Those "extra" Units Mentioned In The Newsletter?

Fair enough, I guess I should read the news letter more throughly. As for the nubs, that comment by MWeston doesn't say the batch was limited to 8000, just that he has to load the firmware to the 8000 for the ordered Pandoras. I am still pretty sure I read long ago that the minimum order was much higher.

Edit: Oh and thanks for the references, good diligence. I wish my account worked on the unofficial forum so I could fill in on your off hours.

I sent my first email 12 days ago...last one i sent was 3 days ago...no response yet, im just wondering if there are any left or if they're all taken by now...

just curious if there are any left or if i gotta wait for the second batch...

Near-kun said:
So... anyone recently got some answer on preordering?
It's been 3 days since I emailed them... but nothing on my mail yet...
Are all the pandoras sold out? Will I have to wait until a very far far away day to have mine?

Yes. On October 1st I got a reply that I could preodorder. So I sent them all my info but haven't got a bill yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Punisher said:
Near-kun said:
So... anyone recently got some answer on preordering?
It's been 3 days since I emailed them... but nothing on my mail yet...
Are all the pandoras sold out? Will I have to wait until a very far far away day to have mine?

Yes. On October 1st I got a reply that I could preodorder. So I sent them all my info but haven't got a bill yet.
As Craig said, there was a flood of emails. Likely your confirmation email is behind all the request emails. Not to worry, as was said, 'first cone first served'. Just stay with it. Flooding the email account with requests will just make things harder for them.

Edit: They do want to do business & sell the Pandora, and seem like good people so far. Just be patient, they will take orders as they come in. Remember, Craigix's team is 2-3 people (including himself)... for orders I mean.

I can't imagine how they are handling the logistics of it all at this point, never-mind the work to get the Pandora done.

Gilrad said:
craigix said:
There has been a run on the 100, we are dealing with it in order of emails.

If orders are not paid quickly then we will move on to the next in line, we can't wait around at this late stage.

The reason those 100 are available is because they were orders which were never paid, thus we canceled them and they are up for grabs at the last minute.

What if money is already in transit? I sent an international money order a while ago, but there is still another week or two of shipping time before you guys should receive it. I mean, when you guys give me an order number and tell me international money orders are perfectly fine, it would really piss me off if you decide to cancel it.

Don't worry, we would not do that.

BackAssward said:
As Craig said, there was a flood of emails. Likely your confirmation email is behind all the request emails. Not to worry, as was said, 'first cone first served'. Just stay with it. Flooding the email account with requests will just make things harder for them.

Edit: They do want to do business & sell the Pandora, and seem like good people so far. Just be patient, they will take orders as they come in. Remember, Craigix's team is 2-3 people (including himself)... for orders I mean.

I can't imagine how they are handling the logistics of it all at this point, never-mind the work to get the Pandora done.

craigix said:

Exactly my point. Have some trust, they are good people.

Edit: Or convincing sociopaths... but you find them everywhere. So what choice do you have.

Got a very nice reply the other day, I appear to be in! :D

I ordered the Pandora and TV out cable, I am not just waiting on the Google Checkout invoice so I can put in a credit card number.

I do hope they have some spare nubs, in my last email, I asked for a few spare, as I run a DIY portable community, forums.modretro.com. The whole scene has lacked a good source of low profile analog sticks for a long time other than the shitty PSP sticks for DCp and N64p units, I am hoping these turn out better. If they do, it would be cool to try to piggyback a group order on top of the ones they will be ordering for the next batch.

palmertech said:
Got a very nice reply the other day, I appear to be in! :D

I ordered the Pandora and TV out cable, I am not just waiting on the Google Checkout invoice so I can put in a credit card number.

I do hope they have some spare nubs, in my last email, I asked for a few spare, as I run a DIY portable community, forums.modretro.com. The whole scene has lacked a good source of low profile analog sticks for a long time other than the shitty PSP sticks for DCp and N64p units, I am hoping these turn out better. If they do, it would be cool to try to piggyback a group order on top of the ones they will be ordering for the next batch.
Remember though, these aren't usual nubs. They have a firmware and if I recall their own GPIO lines. You can't compare them with PSP nubs.

Can you give me a link saying the have "firmware"? Usually, these are just a few 5k or 10k potentiometers, not sure why they would overcomplicated.

If perhaps they actually do have something to manage input between the analog sticks and the board, it will probably be a simple matter of pulling it off and just wiring to the actual potentiometers anyways. ;)

palmertech said:
Can you give me a link saying the have "firmware"? Usually, these are just a few 5k or 10k potentiometers, not sure why they would overcomplicated.

If perhaps they actually do have something to manage input between the analog sticks and the board, it will probably be a simple matter of pulling it off and just wiring to the actual potentiometers anyways. ;)
I don't profess to be a hardware tech, but I can guarantee you they have a chip and firmware (from being a forum stalker, and I am sure they require GPIO lines). There was an issue with the original firmware that had to be sorted out and updated before shipping. This is certain.

Your best contact is MWeston. Plus, a forum search couldn't hurt.

