Tweaking and Finalizing

Well its our loss, on the non-personal level. Still I feel someone who works for good is a friend of mine.

Big woop for working on the 3D to the respective tuters of the Pyra horn.

Does it mean the dedicated chip to do rotation can be omitted?

Also, it struck me as a cool idea to have waveguides above the microphone holes for more of a stereo-effect. Possibly some loading too, for better sensitivity.

Edit: Surely there are more things made at the plastic company. Maybe some joint-order can be set up with one other contracting company.

So in the end the special pyra colour may also be seen in a polish vacuum-cleaner, but thats almost more cool than being truly unique.

Last edited:
Is TheGoatEmperor avoiding big cats? Scroll up. ;)
Oh shi-- Yeah, sorry. :(

There is no black in the above pics. There is a grey. I wouldn't say the rest look toy-like, they just look boring, not fun like I imagined...except the clear, but I am also imagining the possibilities and already have a few custom paint ideas. The grey looks sorta utilitarian which is what appeals to me.

Not just any paint, it probably needs to be for plastic. I prefer a rattle can, and I need to get some purple or something for one of my GBs, so I may use some of that. I might also try to get something close to Extreme Green, or a translucent black or grey.

You're doing GBs? The exact reason I wanted to do this is because I read there was a company which pimped older consoles and sold them as limited 1 of a kind.. and it closed but it was (controversially) liked. I know of no other that exists, and I'm no electronics whiz, but at least I can do case art (if I ever get a proper stencil maker. I tried modifying a printer with a thin blade so it cuts whatever you put as solid black instead of printing it. Ended up with a confetti machine)

I used to do clothes, and I put the MGS3 Subsistence art onto a broken PS2 once as practice. Man, I wish I was as good as back then.

So, plastic paint, refillable rattlecan? I used to just brush over the stencils (required many, many small ones though)

I'd like to see your GBs or something if you know how to mod, though. PM me :)

Believe it or not I actually *want* my expensive miniature computer to be mistaken for a toy...

My preference (out of what is available):

*Violet / Clear
Black

*Light bleed concerns are the only thing holding me back from placing clear as a definite first choice...

... mind you, if it turns out to be distracting... I can always use my phosphor pigment to create an off white by day, haunted by night Pyra... or my beloved pink... UV reactive of course.

So,

Clear
Violet
Black.

Thanks.

But if only 2:

Clear.
Black.

Make it so ED.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

Believe it or not I actually *want* my expensive miniature computer to be mistaken for a toy...
Attach Barbie head and limbs so it just looks like a really anorexic Barbie doll... literally flat!

Is there no way of making this the standard model?

PYRA_DarkGreyNoisy_Black.png.b64c490ca067568bf957d6ed6a357ca2.png

Believe it or not.
I don't own any Barbies.

Sent from my GT-S7580 using Tapatalk

I was helping you make it look more like a toy,
didn't say you had any barbies,
I said you needed to buy one and attach it to your Pyra.
people will never suspect it's actually a secret

So does that mean we won't get a darker gray than the current one? The colors are okay-ish, will probably look better with the controls in for contrast.
I may settle for yet another black device then.

Actually, do these cases have the scratch resistant coating on already? If not, would it affect the looks of the case?

Gray can be gotten in darker colors as well, sure.
Yes, we could get all colors as the rendered Pyras look, but as mentioned, the MOQ is 1t (one ton) of plastic.

You don't buy color and mix it with your plastic, you actually by pre-colored plastic pellets. And anything that's not a standard color usually has 1t of MOQ (which would probably equal about 8000 Pyras for that color).

Also: It takes a full working day to produce the Pyra case in one new color.
So if you want to see a darker grey or black one, it takes about 1 single day just for that.
Cleaning the molds, putting them into the machine, setup the machine, etc.

So it should be clear why we can't simply produce 20 color samples to see how it looks like. That's not affordable.

It took one week to produce the cases in the few colors we have.

Any new color will not be done before we have the molds finalized, which is hopefully understandable.

I'm gonna risk being seen as dull but I like all those colors. I wouldn't mind getting mine in any of them.
I think my order of preference is
  1. grey
  2. red
  3. clear (but I'll be too lazy to paint it)
  4. violet
  5. blue
But I'm not completely sure, maybe I could swap 1 and 2 and maybe I'd prefer black to all of them.
For me color is not so important as to have to order custom supplies.

Good luck with the hinge. I wouldn't know how to go abot it except many trials and errors. I just had this crazy image of a
lever or something to tighthen and lossen the hinge, like bycicles have to lower or raise the seat, so that you can release,
move the lid and lock it in place. Not serious, of course.

I didn't understand the part on the PCB layouts ready. So it is already decided whether the rotator chip goes in or not ?
or is the design such that it would work if the rotator is just left unpopulated ? Or are we talking of different PCBs ?

Thanks for your efforts. Sorry for that death. Damned be all diseases. Have a nice weekend.

So the options, I can see, for a 2nd colour (besides black or dark grey) are:
- trying to find others for a one-shot buying syndicate
- enough people here being happy with one of the standard colours
- enough people here being happy with clear to have it as such or to decorate it themselfes

Did I miss something? Oh, I guess, I did. There oughta be more standard colours, right? Does Form Action have a lot of colour samples of the same material and finish? Could they be bothered to make good pictures (neutral lighting and all) for us to look at? Maybe after they've been shown some favourite renders to narrow it down beforehands.

I would like to have a black one and a second case in clear if its possible.
Maybe with an preorder option for cases, it would be easier to finance them. I think i am not the only one who would like to have more than one

Last edited:
You don't buy color and mix it with your plastic, you actually by pre-colored plastic pellets. And anything that's not a standard color usually has 1t of MOQ (which would probably equal about 8000 Pyras for that color).
But isn't 1000 Units the first batch anyways? So it would fit into the minimum quantity. Each later Batch could have other colors to differ. Colours shown here are not that bad, just needed to be a little bit darker. The example in the rendering above would be perfect.
And I hope they will finaly improve these molds, the edges of the parts look very unprecise and cheap with bad fitting.

Back