Those "extra" Units Mentioned In The Newsletter?

El Jefe said:
whoah, looks like I lucked out in starting the order process a day or two before the newsletter...
Same here. I ordered last week.

I really intended to wait until the hardware was proven; but when I read that the second batch wouldn't be until Spring and there were pre-orders available, I couldn't resist.

Last edited by a moderator:
*Really* regretting not pre-ordering sooner. Still hoping I'll be able to sneak my order in, though I doubt it now.

Will other cancellations over the next month allow other people to pre-order? Or is this the last chance they are giving us?

on a first come first served basis, at $330 each, if you want one email: openpandorasales@gmail.com

When they say, "first come first served", I wonder what qualifies as "first come"?
I sent an email to the above address, as well as to the gp2xorders address, stating
that I was interested in ordering and asking how I should submit my payment information.

Should I have done something different to "start the ordering process"? The information
on the site (and on gbax) is sketchy and doesn't really say anything other than "email",
and I was wary of firing off credit card information into the uncharted wilds of
non-encrypted email land.

They're replying to emails in the order they receive them. The reply contains payment details. Basically, you've done the right thing. Now cross your fingers. :)

Jonttu said:
To reserve my spot, is there any way I could pay more? I'm willing to pay up to 20 dollars more so I can get a first batcher. I was infuriated last year when I couldn't afford the reorder. I only registered in March of last year, but I've been wandering the forums since 04 deciding whether or not to get a gamepark. This is the first handheld I've wanted to purchase. If I get into the hundred, hurray, If I don't, batch dos. I really don't feel like fishing for a cheap sony ux either.
I imagine you´ll be able to buy a really really expensive Pandora on eBay just about two days after the first ones have been shipped. Just don´t expect to get one of those at only a USD 20 premium...

Karel Jansens said:
Jonttu said:
To reserve my spot, is there any way I could pay more? I'm willing to pay up to 20 dollars more so I can get a first batcher. I was infuriated last year when I couldn't afford the reorder. I only registered in March of last year, but I've been wandering the forums since 04 deciding whether or not to get a gamepark. This is the first handheld I've wanted to purchase. If I get into the hundred, hurray, If I don't, batch dos. I really don't feel like fishing for a cheap sony ux either.
I imagine you´ll be able to buy a really really expensive Pandora on eBay just about two days after the first ones have been shipped. Just don´t expect to get one of those at only a USD 20 premium...
I understand mass production hasn't begun yet, so would it be impossible to produce an odd number oh say 4101 Pandoras? (jking) But are the MP numbers already predetermined and can't be changed? So let's say another 100-150 were produced, I'm sure there is at least another 100 people who want a Pandora. I really want a Pandora, and I don't have money to buy a umpc that would suffice my needs and net-books are too big. It's either this or a UX280P off ebay. I'd wait for batch 2, but time is of the essence. I needed this last year, but ...well via delays. Hopefully I can sell an organ to buy this later on.

Oh boy...

I want so badly to buy one... It would be a great tool for use at the University... Taking notes from the lessons, and being able to program for all the main languages any time... And, of course, playing all of my favorite oldschool games...

Is there any possibility for me to buy one of the first batch?
If not, when exactly will we have the second batch...?

Near-kun said:
Is there any possibility for me to buy one of the first batch?
If not, when exactly will we have the second batch...?
yes, you may still be able to preorder one (out of the unspoken for 100) from the first batch by sending an email to openpandorasales@gmail.com
and if not, you will have to wait til after 2010 (most likely spring)

oh also, inb4 gruso

Jonttu said:
I understand mass production hasn't begun yet, so would it be impossible to produce an odd number oh say 4101 Pandoras? (jking) But are the MP numbers already predetermined and can't be changed? So let's say another 100-150 were produced, I'm sure there is at least another 100 people who want a Pandora. I really want a Pandora, and I don't have money to buy a umpc that would suffice my needs and net-books are too big. It's either this or a UX280P off ebay. I'd wait for batch 2, but time is of the essence. I needed this last year, but ...well via delays. Hopefully I can sell an organ to buy this later on.

