me anyway)
Ah, didn't know you could do that. Maybe an option to allow them to stay on perminantly? There's plenty of space on the edges (due to the Amiga being 4:3, and the Pandora not).

Let me know how you get on with TP if you try it. Ta

You can also activate them from the main menu, if you press B for more options, there's one listed as "show status", that does the same as [L] + d. At present they can only be triggered to appear at the bottom of the screen as UAE4ALL doesn't render to the full resolution of 800X480, so it can't place them to the side of the emulated screen(I believe john4p may be working on that though)

I'll keep you posted about Theme Park :)

OH, I forgot to say there's a lot of display options you can activate on-the-fly using kyboard shortcuts if you're not already aware of them?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Theme Park to load - Set to A500 mode, then went into hardware and set Slow memory to 512K and Fast Memory to 1M. Though I'm struggling to get the controls up to work (Edit: This was the non-AGA version though)

Evening All

So, it has been a little while, but I finally managed to have another go at hardfile.

The simple solution was that I was trying for a large hardfile. This time I tried with a smaller 250MB hardfile and it worked fine.

So a little advice to anyone else trying to get this working, create a small hardfile, I think the limit is around 1GB, but don't quote me on that.

Cheers

Rob

Slightly off-topic: the Pinball Illusions PC version got the additional "Vikings" table which is missing in the Amiga original. Just found out Pinball Illusions was ported to PS1, too, as "True Pinball". You can play the tables in 2D and 3D mode. So we should be able to play the Vikings-table fullspeed and with smooth scrolling on Pandora using PCSX ReARMed:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/r9jqE5ZMSCE?feature=oembed&start=559

I'll have to have a nose around and check that out later, thanks for the tip! :)

Hey JOhn..

Do you think we are going to get save states working at all ? I know you mentioned you have less interest with uae4all and the problem with finding out what the problem is etc..

Hi John,

I have recieved a mesage back from Chui regarding Savestates, I have PM'd you with it. I don't know if it helps or not.

Thanks for contacting him! Since there's nothing confidential about his reply I'll just quote it here:

UAE is a hard emu, I would try to trace/dump all savestate registers (comparing before and after save) first and if it is OK I think that I will be necesary trace/dump a lot of UAE vars, comparing at same frame with/without save too.

This is more better using a PC and I haven't a Pandora machine. I am trying to compile it for my PC (Ubuntu Linux) without successful for now.

Good luck!
The registers seem fine since saving works and you can even restore a 2.0-savestate with the old uae4all 1.x.

I already debugged a lot but can't solve the problem.

I think the best (maybe only) way to fix savestates for uae4all 2.0 would be to donate a Pandora to Chui. ;)

whload games working on my pandora but run so slow even overclocking etc.

Skidmarks runnning quite well but POP sooooo slow.

Did anybody get these to run at near full speed .

Running lite winuae workbench version?

Back