The Rate Is Now Constant (No More Interruption) What's The Speed?

Is the production going to slow down now that there's ICPs to build alongside the Pandoras?

chris_r said:
Is the production going to slow down now that there's ICPs to build alongside the Pandoras?
The official line is that one doesn't affect the other because different factories are used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Esn said:
chris_r said:
The official line is that one doesn't affect the other because different factories are used.
But I thought although the manufacturing was done in a factory, all assembly was done in-house. So presumably that means at least some people have to build ICPs instead of Pandoras.

chris_r said:
Esn said:
chris_r said:
But I thought although the manufacturing was done in a factory, all assembly was done in-house. So presumably that means at least some people have to build ICPs instead of Pandoras.

Yes, but building one iCP takes about 1 minute, so that's one 8 hours day.
Currently we're bugging CC for the next shipment and are waiting for replies, so there is not much left to build at Craigs house except for the iCPs (and some Pandoras still left from the last shipment).

I definately say the bottleneck is CC, we could be way faster. But if they continue to deliver at least 800 units per month, I'm okay with that.

Last edited:
That's a shame. I would've hoped by the time you had got to 2000 then maybe my order around 900 would've shipped but I guess this bottleneck will make my wait even longer

EvilDragon said:
Currently we're bugging CC for the next shipment and are waiting for replies, so there is not much left to build at Craigs house except for the iCPs (and some Pandoras still left from the last shipment).

I definately say the bottleneck is CC, we could be way faster. But if they continue to deliver at least 800 units per month, I'm okay with that.

If the bottleneck is CC, it means that there are 100 pre orders that were paid you two years ago that could get be fulfilled already, but are not, because the devices went to "Premium" buyers. This means that you actually lied when you said that the Premium scheme will make delivery for others faster.

aq21 said:
If the bottleneck is CC, it means that there are 100 pre orders that were paid you two years ago that could get be fulfilled already, but are not, because the devices went to "Premium" buyers. This means that you actually lied when you said that the Premium scheme will make delivery for others faster.
That's not a lie, that's just an unforseen situation. If you said we were going to the beach but then there were roadworks that meant we couldn't go, that wouldn't make you a liar. It just means that it was true from what you knew at the time.

chris_r said:
aq21 said:
That's not a lie, that's just an unforseen situation. If you said we were going to the beach but then there were roadworks that meant we couldn't go, that wouldn't make you a liar. It just means that it was true from what you knew at the time.

Well alot of us said it a few weeks ago that the maths did not add up and they still don't!

So its not an unforseen situation at all - 800/1000 boards per month is all that CC appeared to be able to send when the premium Pandora was announced and its still the same now - hence no addional Pandoras shipped due to premium Pandoras!

Premium (queue jumping) Pandoras are here to keep the project alive not to speed up delivery (although ones in a weekly batch may ship a day or so earlier)

I accept that just like many others.

EvilDragon said:
Currently we're bugging CC for the next shipment and are waiting for replies

and now have they replyed? :)

aq21 said:
EvilDragon said:

Not really. The bottleneck right now IS CC, as Craig hired the people to build the units.
If he hadn't, he couldn't have kept up with the speed CC delivered. That was exactly the plan of the Premium units.

ahahah said:
EvilDragon said:
Currently we're bugging CC for the next shipment and are waiting for replies
and now have they replyed? :)

Yes, some new guy there did take over managing the Pandora production. He told us he wants to ship boards weekly and give us a schedule (something we've been demanding for months!) until Thursday.
He just needed some time to get into the project... let's hope he knows his job.
They shipped PCBs on Friday, but didn't tell us how many, so it'll be a surprise when UPS delivers them.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Yes, some new guy there did take over managing the Pandora production. He told us he wants to ship boards weekly and give us a schedule (something we've been demanding for months!) until Thursday.
He just needed some time to get into the project... let's hope he knows his job.
They shipped PCBs on Friday, but didn't tell us how many, so it'll be a surprise when UPS delivers them.

Thanks for the update ED, that's all I wanted to know too. I don't like that they haven't told you how many.

Dead1nside said:
EvilDragon said:

Thanks for the update ED, that's all I wanted to know too. I don't like that they haven't told you how many.

Me neither. We're still looking for different companies for the future, but the Pandora is one hard board to produce :(
Well, they ARE producing at least, and that's what's most important for me right now :)

Last edited:
well, i dont know how many premiums he sold, but i guess that enough to pay a couple of months for the new workers. Then, stop make the people laugh of everybody that was supporting the project for years, allowing jump the queue, end with the queue, and then, sell as many premiums as you want.

what is wrong with this?

what about check how legal it is and talk in other terms?

each day that my future pandora gets older, more i feel that i dont take my money just to dont feel that i invest money in a project and i dont get anything.

really, before i was supporting this and making a lot of advertising to everybody i know, now, i just say that all this is shit.

jonjandran said:
Dont like it? Get a refund and move on. Real simple.

i am sorry, but will you be happy if u give someone 300€s and u wouldnt get it back until more than two years later, if it is fine for u, can i be your bank?

ZarkGhost, I think you misunderstand. You complaining here only detracts from the project, so assuming you want to enjoy your Pandora when it arrives then complaining without offering suggestions only helps you in the immediate while potentially harming you in the future.

So, people around here who are sick of the complainers suggest that they take their only option, and just get refunded and move on. Honestly, what else can you do? Again, complaining on the forums (instead of via email) is only just making public that your upset and don't want to get anything done.

i offered a suggestion... to stop sell premiums. concentrate in make happy(if it is possible after all this long wait) the people that supported them from the first day, literally, cause people from day one are still waiting.

i only have a couple of subjects to end my studies, computer engineering, i am working at the same time, and before i thought about spent my free time making something for the pandora, or as i am working optimizing stuff, concentrate in try to improve one of the many projects that exits. But after all this shit, i will just play a couple of games.

maybe i am a crap unable to make anything nice, but now nobody will know, and i am sure that there are more people as me.

ZarkGhost said:
i offered a suggestion... to stop sell premiums. concentrate in make happy(if it is possible after all this long wait) the people that supported them from the first day, literally, cause people from day one are still waiting.

i only have a couple of subjects to end my studies, computer engineering, i am working at the same time, and before i thought about spent my free time making something for the pandora, or as i am working optimizing stuff, concentrate in try to improve one of the many projects that exits. But after all this shit, i will just play a couple of games.

maybe i am a crap unable to make anything nice, but now nobody will know, and i am sure that there are more people as me.

You're frustrated, I am too, as is everybody else who is still waiting. When Craig announced the premium Pandoras, I wasn't too happy either, but now I'm learning to live with it. Ultimately it's futile saying anything, they're doing their best, and I trust in that. While our waiting brings us frustration, it seriously brings money problems to OP. ED said that every month he's losing more money, and Craig, who has more invested is probably not in an enviable position right now (both EvilDragon and Craig have indicated that their health is suffering for it).

If you can't put up with the wait then perhaps its time to consider a refund? This community needs dedicated developers and excitement again, OP are trying their hardest, but it still appears as if CC is the bottleneck. Why not develop and cross-compile, releasing it to the users out there now, for testing? There is also a platform game coding competition going on, mainly on the other official form, think about participating in that.

If OP run out of money, then nobody else is getting a Pandora. It is not in anyone's interest to see the community falter, to see OP falter. As Craig put it: there has to be a Pandora 1 before there can be a Pandora 2, this is about long-term success as well.

EvilDragon said:

Friday, 6 days ago (it's Thursday now)? And it didn't arrive yet?

Back