Let's Assume The Cases Are Now Perfected, What Is A Realistic Eta?

Paradox said:
why would assembly be a problem.. I recall them saying they could make like 1,000 units a day or something like that
They never said that. It was around 400 or so per day, after they'd gotten the process down. It was expected to take a few days of slow production before they'd worked everything out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sphinxter said:
Ban everyone who assumes anything.
I agree assuming Chip agrees.

WizardStan said:
jumpman said:
<snip>
Jumpman

The enter key. It works.
+1 for the Paragraph

(naw)mcx said:
rmm21 said:
jumpman said:
Well, well, well, that is an excellent question, one I think only GOD can answer correctly. I've given up on the human estimations, as they should have been right at least once or twice strictly based on the law of averages!

Maybe we should ask "GOD" directly. :lol:

Only a matter of time before the Pandora ships to customers and that is reality.

dlss4y.png
At least He did not say Two Months[sup]tm[/sup]. He can have a wicked sense of humour at times.

Exophase said:
Seems like every time an update is posted one of these threads is made..
Nature of the beast. We're all excited and goal posts have changed again, so I think we can let this one slide.

The answer to this is out there with a little research. If the original batch of cases were perfect then we would have had 1000 complete Pandoras shipped before tomorrow. So given the same timescales and allowing MW a few days off starting on, say Jan 1[sup]st[/sup]. We're looking at about 2-3 weeks for these and the others should follow over the next two week. Jan for some and Feb for the rest of us.

No assumptions were used in the writing of this post as this is pure conjecture.

I no longer care when my pandora arrives (Didn't think i'd ever say that) because it's gonna be SWEET!!! and worth the wait!! Merry christmas all btw :)

puppydee said:
I no longer care when my pandora arrives (Didn't think i'd ever say that) because it's gonna be SWEET!!! and worth the wait!! Merry christmas all btw :)
I don't care when your Pandora arrives, either :p
Get on with the second batch, suckers.
Merry Christmas :)

Human: When will the Pandora come out?
God: In your lifetime.
Human: Are you sure?
God: I am as sure as I can be.
Human: How awesome will it be?
God: How much do you think it is?
Try searching Wikipedia.

I'm not sure if that's comforting or not. Regardless, He truly is infallible.

Mr.Confuzed said:
Human: When will the Pandora come out?
God: In your lifetime.
Human: Are you sure?
God: I am as sure as I can be.
Human: How awesome will it be?
God: How much do you think it is?
Try searching Wikipedia.

I'm not sure if that's comforting or not. Regardless, He truly is infallible.

Wikipedia is the new God. But then, I knew that. :lol:

New case shipped 23 Dec, how long before MW gets it? A week at best I would guess. If he green-lights it then the cases have to be manufactured and shipped, together with the keymats (made by the same factory IIRC). I would say mid Jan at the earliest before they arrive in Texas. Then final assembly and packaging etc. Maybe they will be able to ship final Pandoras before end of Jan, but don't get your hopes up. Factories aren't just waiting to do Pandoras, they are busy with other things so I suspect a lot of waiting at each step. I suspect that the initial units will arrive to users sometime in Feb but I have no idea how long until all 4000 units have reached their final destinations.

Awakening said:
New case shipped 23 Dec, how long before MW gets it? A week at best I would guess. If he green-lights it then the cases have to be manufactured and shipped, together with the keymats (made by the same factory IIRC). I would say mid Jan at the earliest before they arrive in Texas. Then final assembly and packaging etc. Maybe they will be able to ship final Pandoras before end of Jan, but don't get your hopes up. Factories aren't just waiting to do Pandoras, they are busy with other things so I suspect a lot of waiting at each step. I suspect that the initial units will arrive to users sometime in Feb but I have no idea how long until all 4000 units have reached their final destinations.
From what has been said from the beginning about the wait time when the OP team gives the mold company the green light they can pump out hundreds a day. I think it's a pretty big factory no matter how busy they are they can get 1000 out pretty fast. I can't remember what was said about the keymats though, just that they could be made along side the cases. Making the parts won't be the bottle neck, I think it will be the assembly, but I don't know, that is just what I gathered from following news for so long.

As long as I get mine before mid February I'll be ok.

Hmmmm, I do hope I will receive my Pandora before Feb. 1st.
Then I'm going to catch a flight to India and I won't be back for another 4.5 months.

Else, I will have to wait until the summer to get my dirty hands around this beauty :p

Alibobar said:
Then I'm going to catch a flight to India and I won't be back for another 4.5 months.

Else, I will have to wait until the summer to get my dirty hands around this beauty :p
Me also, mid February, can't remember off hand, I'm going to Brazil for 3 months. When I lived there I had multiple packages shipped to me and only got like 25% of them so there is no way I want my Pandora shipped to Brazil.

puppydee said:

++

Same here, as long as it gets here before May, and even if it doesn't I just need to know to make plans with an alternative computing device is all.

Thanks Pandora team for the awesome.

Since it missed my last birthday, thanks giving, and now christmas, I would be happy just to have it before next easter.

Alibobar said:

what's with everybody in febuary?

i'm going to thailand around mid feb too! :D desperately need my pandora before :eek:

nik166 said:
Alibobar said:

i'm going to thailand around mid feb too! :D desperately need my pandora before :eek:
Around February I'm so sick of snow I have to get out. I don't know anyone in southern USA and don't speak anything else but Portuguese and I know people in Brazil so that's where I go.

I had a friend that lived in Thailand for two years, he served a mission there, I want to go some day but don't know anyone there or speak Thai so I'm at a loss.

second exodous said:
nik166 said:
Alibobar said:

Around February I'm so sick of snow I have to get out. I don't know anyone in southern USA and don't speak anything else but Portuguese and I know people in Brazil so that's where I go.

I had a friend that lived in Thailand for two years, he served a mission there, I want to go some day but don't know anyone there or speak Thai so I'm at a loss.

Don't worry about the language barrier. I'm currently in Peru and don't know any Spanish, but I've been getting by with the power of a phrase book, mime and a sketch pad.

If I don't get my Pandora soon... I'm just going to wait longer, you see if I don't

I need to go places.. like to my dads.. some friends.. relatives etc.. but it'll be boring without my pandora :( I really neeed it!

I feel bad for the people going on holiday soon waiting for the pandora to take with them on the flight etc and not getting it

Back