PandoraPress: Featured Game of The Week

Just checked it and the L button works for Activate/Mobile and B button fires. The R button doesn't do anything. I looked about in the controls but didn't see anyway to alter this.

Looking forward to your review article btw It was a great idea for a series but perhaps not too many will forward anything :)

Just checked it and the L button works for Activate/Mobile and B button fires. The R button doesn't do anything. I looked about in the controls but didn't see anyway to alter this.

Looking forward to your review article btw It was a great idea for a series but perhaps not too many will forward anything :)

thanks for checking this. So I will need to change the user controls in the article.

Please write something too! What's your best game? Write about it!

I dont really have a best game but I was writing something the week the Homeworld one was covered. I was planning on an emulated Amstrad/Spectrum adventure title that utilises the keyboard for text language input to control the animated explorer and converse with NPC's/Monsters (making Pandora far more suited to it than any other handheld machine).

I got as far as putting images/maps/ key layout and tips etc together but my writing style is weird at the best of times and its not a Pandora exclusive or anything, so i didn't submit it.

If I can keep my weirdness in check, I may submit something when I get time between the aggro of my hordes of kids here
wink.gif

Calling all Pandora Owners. Calling all Pandora Owners. Your community needs you!

Are you playing a great homebrew game that's not been mentioned in the series so far?

We need your words.

superb mobilization call! We have something for this week, but next week we are left in the cold!

I could put something together for scummvm. Explaining, where files go and how to setup and play a game.

I could put something together for scummvm. Explaining, where files go and how to setup and play a game.
would be great. Especially if you provided some way to download some example game. Maybe there is something freeware for scummv? Or maybe we could grab stuff from somewhere ? Please make sure that at least one game would be downloadable and playable.

Best if that was some indiana jones or secret of monkey island or day of tentacle, or even lure of the temptress or king's quest.... (though I'm not sure if they are all on scummv ;) ) I have those games in my archives (many people have, I guess), so you could also exmplain how to extract data files from them and where to put them.

if there will be nothing after your article, I can write something quick about hex-a-hop, because I was playing that last week during my way from work.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Demos of many of the games that ScummVM supports are available on the ScummVM website here - that should be sufficient, and legal, no? :p

EDIT: There's always Beneath a Steel Sky, too (also hosted there), since that was made legally freely available.

^ Demos of many of the games that ScummVM supports are available on the ScummVM website here - that should be sufficient, and legal, no? :p

EDIT: There's always Beneath a Steel Sky, too (also hosted there), since that was made legally freely available.

aha! Beneath a Steel Sky would be a good start. But I see Lure of The Temptress also there! :)

Yes, Beneath a Steel Sky and Flight of the Amazon Queen are both really nice freeware adventures, I can show. Hope I get the time this week.

No need to hurry I think this week will be a small "break" in which I cover the RIOT digital competition entries.

I'm on holidays until 22th. and it turns out that internet access is very difficult - phone has almost no reception. I'm almost cut off. To post I must go to the middle of the forest and climb on a hill :) I didn't expect this, but I enjoy ;)

I'm on holidays until 22th. and it turns out that internet access is very difficult - phone has almost no reception. I'm almost cut off. To post I must go to the middle of the forest and climb on a hill :) I didn't expect this, but I enjoy ;)

Haha, that sounds exciting, enjoy your trip, hopefully the Pandora will come in handy from time to time ;)

that scummvm article was great! Congrats :D

I can write something about hex-a-hop. Or maybe about ur quan masters. But would be good if someone else wrote something too!

looks like we are dying, slowly. painlessly.

I'm preparing something about hex a hop, but don't expect something as good as mcobit wrote about scummvm, I have time problems. ur quan will have to wait, because it's bigger.

btw, in scummvm, after an hour of playing 'beneath the steel sky' I couldn't save progress, because suddenly the F5 system menu stopped responding to mouse clicks. The music was playing, ESC worked to go back to game I could play the game (mouse clicking worked). But when in system menu I couldn't click on any button - it just didn't react. I couldn't even quit the game. Weird maybe the window lost focus, or something equally stupid, but it was all fullscreen. I wonder if I could turn off fullscreen in scummvm, that would partially fix this strange problem.

Well, interest seems to be present, sadly nobody to write articles :(

I think we should switch to a less frequent release anyway, like bi-weekly or monthly.

Articles don't even need to be as long as they have been in the past, there also is no need for a game. Just give a short overview of the game and why you liked it, maybe explain the controls, if the game doesn't do that.

Basically write a blurb for the game and give the necessary information so everybody can get started immediately after downloading.

If you do a good job of generating interest for the game, any additional information is not necessary as the reader will go ahead and try the game for himself/herself.

I'll write something again, but I have a lot to do right now. But for next week it would be ready.

Edit: I didn't write anything about scummvm. Just did the video ;)

Back