Recommend One Game For Everyone Else To Play On Their Pandora

Corican

Still Fresh
So in this thread you get to recommend that one special game that you can't wait to play on your Pandora. Could be a childhood favourite, or one that you thought was simply great.

So...
Post one game only
Wikipedia article if there is one
Include what platform it's on
Post a picture if possible
Maybe a description of what genre it is or whatever.

Then everyone can enjoy games that they may have otherwise missed.
Life is good.

Mine:

Little Big Adventure
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_big_adventure
Little_Big_Adventure.jpg

It was out on DOS and PSX
It's an adventure game with elements of action and RPG in there too.
One of my all time favourites.
Really fun. And great music.

Slightly offtopic, but I remember at one point in the GP2X era there was someone who set up a topic where for a week people had to try to get the highest score on a specific game, then after the week, the winner was announced and a new game was chosen. I'd love to see something like that again, maybe with a league table for how many times certain people have got the highest score or something.

Obviously there's a small element of trust involved, but it seemed to work well.

Oh, and I suggest playing Heart of Darkness for PSX. Great platform game.

Bramrash said:
Slightly offtopic, but I remember at one point in the GP2X era there was someone who set up a topic where for a week people had to try to get the highest score on a specific game, then after the week, the winner was announced and a new game was chosen. I'd love to see something like that again, maybe with a league table for how many times certain people have got the highest score or something.

Obviously there's a small element of trust involved, but it seemed to work well.

Oh, and I suggest playing Heart of Darkness for PSX. Great platform game.
Just tangenting on that offtopic.. it might be nifty if there was a way to take screenshots during games if a contest like that were to be run. Some background app that saved a jpg if a certain keycombo were hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Snatcher
snatpsx2.png

snatpce-9.png

snatchersegacd-7.png

Cult classic game written & directed by Hideo Kojima.
Tons of metal gear easter eggs (despite it being released first).
Great storyline, Lots of funny bits thrown in, Decent voice acting (for the time).
It's a 'digital comic' style adventure game (with minor (& very challenging I might add) shooting scenes)
Was released & remade on a lot of platforms, but I would definitely go with the PC Engine or Sega CD/Mega CD versions.

Great idea for a thread :D I'll have to have a think, one doesn't spring to mind.
I loved little big adventure :D I remember getting stuck half way through though.

I'm not sure if id recomend this since i've never played through it before, but I'm looking forward to playing through ice wind dale on GemRB.

fetchkb6.jpg

Working on n810! so should be an easy enough port.

Normality for DOS
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhs4q0azdGQ

6b4mrer.jpg

I would mention Star Control 3 (a great space exploration game, despite the critics), but it's possible that the DOS emulation will never be fast enough to play it.

So instead, I'll mention Panorama Cotton, and very, very fun pseudo-3D scrolling shooter for the Sega Genesis.

panorama-4.png

Video here

P.S. It would be fun if we could mention another game after a certain period (say, a week). I have a whole bunch that I'm eager to try, really. :)

I find that the games i play most on a hand-held are ones that are quick paced and fast to get going.

So, I recommend Harmful Park for the PS1, a quirky and amazingly fun shooter. It's short, but it will keep you coming back for more. Weapons consist of various food items and enemies are made up of anything that would be in the environment.

wacky-6.png

(Yes, that is a dancing cat controlling a blue Frankenstein that is flipping you off. Like I said "quirky")

Mine is "Grandia".
This Is the game I'm first going to play again, because I almost completed it but the boss was to hard and I saved right before the boss where you couldn't leave and level up more.
Grandia
grandia-2.jpg

This is one of the best rpg IMHO. I played it on the Playstaion, but it supposedly was better on Saturn. The fun stuff beyond having a fun lighthearted story line, was an entertaining quasi-real time menu driven combat system.

Edit: here is a nice video of a high leveled party tactically abusing the combat system to make the boss never get an action.

Threads of Fate!(PS1)
threadsfatepsx_002-large.jpg

Hands down my favorite game, ever. There's some funny dialogue, great music, great characters, and two stories(there are two characters who you can choose to play as, and their stories intertwine as you go along).

Back