The Caring Corner :)

I can still barely walk as of right now.

IppyHWnI.jpg

Almost six in the morning right now, and my foot is even worse than it was last night. I can just chill the next two days, but I don’t know how I’ll get home from my beach trip on Saturday.

Slightly good news, we ended up staying in and ordering pizza from a local pizza place. I can still barely walk as of right now.
No no no... you manipulated the situation and made the rest stay, even though they wanted to go out. You played the emotional card and made it about you, so the rest stayed. So you think its good news (and it was, but for you alone), but your sis that wanted to go out sacrificed herself for you... again. And she died a little inside. You have to learn to be less egotistical. And that foot... it's because you are too fat. But you chose to diet on pizza. Remember your words? "Im gonna get thinner by eating pizza or die trying". Your dad, your dad likes good food. That's not pizza. He stays quiet, but he'd rather go eat good local cuisine. He also died a little inside that day. You Insensitive Jerk.

No no no... you manipulated the situation and made the rest stay, even though they wanted to go out. You played the emotional card and made it about you, so the rest stayed. So you think its good news (and it was, but for you alone), but your sis that wanted to go out sacrificed herself for you... again. And she died a little inside. You have to learn to be less egotistical. And that foot... it's because you are too fat. But you chose to diet on pizza. Remember your words? "Im gonna get thinner by eating pizza or die trying". Your dad, your dad likes good food. That's not pizza. He stays quiet, but he'd rather go eat good local cuisine. He also died a little inside that day. You Insensitive Jerk.
Come on, @FBnil, we don't know that much. @JDTAY's family possibly know his mood, health and ailments better than we do (and if not they're welcome to read him here in the forum). Going in holidays with people is always a combination of enjoying the place and the company, they chose the company. Ending up ordering pizza at home is a calculated risk whenever someone goes in holidays with @JDTAY. If they wanted they could leave him alone with his pizza, and go away for the night before he could chase and quick them.
I may not recommend @JDTAY diet to anyone, not even himself, but it's his life. I don't think he planned to have foot ache when arranging vacations, so what was he to do ? Order a wheelchair for instant delivery instead of pizza?
FBNil might have been abusive, his family might instead, nobody might (it might be the case that nobody was abusive), and it's usually more complex that all that. In any case we weren't there and it's none of our business.

Ordering pizza is not a calculated risk. Most people who eat pizza are already chronically ill and just lack the discipline or knowledge to do better. Not saying a blame them, but an overweight chronically ill person ordering pizza is about as far from a calculated risk as one can get.

In EU it's easier to rent a wheelchair. My guess is that in USA that is much harder to do.
But you are right, let's ask the man himself: @JDTAY Question for you: Am I on the mark, or did I miss it by a mile (or a foot).

I do not agree that it's none of our business. JDTAY posted and shared a little bit of his life (thanks for trusting us with that JDTAY), so he's involving us. And we can support him (and show him love, even with all his flaws) or berate him (with some tough love).

@pyrat At the moment you sound like a supportive guy talking to a heroin junkie and saying that it's good he's getting a shot. I do not think JDTAY's family is abusive. I see it in his dad, trying to involve him by going out to eat at different places each time. Just to take him out of the house and be a little time with him in a different setting. And I know JDTAY does his best to stay positive while battling his inner demons (which are quite a few). So I know he can take a punch and stay standing, 'cause he's a fighter (not an effective fighter, but still, a fighter).

Ordering pizza is not a calculated risk. Most people who eat pizza are already chronically ill and just lack the discipline or knowledge to do better. Not saying a blame them, but an overweight chronically ill person ordering pizza is about as far from a calculated risk as one can get.
I was speaking of frustrated plans, not diethetics. I meant that to end up ordering pizza while you'd prefer eating out is a calculated risk for anyone going in holidays with @JDTAY, not a risk for @JDTAY.
People go on holiday, hope to eat out wonderfully every evening. But if you go with him, then you know you may or may not eat out, so it's your calculated risk (you may order pizza because it rains, for example, it's not all risk about @JDTAY).
@pyrat At the moment you sound like a supportive guy talking to a heroin junkie and saying that it's good he's getting a shot.
No, I don't work in a "narcosala".

Well, I know I've sometimes gone in holidays and someone in the group felt ill, or had to go buy clothes because an airline lose a suitcase, or it rained, or an event was cancelled, and I didn't suffer it like it if I died a little inside. I changed plans and enjoyed the new situation the best I could. I would be afraid if I had to go on holidays with you, @FBnil. You sound like you judge @JDTAY's life without enough information or legitimacy and use any excuse to accuse him of what you had long decided are his errors and make him feel bad about it, possibly to try to help him change something for the better, sure. And yes, in hindsight we all know we could have done some things better. But now is now, and the situation wasn't a drama, just some adults in a beach house changing plans for one evening.

No, I don't work in a "narcosala".
You, my friend, take text too literally. I did not say that, I did not accuse you of that.

>>and the situation wasn't a drama
But you make it sound like one. Like I said, let JDTAY speak his mind.

I made a new tasty salad:
Lettuce
Sweet cherry tomatoes
Parsley
Basil
Stevia
Pepper
Optionally salt

I call it "Better than Pizza when Eating in during Vacations".

In other news, I finally stopped losing weight. Looks like 58KG is it for me. I still lose weight when fasting but now it comes right back when I start eating again instead of staying off like it used to.

Six thirty in the morning, and my foot feels worse than last night. Just barely got my medicine in. I’m wondering how I will exit this beach house tomorrow.

@JDTAY Can you walk a little, or not at all, like, hop barely to the toilet? Do you keep the feet up all day to "rest" the foot/feet? Do you have binoculars to at least watch the outside?
https://www.loulouswaterfront.com/ looks nice.

Last edited:
I was feeling nauseous just now, so I took my temperature, and it was the gold standard 98.6 degrees. It’s usually lower than that in the middle of the night, but at least it’s nowhere near sick range.

Guys, bad new foot development. Even though it got easier to walk on last night, it’s still swollen, and a huge red bruise type mark just appeared on it this morning. Now staff thinks my foot was bitten by a bug or something at the beach. They’re going to call tomorrow and make me a doctor’s appointment to confirm.

I’ve been trying to scare myself by looking up mosquito borne illnesses, but fear not. Only 20% of people with West Nile virus develop symptoms, so it’s probably not that. I’m thinking it’s skeeter syndrome, which is an allergic reaction to a mosquito bite. It can happen even if you haven’t had mosquito allergies before.

Back