Release UAE4All 2.0

I would be prepared to give anonymous one of my Pandoras if OP would then swap my other for a 1GHZ model...

Sounds like a good deal to me :)

@john4p Would Anonymous have ideas about the save state issues as well? Would be superb if you two could team up and polish this emulator up all shiny and brilliant :)

In his sources the routines for saving and restoring savestates are empty - I guess savestates aren't important for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds great - thanks for the support! :)

Not much time currently on my hands but maybe I'll give it a try (now that I finally own an Android device ;) ).

I contacted the guy. He said he can provide the source code to his users, following the gpl. if you are willing to pay for it, you can get the source code.
I really hate it when people do that.

I was browsing the net today, looking for some onEscapee walkthroughs, when I accidentally stumbled across this forum. I believe that a small introduction is in order, so let me start by saying that I'm the anonymous guy who added that HD/MC68020/A1200 support to UAE4ALL. I thought it would be appropriate to choose the same forum user name, but since user names don't mean a thing on the net, here ar some more proofs:

a ) My LinkedIn profile: http://www.linkedin....043&trk=tab_pro

b ) Email address that I used to reigister with this forum is the same email I used to correspond with AnotherGuest while working on the emu.

c ) AnotherGuest can confirm this by emailing me, if necessary. I will reply to him to confirm my indentity.

I am perfectly aware that posting my online profile kind of beats the purpose of staying anonymous in this project, but like I said, I really, really, REALLY hate it when people try to steal other people's work for money.

I'm an engineer, not a lawyer, but sometimes I find that there's not much difference between the two when it comes to finding bugs in code and holes in laws. From what I can gather, as an engineer highly practices in bug hunting, GPL licence is bullet-proof against what this guy is doing.

There are simply no bugs in this piece of legal code:

"The GPL additionally states that a distributor may not impose "further restrictions on the rights granted by the GPL". This forbids activities such as distributing of the software under a non-disclosure agreement or contract. Distributors under the GPL also grant a license for any of their patents practiced by the software, to practice those patents in GPL software.

The fourth section for version 2 of the license and the seventh section of version 3 require that programs distributed as pre-compiled binaries are accompanied by a copy of the source code, a written offer to distribute the source code via the same mechanism as the pre-compiled binary, or the written offer to obtain the source code that you got when you received the pre-compiled binary under the GPL. The second section of version 2 and the fifth section of version 3 also require giving "all recipients a copy of this License along with the Program". Version 3 of the license allows making the source code available in additional ways in fulfillment of the seventh section. These include downloading source code from an adjacent network server or by peer-to-peer transmission, provided that is how the compiled code was available and there are "clear directions" on where to find the source code."

To conclude, if any of the more legally proficient people out there wish to take some legal actions against this guy, I am perfectly willing to offer my full assistance. I cannot claim any ownership over pieces of code that were taken from PocketUAE and WinUAE projects, but I can sure as hell claim FULL INTELLECTUAL OWNERSHIP over the WHOLE MC68020 CODE (MC68020 instructions emulation and accompanying MC68020 code) in UAE4ALL and ALL SUBSEQUENT code projects that include the said code.

If I'm not mistaken, and legal guys can correct me on that, I and everyone using my code have signed a BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT, clearly made by the above quoted GPL licence statement, and anyone not abiding by GPL licence is in breach of that contract. As a legal owner of intellectual property of my code, I am in right of demanding that all furter distribution of mu code by any party not abiding by GPL licence be immediately suspended and all or some part of financial gains acquired by distibuting my code be used in any manner I may find fit. What I find fit is that those financial gains be distributed among all who contributed to Amiga emulation projects, including the guy who made Android port, but only providing he discloses his source code.

Should he refuse to respect the GPL licence he legally signed the very moment he used the forementioned code, he is COMPELLED TO REMOVE all traces of MC68020 code from his Amiga emulator for Android.

I remain hopeful that others who contributed to emulation code used in this guys Android emulator will also be willing to make an example out of him.

Anyone know of any lawyer firm that would be willing to take this case?

You could contact the guys at software freedom :

http://www.softwarefreedom.org/about/contact/

In Slam Tilt the score counter always shows values like

and only switches between them when you're supposed to score something.

In Roadkill you can't accelerate. The CPU drivers can't either! You can turn around on the spot but not move forward.
Confirmed on both accounts. These "non-critical" bugs are the hardest to find, but I do have some ideas where to start. I was using WinUAE 1.45 source to help me debug 68020 code in UAE4ALL, so it should be possible to find which 68020 instructions are causing problems. Since those score numbers are so ridiculous, I'm suspecting MUL or DIV. The same problem may be responsible for Roadkill as well.

I haven't worked on UAE4ALL for over a year, though. I'll see if I can find some spare time to get back to it, but knowing that someone is trying to 'score' (pardon my pun) on my work certainly doesn't motivate me in any way.

Thanks for the offer to donate pandora, but money's one thing I don't have too much problems with. :) I'd like it much more if that matter with anUAE4ALL source was resolved.

I could try contacting Google directly, and pointing out illegality of such activities, but there's a big question of whether they would do anything about it. Come to think of it, that could be one gigantic can of worms that nobody over there might want opened. I wonder how much of Android code is based on GPL code. The last thing I heard about Android was that it didn't come as open source. At least, I'v never heard of anyone independently compiling Android source code. Could be different now, though, but potential billion$ of buck$ of financial claims may be lying at the bottom of that can.

I wonder if any law firm would be motivated enough by a prospect of billion$ of buck$ of claims. That story might be worth following.

