Release UAE4All 2.0

Yes, that's a good idea. If you want this just tell me how to do it.

@itami: Note that you can easily hide (and show) the status display with [L]+D.

Thanks! Okay, I could use the left leds for floppy drives and the leftmost of the right leds for hd-access.

I think the first two leds on the right side are not populated.

I'd say use the sdleds for hd/floppy access and the wifiled for hdaccess.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also you could init the screensize to 800x480 in sdlinit to use the extra screenspace in the Pandoraversion :)

I think the first two leds on the right side are not populated.

I'd say use the sdleds for hd/floppy access and the wifiled for hdaccess.
Ah, okay. Well, I could still use the 4 left leds for the floppy drives and the 3rd of the right leds for hd.

Also you could init the screensize to 800x480 in sdlinit to use the extra screenspace in the Pandoraversion :)
It's not that easy. The drawing.cpp code currently only works with 320 or 640 pixels wide sdl_surfaces.

Neat. Of course I'd know how to use the space on the side - just have to make the drawing.cpp work with 400 or 800 pixels wide sdl_surfaces. Which I'm going to do together with the hires-update.

Could we build something on the tv out with leds?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Well, just move the led indicators to the right side. Should be as easy as changing aome numbers.

Yes, that's no problem - but with the current 320 wide sdl_surfaces they'd still occupy space of the playarea - just on the right instead of the bottom. I'll move them to the side when we can use more than these 320 pixels.

Could we build something on the tv out with leds?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
Sry I don't understand what you mean.

I think he means, if we can build a small board, that gets the ledinfo and sets the leds with the gpio pins onthe ext connector, you could have an external led indicator box or somehing. But I think this is not very practicable because you need custom hardware.

Ah, okay. I won't add support for this to the code - but feel free to add it yourself (source is available on the repo).

John4p, a suggestion here. If there are many feature requests, can you let us know what is your priority towards updates? Or if you have no preferences for new features, can we do a poll?

The priorities currently are:

1. Extending the visible screen width to more than 320 pixels (if that works I'll move the status display to the right side)

2. Adding cycle-exact blitter for Wings, It Came From The Desert

3. Adding hires-modes

Still you can always request features.

Hi John,

Any chance of adding the disk "clicking" when the drive is accessing a disk? I think this was an on/off option in WinUAE.

I know I'm probably the only one who wants this feature but the "clicking" brings back so many memories from my teens of using the Amiga, it's almost a comforting sound!!!!!! :)

Still you can always request features.

Some ideas from me:

a. Ability to put games as "favorites" or use filters. I tend to have many of them in a single folder, and if I could apply filter such as "favorites" or "played the most often", this kind of thing would be very useful. Rating games with stars and being able to filter by amount of stars could be another option.

b. Remember the latest game/configuration played before exiting. When you jump back in UAE4All, you find back all the settings from the previous session. THat could be an option to enable/disable in settings for those who do not want this.

c. Correct size of screen on TV-out : I did not get this issue with the other emulators I tested, but for UAE4All, the screen is "stretched" to fill the TV-out screen, and you lose the correct pixel ratio. Fixing this would be great!

a) is not worth the effort in my opinion since it would only apply to ADFs but not WHDLoad (which is what many will be mainly using).

Note you can comfortably browse large dirs with dpad right/left (skips 10 entries) and [L]/[R] (skips 24 entries).

But if many users want this I might change my mind.

b ) conflicts with the general settings - they get restored each time you start uae4all. If you want to always have your last settings set just always push "save general config" before you exit uae4all.

edit: Ah, you wrote this feature should be an option. Okay, I'll add this - if you enable the option in "more options" then general config will be always automatically saved on exit (that's the easiest solution).

c) I have no tv-out cable and don't know anything about how this is handled. I assume the whole 320x270 pixels SDL_surface (we currently use in uae4all) is sent to the tv and then displayed fullscreen. I don't know if we have scaling options for tv output.

Btw., I don't see the appeal of Pandora tv output when you can just use the most current WinUAE at fullspeed with an old laptop or netbook hooked up to tv.

Still if you can provide the needed information I can add features for tv output...

Any chance of adding the disk "clicking" when the drive is accessing a disk?
I'll try (after adding important features ;) ).

I would guess, that the Problem with the TVout is the resolution of 320x270 here. This is no normal 4:3 aspect. As the Pandorascreen is 800x480, the tvout always squeezes the 800x480 into a 4:3 aspect. If you had (not aspect correct) fullscreenmode on the Pandora, which uses the full 800x480 pixel, you would have a correct 4:3 aspect on tvout.

Back