Let's Assume The Cases Are Now Perfected, What Is A Realistic Eta?

transmition

Still Fresh
Let us assume that the cases have no been perfected, and once they are reviewed Mass Production starts?

Realistically, how long until we begin receiving our pandoras? I am asking for both the people who are at the start of the queue, and the people at the very end like myself.

Would we get them by the end of January, or is that too optimistic?

If the green light is given before the year ends, I'd say there's a good chance we'll get them in January. But then again, I have been too optimistic before :p

I think the next obstacle will be assembly. A week or so ago Craig was saying if there was somewhere cheaper in Europe to assemble them then they would do it there. Anyway, it sounds like assembly hasn't been decided.

I'm not saying that Craig hasn't decided yet, but it sounds like it hasn't been written in stone yet.

I'dd say two months (please note the absence of "tm" as it's a realistic estimation and not the habitual prank)

second exodous said:
I think the next obstacle will be assembly. A week or so ago Craig was saying if there was somewhere cheaper in Europe to assemble them then they would do it there. Anyway, it sounds like assembly hasn't been decided.

I'm not saying that Craig hasn't decided yet, but it sounds like it hasn't been written in stone yet.

They are being assembled in the same Texas factory that populates the boards, as it was something the factory offered to OpenPandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
second exodous said:

They are being assembled in the same Texas factory that populates the boards, as it was something the factory offered to OpenPandora.
Ah, ok, like I said above I wasn't 100% sure I just remember him saying something about having them assembled in Europe if it was possible.

Sphinxter said:
Ban everyone who assumes anything.
+1

Fecking assumptions and noob guesstimates don't make it easier for us and the team.

Well, well, well, that is an excellent question, one I think only GOD can answer correctly. I've given up on the human estimations, as they should have been right at least once or twice strictly based on the law of averages! Now based on past information from the team, if the case is green lighted by january 1st, mid january would fit well in the times given to start seeing Pandoras. Craig had the best intentions to start shipping before Christmas(I believe), and that was based on getting the green light with the last cases which arrived in early december. I'ts only been 2+ weeks since, so more things should be complete at this point, right? Now if you take all the information from the last 2 months, and look at times given, and then look at when things actually happened, and I would say realistically, late february to early march(In the best case). I know that only the cases have to be produced at this point, but there is still allot to be done, and many ways for "#@$% to go Wrong"! I really hope I'm proven wrong, as everyone who has followed this project and supported it for several years deserves to have there unit in there hand ASAP. Video's are great, but a very poor substitute for the real thing. How long would anyone hear like to hear stories of there best friends dating super models, and then watching videos of them having sex, and hanging out on dates! Exactly, "NOT VERY LONG"! EVRYONE HERE IS READY TO MAKE THERE OWN VIDEOS AND TELL THERE OWN DATE STORIES!

Jumpman

Sphinxter said:
Ban everyone who assumes anything.
I say weed out the naive, just ban the people that take assumptions/guesstimations seriously.

jumpman said:
Well, well, well, that is an excellent question, one I think only GOD can answer correctly. I've given up on the human estimations, as they should have been right at least once or twice strictly based on the law of averages! Now based on past information from the team, if the case is green lighted by january 1st, mid january would fit well in the times given to start seeing Pandoras. Craig had the best intentions to start shipping before Christmas(I believe), and that was based on getting the green light with the last cases which arrived in early december. I'ts only been 2+ weeks since, so more things should be complete at this point, right? Now if you take all the information from the last 2 months, and look at times given, and then look at when things actually happened, and I would say realistically, late february to early march(In the best case). I know that only the cases have to be produced at this point, but there is still allot to be done, and many ways for "#@$% to go Wrong"! I really hope I'm proven wrong, as everyone who has followed this project and supported it for several years deserves to have there unit in there hand ASAP. Video's are great, but a very poor substitute for the real thing. How long would anyone hear like to hear stories of there best friends dating super models, and then watching videos of them having sex, and hanging out on dates! Exactly, "NOT VERY LONG"! EVRYONE HERE IS READY TO MAKE THERE OWN VIDEOS AND TELL THERE OWN DATE STORIES!

Jumpman

The enter key. It works.

jumpman said:
Well, well, well, that is an excellent question, one I think only GOD can answer correctly. I've given up on the human estimations, as they should have been right at least once or twice strictly based on the law of averages!

Maybe we should ask "GOD" directly. :lol:

Only a matter of time before the Pandora ships to customers and that is reality.

rmm21 said:
jumpman said:
Well, well, well, that is an excellent question, one I think only GOD can answer correctly. I've given up on the human estimations, as they should have been right at least once or twice strictly based on the law of averages!

Maybe we should ask "GOD" directly. :lol:

Only a matter of time before the Pandora ships to customers and that is reality.

dlss4y.png

why would assembly be a problem.. I recall them saying they could make like 1,000 units a day or something like that

Back