PandoraPress: Featured Game of The Week

cosurgi

http://janek.kozicki.pl/
Website
janek.kozicki.pl
Hi,

I just discovered Super Geometry Dust, and it's a great game. And I discovered it because it was mentioned on pandora press.

So now I have an idea, which will help me and others to discover many great games for pandora. Pick the best game for current week - and write about just one game. Would be great if you also check beforehand that it is downloadeable from PNDstore, so I could just click & play. Then I will have whole week to check this game out, and next week - you will write about another game.

It is very different from publishing a list of many games at once - because it is too much to try! And I will play just one or two of them - those that you will write are the best ones.

One best game per week!

Great if those are native games. But in fact if it's just click&run from PNDstore, then it's just as good! :)

cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the idea, but I don't have a Pandora yet and I did not (and do not) want to write any elaborate reviews before I had a chance of testing it on "the device" itself.

But maybe someone else from the team will step in here.

Also everyone is free to apply for writing for the blog (PM me), so if someone wants to do this, I am pretty sure cosurgi would not be the only one finding this helpful.

I'll review Word War Vi if nobody else has done so. Or were we going for Pandora originals?

I like this idea. Would be cool to have a full review and maybe a video of gameplay.

This sounds like a brilliant idea. I would hate to think of what great games I may miss out on if we don't have something like this set-up (only just now found out about Super Geometry Dust, and I am fraking loving it!).

We have a candidate for this/next week, mcobit just contacted me with a nice write-up :)

When should be publish those?

Monday (beginning of week), Friday (end of week) or Thursday (historical reasons as Geometry Dust was posted then also end of week)

Also, because we are sure to miss stuff and in general don't have a very good judgement on what is good, please feel free to nominate games (ports and originals) in here as well as the comments on the blog!

As I wrote before, I don't have a Pandora and hardly the time to do a regular, long post every week (atm anyway), so if you have the time and fun writing, feel free to do so and send me the result - keep the series alive, you will surely be credited as the author.

Thanks for the input, I am glad we can put the "community" back in "community blog" ;)

foxblock out

This is a great idea! I like to do videos as opposed to writing, but I can do both. Send me a suggestion as I'm also an author on the community blog :)

I'll review World War Vi if nobody else has done so. Or were we going for Pandora originals?
Oh, certainly not. But it would be real good, if it had a .pnd uploaded to repo.openpandora.org, so that it would be just a click & run with PNDstore. Otherwise the writeup must contain a short section about how to set it up and start running.

When should be publish those?
Thursday is very good I think, optimal time before end of the week for installing.

nominate games (ports and originals) in here
OK, certainly I will! when I find something :)

if you have the time and fun writing, feel free to do so and send me the result - keep the series alive, you will surely be credited as the author.
maybe one day I will prepare an adom pnd package, then write about it :) I hope others have some ideas too :) EDIT: unfortunately I don't have enough time... I hope others have

Thanks for the input, I am glad we can put the "community" back in "community blog" ;)

(edited for clarity)

Sure would be nice to have a game-play vid with each post.

If we choose the game in this thread or one with polls on it, early in the week (Mon or Tue) then maybe Kloplop321 could have a play if the original suggester/contributor can't.

Can't make any of this a rule because it's starting all to sound like a commitment. :p

Sure would be nice to have a game-play vid with each post.

If we choose the game in this thread or one with polls on it, early in the week (Mon or Tue) then maybe Kloplop321 could have a play if the original suggester/contributor can't.

Can't make any of this a rule because it's starting all to sound like a commitment. :p

Ah no need for a poll, people should just suggest their favourite entries and we will select one of that (totally biased of course).

If no contribution for that is made we select one at random.

If someone submits an article for a game we will most likely use that independent of which game has been suggested before.

World War vi looks like a good candidate, Residual would be another.

I like the idea, but I don't have a Pandora yet and I did not (and do not) want to write any elaborate reviews before I had a chance of testing it on "the device" itself.

It's funny, though, that it's a lot easier to find time for writing (this includes code) while you're waiting for your Pandora than it is after you receive it. :)

Back