Then you understand incorrectly. SOME parts of the mass production haven't begun yet - for example, the case mould was still undergoing "tweaks" last time I heard, and due to a Chinese holiday the factory is shut until AT LEAST the 8th of this month. So final Mass Production on the case cannot start. However, other processes have/may have begun. For example, the first 105 board have been produced, populated.

As for whether they could make "just one more" - well, they have to order stuff too. Like the motherboards, the CPU/SOC, the screen - and some of those were bought months ago at a minimum order qty of 4000. So they couldn't increase the run of batch 1 Pandoras by "a bit" - from what they tell us, 2000 would even be too few and an extra 4000 really is "the next step up" at this point.

eBay may be an oiption if you can't order one now - but if you can pay for one now I'm sur eOpenPandora will greet you with open bank account :D

Gruso said:
Don't forget that they're offering 150 or so to webstores. You might want to get your internet detective on and find out if anyone will be stocking it.

Thinkgeek maybe?

So... anyone recently got some answer on preordering?
It's been 3 days since I emailed them... but nothing on my mail yet...
Are all the pandoras sold out? Will I have to wait until a very far far away day to have mine?

Near-kun said:
So... anyone recently got some answer on preordering?
It's been 3 days since I emailed them... but nothing on my mail yet...
Are all the pandoras sold out? Will I have to wait until a very far far away day to have mine?
The almighty Panda distributors have deemed us unworthy. Come hither brother and we will cocoon ourselves into a primordial sleep for its second coming.
...and bring chips... ranch chips.

Gruso said:
Don't forget that they're offering 150 or so to webstores. You might want to get your internet detective on and find out if anyone will be stocking it.
We usually read the forums equally and agree on our information, but for once I have to ask: Are you sure of that? My understanding is 3900 to people. The first 105 of which might be used for demos and reviews or devs (depending on what was posted and when and by whom). Plus 100 in reserve as a 5% hold for possibly faulty units needing warranty replacement (equaling 4000).

That stores would not receive units until the second batch.

As for the nub run (response to the other poster), I can almost guarantee they did more than 8000. I swear I read it was way more than that, like 20,000 was the minimum.

But... but.... T.T

WHEN is this legendary second batch going to be released???
I don't want to be put into some kind of cryostasis state for an unknown amount of time!!

Really, my only question: Anyone have the slightest idea of WHEN this second batch will be available?
I wanted so badly to got one before Christmas... I am urging to have an UMPC, and Pandora is my best and only shot... I don't want to buy any other system! ><
Please, Panda Distributors, stop hiding those extra units!! We really need some extra units here... >< 500 is more than enough! =D
(In fact, I have 2 friends here in my university in Brazil that would like to acquire pandoras, too... Paying only one shipping price, it would be great... but considering the current LACK of pandoras, I don't even think I am going to purchase mine...)

BackAssward said:
Gruso said:
We usually read the forums equally and agree on our information, but for once I have to ask: Are you sure of that? My understanding is 3900 to people. The first 105 of which might be used for demos and reviews or devs (depending on what was posted and when and by whom). Plus 100 in reserve as a 5% hold for possibly faulty units needing warranty replacement (equaling 4000).

As for the nub run (response to the other poster), I can almost guarantee they did more than 8000. I swear I read it was way more than that, like 20,000 was the minimum.
I recall that 150 to web stores figure as well, though I've been a lurker until recently.

Near-kun said:
When is second batch?

In 2010, after they're done shipping the first batch and going on vacation to Craigix's roof.
Hopefully I'll be able to play with mine over the summer before I have to go back to my last year of school.

BackAssward said:
Gruso said:

Direct from the newsletter that sparked this thread:

We are also able to offer a very limited number of consoles to web stores (less than 150), again on a first come basis.

Regarding nubs, MWeston mentions 8,000 here: http://pandorapress....estin-mah-nubs/

So, lulzfish... 2010 I kinda guessed... but are we talking about early 2010? Spring? 1st trimester? Or maybe 2nd?

Back