The following is based on a true story.

After ED has the current 1000+ pre-order Pyra's made and shipped. Will he then have enough money to make the next batch and put them up for sale? Or will he need to do another pre-order to fund the next batch?

@levi Thank you. I saw somewhere a DSLR belt clip thingy (amazon.com/SUPON-Camera-Holster-Hunter-Loading/dp/B00VMTCB14) maybe i can somehow mount the metal part on the Pyra for example using the lanyard slot, some string and a nut. Would look somewhat strange but then you could draw it like a gun. Or way simpler i need bigger pockets to carry a Pyra comfortably ^^

Maybe i could glue some velcro to the back, but i think the Pyra is to heavy to hold securely when moving (i tested the Pyra prototype at the gamescom)

only two more Months™ ;)

:) probably true, but its a good weapon to.
The original BlackBerry devices made fantastic hand axes.

As i am probably finally preorder one soon, whats the best way to carry a "brick" and a phone (whiteout smashing the phone) ;)
I think the Pyra is probably a "little" to bulky to fit together with my phone in one pocket, and i dont want to carry a backpack

The long term answer to that is probably to buy a 4G Pyra and a bluetooth headset and ditch the phone. Short term I'm counting on needing a phone too as the software development 'gets there'.
[doublepost=1493907244,1493907062][/doublepost]
Pyramote or Pyra-mote sounds better than Pymote.

It rolls off the tongue better, and is a nice play on remote.

Good thinking Grench. :)

Edit: .. and people will be less likely to miss associate it with the Raspberry Pi (even though it will be an excellent accessory for that too).

Thanks - I didn't think you'd mind if I threw in another permutation of the working name.
[doublepost=1493907667][/doublepost]
i also like the idea of a pyra-mote as just the bottom half with much stuff unpopulated. (bonus points if we can market the hinge as something without needing to take it off the moulds :D.)
Easy.

Instead of a screen plastics piece, attach a (removable) selfie stick style phone clamp to it.
Alternatively, a flip up keyboard/controls protective cover (using the hinges) so that it can go in/out of your pocket without tweaking the nubs.

i'd consider keeping the speakers and rumble, so it could play bluetooth music and give feedback to other games.
but of course, first things first... and definitely no supervolcanos........
For the bluetooth device to make sound (even through the speakers), it will need it's own SoC with a DSP. If it crosses that line and becomes a 'computer', then it could also act as a bluetooth handset, dialer, keyboard, game controls, etc... But, by then we're talking about a much more expensive device.

Grench said:
The long term answer to that is probably to buy a 4G Pyra and a bluetooth headset and ditch the phone. Short term I'm counting on needing a phone too as the software development 'gets there'.
That was my plan to, at first i thought about using my phone as hotspot for the Pyra, but then my phone dies way to fast.

Grench said:
Alternatively, a flip up keyboard/controls protective cover (using the hinges) so that it can go in/out of your pocket without tweaking the nubs.
That reminds me of these logitech keyboards but they have no gaming controls :(

Logitech_dinovo_8.jpg

I am using a oneplus one at the moment and before that the nexus 4, both had good community support compared to other devices.

Ha I just resurected my Nexus 4. Fantastic phone. I went to the SGS II because it supported packet injection on the native wifi...but I don't really use packet injection much anymore sooo. Yay for enabling 4G on the Nexus 4!

In a pipe dream world, maybe waaay later the top part could become a phone holder, ditch the cpu pcb and the screen pcb.
Find a way to connect the sliced pyra´s battery to the phone and you could have a dream dock station for regular phones.

Not that any of us would give a s**t to it compared to the real pyra, but if producing such is feasible moneywise, it could rock some income for future pyra upgrades.
And of course, I have no idea or experience on what I´m talking about.

sku_257027_1.jpg

I had one of these back when my Galaxy S4 wasn't puffing up every battery I throw in.
Although, a shitty cheap variant with orange keys where the keys bounced (resulting inn douuble lletters)
It was backlit too

I had one of these back when my Galaxy S4 wasn't puffing up every battery I throw in.
Although, a shitty cheap variant with orange keys where the keys bounced (resulting inn douuble lletters)
It was backlit too
Oh I had that one, It broke when I tried to take the phone out of the case on the same day I got it. Still used it for a while. Even garbage qwerty keyboards are better then touch once. I miss them so much.

Swordfish II said:
Yay for enabling 4G on the Nexus 4!
But i remember that this doesn't work in Germany do to unsupported bands or so, luckily the mobile Internet was fast enough for me anyways.
It officially doesn't even supported otg but it worked fine anyways :D
I really liked that phone to but its to slippery, one time it was slowly moving on its own to the edge of the table ^^
Eventually (while moving on its own again) it got wet, an i could not turn it of (build in battery) in time so the audio got messed up (static noises over the speakers etc.) and a few weeks later it died completely :'(

So even if this phone is well build, i would strongly recommend a case or something to make the back more rough, like they did one the oneplus one

Kippykip said:
It was backlit too

That is way better than my attempt to glue a case and a rii mini on a thick piece of cardboard ^^

Back