Edit: oh and on a forum post, MWeston indicated they might not be able to sell them, licensing reasons. I don't know if that has changed.

craigix said:
Gilrad said:
craigix said:
There has been a run on the 100, we are dealing with it in order of emails.

If orders are not paid quickly then we will move on to the next in line, we can't wait around at this late stage.

The reason those 100 are available is because they were orders which were never paid, thus we canceled them and they are up for grabs at the last minute.

What if money is already in transit? I sent an international money order a while ago, but there is still another week or two of shipping time before you guys should receive it. I mean, when you guys give me an order number and tell me international money orders are perfectly fine, it would really piss me off if you decide to cancel it.

Thanks, I feel much better now :)

centrik said:
So has a consensus been reached that if you haven't gotten an email yet, you're out of luck?
Quite the contrary, they have tons of emails to go through. If you are in the pre-order you will hear soon. They have to sleep and such, and go through all the emails. I doubt they got to the 100 one yet.

Edit: and it would be simple to think they haven't tried to go over the 4000 production, if they have interest. This is a company.

Near-kun said:
WHEN is this legendary second batch going to be released???
I don't want to be put into some kind of cryostasis state for an unknown amount of time!!

...neither did we! :p

BackAssward said:
Quite the contrary, they have tons of emails to go through. If you are in the pre-order you will hear soon. They have to sleep and such, and go through all the emails. I doubt they got to the 100 one yet.

Edit: and it would be simple to think they haven't tried to go over the 4000 production, if they have interest. This is a company.

Well, they could give the status of this "Last Units Preorders" somewhere...
I'd like to see whether I have a chance or not, so I could go ahead and make some preparations... or not =/ (aka deposit the money on a bank account so I can pay for the preordering ASAP)
I just wanted to see how many units are still left... They could add some kind of counter on the page or the blog... A counter indicating the number of Confirmed Preordered Pandoras >< When it reaches 4000, everyone that hadn't received an email would know that they are not going to have their Pandoras until sometime in 2010 from the 2nd Batch...

Near-kun said:
They could add some kind of counter on the page or the blog... A counter indicating the number of Confirmed Preordered Pandoras >< When it reaches 4000, everyone that hadn't received an email would know that they are not going to have their Pandoras until sometime in 2010 from the 2nd Batch...

That would be quite a cool feature, put pressure on people to buy them, but I just don't think they need to. One Engadget article and people are already thinking that it's sold the last 100 units (of which I'm somewhere in the queue, haven't been contacted yet).

Dead1nside said:
Near-kun said:
They could add some kind of counter on the page or the blog... A counter indicating the number of Confirmed Preordered Pandoras >< When it reaches 4000, everyone that hadn't received an email would know that they are not going to have their Pandoras until sometime in 2010 from the 2nd Batch...

That would be quite a cool feature, put pressure on people to buy them, but I just don't think they need to. One Engadget article and people are already thinking that it's sold the last 100 units (of which I'm somewhere in the queue, haven't been contacted yet).

Sent an e-mail yesterday - hopefully some units are still available. :) !

Near-kun said:
Well, they could give the status of this "Last Units Preorders" somewhere...
I'd like to see whether I have a chance or not, so I could go ahead and make some preparations... or not =/ (aka deposit the money on a bank account so I can pay for the preordering ASAP)
I just wanted to see how many units are still left... They could add some kind of counter on the page or the blog... A counter indicating the number of Confirmed Preordered Pandoras >< When it reaches 4000, everyone that hadn't received an email would know that they are not going to have their Pandoras until sometime in 2010 from the 2nd Batch...

There are all sorts of valid reasons to NOT do that, but it would always be out of date... as the orders are being allocated by hand, upon reading emails, and the crew are behind... well, the web page could say "20 units left" and have 50 people send emails in... then STILL say "20 units left" because the emails have not been read, and have 50 more people apply to get a Pandora, each confident that they got in on time.

Those are silly random made up numbers, but out of 100 people 80 would feel "lied to" because the status SAID there were 20 units left... it's more accurate, and safer, to do exactly what they've done - state "there are 100 left to go" and leave it at that while they try and deal with the last minute rush. If people stop panicing, and the email traffic stops, THEN they could say "OK - after a brief flurry, we have 30 left" (or whatever). But while it's busy... numeric updates could be a mistake :(

(it might also be a mistake to show the number of units being sold at less than one a day, as that could create complacancy - and craig typically tries to give customers the bum's rush rather than calm them down).

It's been 4 days now. I'm starting to lose hope.
I wanted to add a TV-out Cable and an extra battery to my order, but I don't know how to do it and I suppose it's easier to do when your preorder is registered somewhere and they only have to change it there.
Since my preorder request wasn't even answered, it seems a bit ingenuous to think of modifying my request at this point.

So, I'll present 2 questions:
1. Anyone received an answer recently confirming a preorder?
2 (This is more to the someone on the Pandora staff). How should I proceed to add Battery and TV cable to my order even though my order is yet to be confirmed?

Thanks for the help =]

Back