In his sources the routines for saving and restoring savestates are empty - I guess savestates aren't important for him.
Ah, yes, there's some truth to that. :)

The fact is that that was the code as I got it. If I remeber right, it may have some savestate function implementations, in custom.cpp, but those are only for A500, and even they were never called. Never had the time to spend on that.

Confirmed on both accounts. These "non-critical" bugs are the hardest to find, but I do have some ideas where to start. I was using WinUAE 1.45 source to help me debug 68020 code in UAE4ALL, so it should be possible to find which 68020 instructions are causing problems. Since those score numbers are so ridiculous, I'm suspecting MUL or DIV. The same problem may be responsible for Roadkill as well.

I haven't worked on UAE4ALL for over a year, though. I'll see if I can find some spare time to get back to it, but knowing that someone is trying to 'score' (pardon my pun) on my work certainly doesn't motivate me in any way.
Yes, that isn't motivating at all. Would it be possible to use a different license for your 68020 implementation?

Thanks for confirming the emulation/calculation issues. I hope the AnUAE4All situation can be solved so that your motivation to fix them will return.

Thanks for the offer to donate pandora, but money's one thing I don't have too much problems with. :) I'd like it much more if that matter with anUAE4ALL source was resolved.
I've recently bought the source and can send it to you (haven't checked it though). Maybe with this you'll find the time and motivation to release your own UAE4All for Android. That would definitely solve the AnUAE4All issue...

@Anonymous It would be frankly awesome if you could find the time to improve this emulator.So far its excellent.Must try more games to get the right config etc.

edit. this emulator is awesome.Agony runs perfectly a500, exile,guardian as well. Major kudos to anonymous and john4p! Take a bow gentlemen.

Btw, is there any way to remove those terrible scene intro's from amiga floppy's?

And i agree, great emulator, just need to toy a bit more with it to get a better general feeling out of it, never had an amiga.

Glad to see you found our boards, I'm one of the main guys behind the Pandora and as I grew up with an Amiga (and still play them every now and then), Amiga Emulation on the Pandora is one of my most-loved things :)

For me, it would be easier helping you to get a Pandora than to help with that sourcecode-thief, but if there's anything I can do, let me know.

It's one of the reasons I like the Linux and Homebrew community much more than Android... besides all those apps that simulate beer drinking and stuff like that. :D

Btw, is there any way to remove those terrible scene intro's from amiga floppy's?

The Amiga games you like to play often had on-disk copy protection involving things like weak sectors which produce predictable error sequences on a read operation, which (due to aforesaid errors) could not be copied by a simple track-copying program. One problem we have with Amiga emulation is that the predominant file format is the .ADF file, which can only represent disk formats that conform to the standard 880-track system used. In order to easily copy these games, cracking groups removed those protections and converted the disk format into something that a disk-copy program could reproduce easily. This often involved quite a lot of work, so they would add a "signature" intro. There was quite a lot of prestige attached to being the first group to get a cracked game out into the public domain.

Unfortunately many of these games were not in the standard AmigaDOS format, and so removing the intros would be a lot of work. Some are in the correct format and simply launch their intros from the startup-sequence and so can be removed easily. The majority though, cannot. This is the price we pay for easily emulated disk images.

I've recently bought the source and can send it to you (haven't checked it though). Maybe with this you'll find the time and motivation to release your own UAE4All for Android. That would definitely solve the AnUAE4All issue...

I'd personally put the source up for free download, on somewhere like google code or somesuch (with GPL licenses intact), and then advertise it heavily around the google marketplace, but that's just me and I am something of a bastard in that regard.

D.

The Amiga games you like to play often had on-disk copy protection involving things like weak sectors which produce predictable error sequences on a read operation, which (due to aforesaid errors) could not be copied by a simple track-copying program. One problem we have with Amiga emulation is that the predominant file format is the .ADF file, which can only represent disk formats that conform to the standard 880-track system used. In order to easily copy these games, cracking groups removed those protections and converted the disk format into something that a disk-copy program could reproduce easily. This often involved quite a lot of work, so they would add a "signature" intro. There was quite a lot of prestige attached to being the first group to get a cracked game out into the public domain.

Unfortunately many of these games were not in the standard AmigaDOS format, and so removing the intros would be a lot of work. Some are in the correct format and simply launch their intros from the startup-sequence and so can be removed easily. The majority though, cannot. This is the price we pay for easily emulated disk images.

I'd personally put the source up for free download, on somewhere like google code or somesuch (with GPL licenses intact), and then advertise it heavily around the google marketplace, but that's just me and I am something of a bastard in that regard.

D.

Tnx for the explanation.

The reason i dont like them is because they cause system errors every now and then, but il live with it.

D.

Tnx for the explanation.

The reason i dont like them is because they cause system errors every now and then, but il live with it.
Might be the rom crack you are using.There are several versions of game adfs cracked by different coders etc. Left mouse click is the default method to exit these screens and boot the game as you may already know.Left mouse click with the pandora nub works.

D.
I see your logic.If all else fails F....k em.

Can I just post the zip-archive here in the thread or would that be in any way illegal? I guess it's no problem - just want to make sure.

Anonymous,

great that you got around to post on here!

For me, savestates are very important, because I don't spend much time on game playing, and savestates are the only way to get through a game for me "bit by bit" (pun intended).

So I am still using version 1 of the emulator for now. But it would be great to be able to use v2 too.

Thanks for all your work!

Daniel

I haven't got that right until now. Have you actually been forced to buy the source code itself or do you have to buy the emulator to get the source code then?

If the latter is true, it looks to me that if there was the written offer to distribute the code to you, too then it might be legal for him to act so. Nevertheless detestable and disgusting.

Maybe it can motivate you to see how members in this and other forums appreciate your work. Like me.

Thanks for all your efforts!

A2000

Back