Tweaking and Finalizing

One metric ton, not a thousand.

Correct. Plastic manufacturers probably don't use 1k Pyras as official volume number :)

Again, it's 1t (ton) of plastic.
One case weighs about 130g.

So 1t = 7692 Pyras that need to be produced with that color.
A lot more than the first batch.

And as I would have to pay that in advance, I can only do that when more than 1500 units have already been sold.

Standard stuff (grey, black, transparent, etc.) can be gotten without any problem, no MOQ here.

Are you getting any weight or perceivable flexibility difference between them?

Could do colours that also look good on the retroPi to match. Put a cartridge next to it and see.

Thanks for the update and also for sharing the sad part. Sounds like he was a really good person.

The standard color are not bad but I can't say I really like them: blue is too bright for my liking, red looks much better that I expected.

At the end I think black might be the best option.

Loving all the updates, although I have one question: will there be a soft-touch/matte black version available, at some later date if not from the beginning? I only ask because I struggle to fully enjoy a black product if it doesn't have that nice matte soft touch feeling to it.

Sad to hear about your Global Components Contakt

But the news on Pyra are good
I think i will go for the Transparent case, because its cool and nothing everyone have

Gray can be gotten in darker colors as well, sure.
Yes, we could get all colors as the rendered Pyras look, but as mentioned, the MOQ is 1t (one ton) of plastic.
I think a bunch of us were hoping for something between the current grey and black. If that requires a ton of plastic I am sure either grey or black is good enough.

So it should be clear
You said it.:p Plenty of us would be fine with clear cases, too.

I think a bunch of us were hoping for something between the current grey and black. If that requires a ton of plastic I am sure either grey or black is good enough.

Grey is available in all different nuances, and I will probably use a very very dark grey instead of a total black.
[doublepost=1467484185,1467484146][/doublepost]
Loving all the updates, although I have one question: will there be a soft-touch/matte black version available, at some later date if not from the beginning? I only ask because I struggle to fully enjoy a black product if it doesn't have that nice matte soft touch feeling to it.

They're all smooth and matte.

Grey is available in all different nuances, and I will probably use a very very dark grey instead of a total black.
There ya go, always giving everyone what they want. :)

Are you still thinking of doing a second color for the first batch?

Will the Clear Pyra also get Clear Parts??
I mean Nubs, Dpad, Buttons, Shoulderbuttons and Stylus??
Or are they in a diverent Collor??
I would like to have them in Black because this would look much better..
But then there is a Black Case left whit clear parts..

First of all my respects to your partner @EvilDragon, it's a big loss. We usually say that we are all the same and everybody is replaceable but that's a big conformist lie.

In other hand, great news. Is possible to me to get now a piece of transparent plastic case to try dye it?

Standard stuff (grey, black, transparent, etc.) can be gotten without any problem, no MOQ here.

016959-3d-transparent-glass-icon-symbols-shapes-smiley-happy2.png

This is great to hear!

Based on the displayed choices you may get the case you want. If others don't like that they can get the color they prefer, for a small fee and a little time.

Which is great because as much as I want a translucent/clear case I don't want that subjected on anyone who doesn't. I think it's really important that the main case be something moderate and sensible so it doesn't turn anyone off. Clear is fun, but its a divisive choice and I think black/grey is really the sweet spot. The dark red seems nice too and I'd find all three acceptable as a mainline case. But knowing that the choice of clear is a very real option is great.

I pulled out my clear game boy the other day and it still manages to captivate me. I'm stoked for the possibility of a clear Pyra. I love that this project keeps rolling and keeps me interested!

@EvilDragon Could you make the outer case dark grey/black, and the inner lid part in red? (And vice versa might be nice too, same as blue purple and vice versa combo)
It would really Stylize the Pyra more I think. I know I'd want that for sure!

Reactions: rSl
Back